Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Re-creating your Sims 3 sims with Sims 4

Anyone have that family the you loved in TS3 and you felt the need to bring them back into TS4? Like, legacy starters, favorite sims, long-time families, etc. And I don't mean premades, simselves or other popular sims. :)

Tonight I felt like recreating my first ever TS3 family: The Stewards. I played with them and their descendants for a long time, because I was really excited with the game. :smiley:
Of course, when I first made them they had base-game hairstyles.

aUJk9ZK.jpg
OQptV0B.jpg

i8NdKza.jpg
x93HYIE.jpg
NK4koaX.png

Comments

• Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,169 Member
    I've had SO MANY sims that I liked from past games (from TS2, TS3 and some even from TS1) that I made like 100 households of them and out them all in a thread... :sweat_smile: (Currently there are 80 but I've already made more...)

The Stewards look like a really fun couple! What are their traits? :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,735 Member
    The Stewards look like a very nice sims couple :) It is special that you have created a sims 4 version of the sims. They reflect your original Sims so very well! She is very pretty!
  • Options
    earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,026 Member
    @Omri147 That's quite an impressive thread! :smiley: I don't have all the patience to create all my sims 3 and sims 4 households(and I can't remember them all anyway :lol: ) but I will go on and create a few more that I remember/currently play. The first ones are always memorable!

I didn't look at all their TS3 traits, but from what I remember Caroline was Hot-Headed, Ambitious, Perfectionist and probably snob. She wanted to become a CEO. David was a musician with the Virtuoso trait and I remember that he also loved the outdoors and was athletic.

In TS4 she has Hot-headed, Materialistic and Perfectionist with the Mansion Baron aspiration.
    David is a Music Lover, Loves the outdoors and Active( just like I remembered him, anyway) and he's got Musical Genius.
    NK4koaX.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,007 Member
    Oh, yes! I created my Cantrell family. I believe the first time I made at least the daughter and her family way back in Sims2. I recreated the entire family in Sims3, complete with her parents, and four brothers. I was saddened (since they've always been a musical family) that the band didn't include a singer. However, then ST came out and I was back in business, so to speak. I loved my singer Sim so much, that I purposefully brought him back to be my Founder for the Legacy Challenge by Pinstar.

You can see the comparison in my very first blog:

http://galacticgals.blogspot.com/2014/09/chapter-one-eriks-choice.html

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,989 Member
    I missed my Lucky Palms sim, so I downloaded from @Omri147 Lennon Sosa is now dating Lola Lancaster.
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited November 2016
    I'm currently on the fourth gen of a family that started with a remake of the twins Beau Merrick had in my TS3 game. Beau jr. and Raphael. Beau jr.'s daughter Sinclari was the first heir, then her son Varian and now his daughter Yrel .
    plum tree link

jainaharrisstart.jpg
    Jaina Harris

Married

merrickbrosbig.jpg
    Beau Merrick jr (t-shirt, his twin Raphael is in the tie)

Their daughter

sinclarimerrickyabig.jpg
    Sinclari Merrick

Married

brettroccayabig.jpg
    Brett Rocca (son of Paolo)

Their son Varian.

varianroccayabig.jpg

Varian married Jesminder Bheeda
    jesminderbheedayabig.jpg

And they had a daughter Yrel (teen in this screenie haven't uploaded the ya one yet).
    yrelroccateenbig.jpg

Yrel is a young adult now currently romancing Cash Walsh-Kibo (Darling and Akira's son).

• Options
    @GalacticGal Oh, I like your guy. He's cool. He's a bit like David too. Blond hair and musician. :smiley:

@imhappy @jeepjeepcat Can I see some TS3 vs TS4 comparisons? What did Beau Merrick look like in TS4?
    NK4koaX.png
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited November 2016
    If you can get the plum tree link to work at the top of my post he's the head of the family tree. He was a vampire though which is why he still shows as alive :smile:
    edit -
    beau%20merrick.jpg
    bigger pic. I have one of the twins somewhere (the one I used to copy them to TS4) but it's on an unconnected external drive and I'm not sure which one. If I come across it I'll post it here too.
    Post edited by jeepjeepcat on
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I'm not certain if it counts if you only made the Sims in Sims 2 less than 6 months ago, but... the Sims in my current profile picture are actually originally from Sims 2, that I made in college, or at least 4 of them are. The fifth (who's actually in the middle :O ) was randomized and I thought "I could probably make a character out of him".

The first one is Lucas Vernler, a guy who was focused on his studies. The second is Dennis Toledo, and he's a kind of tough-exterior, soft-hearted, ladies-man. The third (in the middle) is called Giovanni (I don't remember his last name), but he's an Italian chef that I made in Sims 4 (because I saw him and inspiration struck, I didn't want to delete him or remake him into one of the others). The fourth is Meredith Wentworth, and he's kind of a mixture of Fortune and Knowledge. The fifth is James O'Malley (I think), and he's the very shy but very sweet family guy. I didn't actually play them for very long, but I got very attached to this household that I made trying to experiment with different looking Sims.

