Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anybody willing to trade me for a Barnacle Bay Code?

So I finally got my Barnacle Bay code. (I know pretty late)
I don't need it but I would like to have something from my wishlist if anybody is willing to trade?
Here's the link to my wishlist:
http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=lilsis3421

I'm to trade it for anything except the individual items (unless it's PC). So it can be premium content, a set, or venue...and I do have some things in there that are on the cheap side. Let me know if you are interested.

*also I need to know how to actually gift this code. I've never done this before. :?

Comments

• Options
    pixiegamerpixiegamer Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hi :)

I've already got Barnacle Bay (somebody gifted it to me a few weeks ago :D ), but I hope I can help even if I won't be trading with you.

The way my gifter sent me the code was through a gifted store item. If you haven't gifted anyone on this site before, basically, you're given the option to send a message along with the item when you gift an item. My gifter copied her code and instructions into the message and sent me the code that way. Since there are plenty of sales going on right now, you could probably find something less than 25 SP in price to use as a dummy gift to transfer the code, or, if you'd prefer, you could gift the person you agree to trade with something from his or her wishlist.

The other way I've seen people transfer codes is through email, although I've been told that sharing emails on the forums violates the site's terms and conditions. Simmers sometimes post their emails in their 'About Me' sections on their MyPage, though, so if you'd prefer this method, then you'd have to conduct the transfer outside of this site.

Also, you might have better luck posting this in the Gift Gathering forums. DangerDanger recently compiled a list of people who didn't have Barnacle Bay, so you're likely to find someone who'd like to trade you there.

If I may, could I also please post this to my Trading Post? I'd like to see it used by more people in the community. If you'd rather not, that's completely fine too :)

Good luck trading! I hope I helped :)
    Getting back into TS3! :smile:
  • Options
    lilsis3421lilsis3421 Posts: 1,258 New Member
    edited July 2013
    pixiegamer wrote:
    Hi :)

I've already got Barnacle Bay (somebody gifted it to me a few weeks ago :D ), but I hope I can help even if I won't be trading with you.

The way my gifter sent me the code was through a gifted store item. If you haven't gifted anyone on this site before, basically, you're given the option to send a message along with the item when you gift an item. My gifter copied her code and instructions into the message and sent me the code that way. Since there are plenty of sales going on right now, you could probably find something less than 25 SP in price to use as a dummy gift to transfer the code, or, if you'd prefer, you could gift the person you agree to trade with something from his or her wishlist.

The other way I've seen people transfer codes is through email, although I've been told that sharing emails on the forums violates the site's terms and conditions. Simmers sometimes post their emails in their 'About Me' sections on their MyPage, though, so if you'd prefer this method, then you'd have to conduct the transfer outside of this site.

Also, you might have better luck posting this in the Gift Gathering forums. DangerDanger recently compiled a list of people who didn't have Barnacle Bay, so you're likely to find someone who'd like to trade you there.

If I may, could I also please post this to my Trading Post? I'd like to see it used by more people in the community. If you'd rather not, that's completely fine too :)

Good luck trading! I hope I helped :)

yeah sure that's fine and thanks for all your help!