Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

angry and apologize without ruining relationship

Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
I am doing the Soul mate aspiration. I need to make my Sim angry and then apologize. Of course that can ruin the relationship. What's a good way to do this? I almost got it but the apologize interaction dropped out of the que before the Sim did it.

Comments

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    A mean interaction should do the trick.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    Get your Sim angry at a Townie (not their Spouse) then do a single mean interaction with the Spouse & Immediately apologize for it
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Kuypers125 wrote: »
    Get your Sim angry at a Townie (not their Spouse) then do a single mean interaction with the Spouse & Immediately apologize for it

This.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    I will try these particularly with the townie. And I don't like this goal either. If took me a while to get my two soulmates together and this is the complete opposite, which is probably the point.
  • Options
    smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Kuypers125 wrote: »

Have tried this one a few times and the apologize interaction never showed up. :/ I even paused the game after the mean interaction to the spouse so I could look through every single possible menu option after clicking on the spouse and couldn't find apologize anywhere.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Isn't there a potion that can get rid of things like this? I have a vague memory of seeing some potion in the list and thinking, "Hmm, is that to get rid of things you can't/don't want to fulfill?"
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited September 2014
    I just finished that aspiration.
    What with writer's block? I still can't understand it. It's not bugged, stop thinking this is Sims 3.
    Sims 4 is designed as a grinder. So start grinding. Write 38475687346583 yucky books in a queue. Yucky means those books that can be boring as hell. Romance. Don't expect a block with comedy books!!!

Kuypers125 is correct, this getting angry step just looks as a hard step but it's not really.
    If you're unsure how to get angry easily use the same scheme I wrote about evil aspirations/careeers in another thread (angry painting, enable aura, watch the painting, get into fight against NPC, declare him/her enemy), but make sure the 48 hours of wedding happyness passed!

The final step of soulmate aspiration however sux!
    It's again - grinding! You'll nail those three gold dates in no time (btw when you reach gold date state, you can click on the timer to finish it so you don't have to waste time on that too).

That gives? From those three dates you'll already gather, dunno, 20-30 romantic gestures. And now you have to click like crazy for 170 more of those? And that is supposed to be fun?! EA should sack whoever decided to make everything in the game this grindy. It's worse than banging your head against the wall.

When I saw that requirement, I could only say: Dear Mary mother of Jesus.

The pic? Okay, the pic.

asp.jpg

Oh, you want to know what are these, exciting, spectacular, musthave socials you unlock after an hour of grinding?
    1. Share burdens with your spouse
    2. Share emotions with your spouse

Yea, and those are in "friendly" chatty. No woohooing in ponds, baths, under shower and something like that. Just two irrelevant and useless chatty lines.

I just can't believe EA expects a bestselling game with this. I just can't.
  • Options
    LulzesLulzes Posts: 9 New Member
    OK, this is how I did it. It only requires the sim with the aspiration to be angry.

First I painted three Angry paintings and put them in a room with no other decor, for a total of +21 Angry aura. Then I placed an Angry sculpture in the room and got him to view it. This made him Very Angry. This gave him the option to Chew Out his spouse. At this point I didn't immediately see an option for Smooth Apology, and most of the Romance category was greyed out, so I turned off the auras on the paintings which got him back to just Angry. The options in Romance were still all greyed out (no option for Apologize in Bed or whatever it's called) but I got the option for Smooth Apology and it worked.

Pretty sure the paintings were overkill. If you can't paint or use the woodworking table well enough to make these items, then I guess the next best option would be as described above, get angry in a conversation with an NPC and then use a mean interaction with your spouse.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited September 2014
    If you need to make a sim apologise (for some reason), does "Apologise... in bed" count? >:)
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    If you need to make a sim apologise (for some reason), does "Apologise... in bed" count? >:)

Pretty sure it does.
  • Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    I had my Sim pick a fight with another Sim, and then Yell At her husband. Under Friendly, buried way the heck down the tree, was Apologize. Stupid. Just like "Become Best Friends" took me forever to realize I had to ASK them to be my BFF. Really?
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options
    MissLaraeMissLarae Posts: 215 Member
    Bronwin2 wrote: »
    I am doing the Soul mate aspiration. I need to make my Sim angry and then apologize. Of course that can ruin the relationship. What's a good way to do this? I almost got it but the apologize interaction dropped out of the que before the Sim did it.

Someone told me yesterday to use the hat that came with the Digital Deluxe version. It worked! Just make sure you take your sim somewhere outside where there's no other mood boosters. All you have to do is wear the hat and be mean to your spouse once and you should have the option smooth recovery right after.

• Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    And I'm telling that noone has to pay for deluxe version just for the sakes of this aspiration.
    It's utterly easy to solve without any DLC.
  • Options
    MissLaraeMissLarae Posts: 215 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    And I'm telling that noone has to pay for deluxe version just for the sakes of this aspiration.
    It's utterly easy to solve without any DLC.

No one has to but if someone has it then they can use it. I've tried getting it done without it several times. My sim is always happy no matter what and she doesn't even have the cheerful trait.

• Options
    RoboLouey5000RoboLouey5000 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I did this really quickly, in a few easy steps.

Before you start this make sure you SAVE your game, relationships can go south really quick attempting to complete this.

1. Go to public lot with spouse/partner.
    2. Turn off free will, and move the spouse/partner away from people (Preferably outside) for the time being and just have them stand there.
    3. Find a Sim you are not particularly fond of and begin doing mean things to them.
    4. DO NOT FIGHT THEM! As your Sims will become Confident/Dazed as the result of the fight, which will supersede Angry as the prime emotional state.
    5. Keep being mean until the option "Declare Enemy" appears. (Not sure the exact option is called, something along those lines)
    6. You should become angry after declaring the Sim your enemy.
    7. Go to your spouse/partner and perform a mean action. (Again, make sure no other emotional state is superseding Angry or it will not work)
    8. The option to "Apologize" should appear after being mean, do so.

If you did everything right, it should be completed.

And if you are like me, you can go back to your enemy and mend the relationship.

P.S. If you have many different emotional buffs active, you can clear the slate by using the cheat: sims.remove_all_buffs, it will clear all except the non deteriorating buffs, such as needs filled or being outdoors.
    Post edited by RoboLouey5000 on