My other favorite family was from Sims 3 (I've shared the story about them a few times here now), the Bacons (originally were to be the Blackburns but a clone needed a different name :P). Gavin, who was a Doctor-briefly-turned-Investigator-before-returning-to-Medical, and his two alien children; Vivek and T'Lana. I was very attached to Gavin, and I doted upon Vivek when he was little, and endeavored to show the same attention to T'Lana (though it's a bit harder since I'm focused (when I play them which I haven't in months) on reclimbing Gavin's career, and starting out with Vivek's life with his highschool sweetheart.)
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    I went on and created my TS2 gals from this story: http://www.simsforums.com/showthread.php?tid=4851

qWIIxHi.png
    ETrcY6d.png

They're just roomies in my game and neighbours of the Stewards.
    NK4koaX.png
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,067 Member
    edited November 2016
    earthgirl wrote: »
    Anyone have that family the you loved in TS3 and you felt the need to bring them back into TS4? Like, legacy starters, favorite sims, long-time families, etc. And I don't mean premades, simselves or other popular sims. :)

Tonight I felt like recreating my first ever TS3 family: The Stewards. I played with them and their descendants for a long time, because I was really excited with the game. :smiley:
    Of course, when I first made them they had base-game hairstyles.

Im not so good making sims, then from my beloved family only recreate the family tree (a mother and her twin daughters, no identical twins) and their names
    María Nagy and her daughters Celina and Celeste.
    Also for María changed profession. At The Sims 3 was criminal (and LTW Evil Empress) while at The Sims 4 she is scientist

My avatar is TS4 Celina when become teen
  • Options
    And the obvious difference
    At TS3 my family are werewolves, at TS4 are normal sims
  • Options
    wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    For me, I'm waiting til we have more family play. My fav was a stay at home Mom who ran a daycare out of her house. Can't do that here.. :/
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member
    Melonie: TS3
    aScreenshot-524.jpg

Melonie: TS4
    10-18-16_8-33-43nbspPM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,535 Member
    I remade Michelle and Ben Stein from TS3 to TS4.I also made my TS3 Simself into TS4 and a couple of my other sims.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I recreated one of my Sims 3 heirs, even using paint.net to make eyes, nose and mouth really fit ;)

Silas%203%20en%204b_kl_zpsoj5prjoa.png

I'd never actually play him in 4 though. My sims in 3 have their vibe and my sims in 4 have their vibe. I don't want to mix that myself. Problem here would be that the guy is a genie anyway ^.^
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    One of my soon to be heirs in TS3 as a teen:
    EYseZqX.jpg

Here she is as a YA in TS4:
    ad1MVMJ.png
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Sadly I can't create my favorite sims 3 family in the sims 4 because of the lack of supernatural sims.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I was never really attached to any of the families I played in the TS3 (sadly). Though I recently got a want to play sims 3 again, but I'm kinda confused about the installation :tongue: If im able to get it to work i kinda want to make an alternative version of my legacy founder and her family, just to make the family tree bigger :#

I don't really have all the packs, so I'm scared that I'm gonna be missing some content or get bored. I want to try it out though because it sounds fun. But if I can't get it to work I'm just gonna take my favorite TS2/TS3 premades and try to make them in TS4 :3
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    I'm not at my laptop now but I'll post screenshots of my recreated Connor and Jared Frio from 3. They still need a lot of work and look like distant goofy cousins but are semi close.
  • Options
    WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    It would be impossible for me: Most of my sims are supernaturals and/or have custom hair and eye colours I made with the colour Wheel and the different colourable parts of the hair.
    There are no hair color that match them in the Limited patterns of the sims 4. And many Times those patterns are only present in one or two hairstyle. :/
    The sims 4 is way too limited.
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    My first thread (the one in my signature, if you'd like to visit) was all about TS3 recreations, then TS2, MySims, and beyond. Unfortunately, I strive to perfect them so I take an extraordinary amount of time to recreate a single sim that it became I was just pumping out recreations and not playing the game. The my professional life got in the way and recreating unfortunately fell off my schedule in favor of just playing a game. I may get back into it, but City Living really has left a sour taste in my mouth.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I have actually created my favorite couple - The Workaholic Derrick Bishop And Glamorous Sandra Bishop from the Sims 2 to the sims 4

vde4hf.jpg

t8mbkh.jpg
  • Options
    I forgot name of simmer than did it but I like how look at TS4 Bunch family
  • Options
    I made a few more families from Rocky Streams, because... why not?

k0Q0KJg.png

K50Tt8g.png

b9awH4U.png

This is fun, though CAS is SO much different in Sims 3 than sims 4! TS4 is more limited.
    NK4koaX.png