The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Decay feature / making houses look older and grittier

temestemes Posts: 175 Member
edited October 2014 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Usually I like that everything in Sims game is clean, shiny and new, but occasionally I like to design old-looking buildings, like haunted houses etc. It would be really nice if there was a "decay" feature in build mode, which would add randomly some additional decay layers to the wall/roof/floor/fence etc textures (smudge, cracks, dirt etc). That decay feature could have few different steps (and separately for outdoor and indoor), like slight / average / maximum, so it would be useful for different tastes, when you want to design slighty old looking building or totally decayed mansion.

Comments

• Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Sounds like a good idea for TS3. There are already some textures and items from the store that could bring this image about, but adding a little more could make it great.
  • Options
    HessethRanHessethRan Posts: 1,522 Member
    I think I would prefer a secondary kind of wall paint which could be layered on top of the regular one, i.e. a paint which would add texture rather than color to create the effects you describe.

Alternatively, I think being able to use terrain paints on walls and objects would be nice, since we could add dirt and grass effects. I know that in Sims 3 it was possible at some point to do this if you played around with terrain cheats and embedded an object, but they fixed it at some point.
    My Origin ID: RoseElsing
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,580 Member
    In TS3, one can still use custom paints/textures to get special effects.