Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 1 not working

asiokos94asiokos94 Posts: 13 New Member
I've recenrly reinstalled my Sims 1 after having to uninstall my Sims 3, but every time I go to play it, a pop up states that an expansion pack has been installed after Makin' Magic and to uninstall, which then uninstalls the whole set. Which there hasn't been, I install them all in the order they came out. I've tried only installing the Unleashed expansion and it still came up with the message but Unleashed instead of Makin' Magic. I have the Sims Deluxe Edition instead of Sims 1 and Livin' Large, could that be the problem?
Also, it works if I play the game immediately after installing but not any other time.

Comments

• Options
    winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    HI asiokos94,
    I had the very same problem last night when I went to play sim 1 on my Lap top. When I installed it I added a family and played and all was fine. That was some time last week.

Last night I went in to the game to play and I got exactly what you are talking about. I reinstalled my game as it said expansion pack in stalled after making magic.

Here is the fix for that.
    Go in to your My computer C:/ Maxis, The Sims, look for the making magic 7 expansion pack. Then look for the Sims Icon makin magic might be the last one in folder. Right click it and send it to your desk top. It will make a short cut for you there. Then right click on that icon and choose properties. In the compatibility tab that is for making it xp compatible go down to the end of that tab and check the box that says give it administrative rights. Then close it out and click on it and you should be able to play the game with no problem.

I did not make it compatible for windows xp service pk 3. I am using windows 7 professional.
    Hope this helps you out.
    Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    Also when it prompts you to "uninstall" DON'T agree to uninstall!
  • Options
    > @winterloc said:
    > HI asiokos94,
    > I had the very same problem last night when I went to play sim 1 on my Lap top. When I installed it I added a family and played and all was fine. That was some time last week.
    >
    > Last night I went in to the game to play and I got exactly what you are talking about. I reinstalled my game as it said expansion pack in stalled after making magic.
    >
    > Here is the fix for that.
    > Go in to your My computer C:/ Maxis, The Sims, look for the making magic 7 expansion pack. Then look for the Sims Icon makin magic might be the last one in folder. Right click it and send it to your desk top. It will make a short cut for you there. Then right click on that icon and choose properties. In the compatibility tab that is for making it xp compatible go down to the end of that tab and check the box that says give it administrative rights. Then close it out and click on it and you should be able to play the game with no problem.
    >
    > I did not make it compatible for windows xp service pk 3. I am using windows 7 professional.
    > Hope this helps you out.
    > Your simmy friend,
    > Winterloc

Thank you, I will try it out when I've got the time :-)
    Have a good day/night my Simming friend
  • Options
    > @zorba2357 said:
    > Also when it prompts you to "uninstall" DON'T agree to uninstall!

I did, is that a bad thing?
  • Options
    winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    edited February 2015
    No it is not a bad thing, but if you uninstall makin Magic you will have to reinstall all the games. That is what I had to do and thank goodness I did not loose my family that I made. However with that said if you did not uninstall Makin Magic just say no. Nothing will happen or if you get another box error that comes up just click out of it.

Then do what I suggest in my post to you. After I uninstalled and reinstalled everything I got the same response again and that's when I went and hunted down the makin magic icon exe. I right clicked on it and did the Send to desktop. then when I first right clicked on it I saw where it said compatibility troubleshooter and then I saw run as administrator.

The game started up fine then I closed out of it and tried it again and got the same uninstall message. Got out of that then did the right click and got into properties and check the give it administrative right box and all is fine now. So that is what you need to do you can also make it xp compatible in the same tab is you feel you need to. I did not because I do not feel I need too.

Let me know how it turns out it is really an easy fix just got to know where to look for the makin magic icon. I told you how to do that.

your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)