The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Song Writing: Write until you drop

Is this bug? When I go to write a song it will not let me stop if I need to do other things. I could be starving, about to pee myself or even 3 hours late for work and my sim is still working on the musical score.

Is this a bug? Has anyone else been experiencing this?

Comments

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,662 Member
    It happened to me once, but I played as another sim and came back to the bugged one and it reset itself.
  • Options
    DuruialDuruial Posts: 77 Member
    I have noticed this. My breakaway has been giving the Sim an order to do something else with the instrument, that seems to get them to stop writing the song.
    Carthago delenda est
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,764 Member
    Is this bug? When I go to write a song it will not let me stop if I need to do other things. I could be starving, about to pee myself or even 3 hours late for work and my sim is still working on the musical score.

Yah, it happened to me too. Ask your sim to do something like watch TV (just to add that in the queue), and then you click the sim and ask him to Change outfit... and that will be in the queue too and then he will stop playing and go watch TV and then you can just cancel the change outfit thing in his queue if you don't want him to change.
    Hope this helps.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    stephjovistephjovi Posts: 24 New Member
    But when the sim finally stops writing the song, she has to start all over again. She`s been writing for hours how many years does it take to write a song? I wish she could just continue like when writing a book. Has anyone ever finished a song?
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    +1 commitment
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    MrsBelliesMrsBellies Posts: 70 Member
    > @stephjovi said:
    > But when the sim finally stops writing the song, she has to start all over again. She`s been writing for hours how many years does it take to write a song? I wish she could just continue like when writing a book. Has anyone ever finished a song?

Check their inventory for sheet music, you should be able to click on that to continue writing the song.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    My Sim has written 4 songs. Can't finish them without breaks. When he needs a break I just cancel the action and queue up another. It takes a few seconds, but he always stops. When I want him to go back to it, I click the sheet music in his inventory. It might seem like he starts all over, but that's not the case. It usually takes about 3 sessions to complete the piece.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Yes. It's a bug.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    It does take a long time -- you can track the progress on the activity icon in the lower left corner. There's a thin circle around it that has a green line inside.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,764 Member
    stephjovi wrote: »
    But when the sim finally stops writing the song, she has to start all over again. She`s been writing for hours how many years does it take to write a song? I wish she could just continue like when writing a book. Has anyone ever finished a song?

No, she doesn't! Her sheet music will be in her own inventory. And then you can just resume from there. It only takes 8 sim hours to write a song but usually our sims don't have time to write the whole thing at one go. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,452 Member

#Dedication
  • Options
    xcheekyangelxxcheekyangelx Posts: 289 Member
    Most probably is a bug