Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~Closed until May 25~

1960Banner.png

Welcome Everyone to my second CAS Contest! My first CAS Contest is coming to an end :cry: So, I thought I'd host another CAS Contest! Lately, I've been reading some 1960 based novels and such, so I got inspired by the very idea! Alrighty, enough talking about myself X.X

If you have participated in my previous (ongoing) CAS Contest; The Seven Deadly Sins Create-A-Sim Contest; then you'll have an easy time understanding this one too! They are fairly similar but with a different idea ^^

The whole theme of this contest is inspired by the 1960s. So in your own opinion based on what you know and what you might not know, how do you think they dressed? You may need some research, but if you're a super duper genius then you won't.

What you need to do:
First: Choose a Clique your Sim will belong to. It can be a Female Soc, Male Soc, Girl Greaser, Guy Greaser, Hippie, etc. More information on Cliques below!
Second: Make your beautiful Sim!
Third: Fill out the Form below!
Fourth: Wait until results come out!

Cliques
In the 1960s and even now! Cliques represent who we are and where we stand in society. You will be choosing from 6-7 different cliques your Sim will be in. Let's give you some insight about each clique :D

Female Soc:
1960-Fashion41.jpg

Female Socs and Socs in general are considered rich or middle-class if you prefer. They were proper and tidy. They had manners like an angel and obeyed their parents like a Saint! Female Socs were considered the 'popular' or at the top of the high school pyramid. Female Socs could be head cheerleaders or the smartest kids in school. Either way, they had to have an outstanding performance for their parents' sake.

Male Soc:
bob.jpg

Male Socs are the biggest rivals to Greasers. They just have bad blood. They dress neatly and tidy like most Socs. They tend to get into mature situations. Such as getting drunk. They aren't like Greasers. They're the same yet so different. They must keep a high status in school to maintain their rep and respect for their parents. However, Socs can be terribly emotionally abused without their parents knowing... They need their pride as a Soc and sometimes that's all they have.

Greasers (Girls and Guys):
Greasers.jpgGreasers have the tuff rep in society. They might not have 'everything' like the Socs, but they have their buddies in the gangs the belong to. Greasers can be affected emotionally and can be abused physically by their parents. They look to violence as some sort of alternative. But in the gang (if they do belong into one), that's where they can be themselves and be just one of the guys or girls ^^http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0dw186URC1r2fqc9o1_500.pngThe remaining Cliques are Hippies, and as you probably already know; they desire peace and love in the world, which we all know now that can hardly become accomplished today in the modern world. The British Bands, yes. The Beatles. Unfortunately I'm only making this available to create for males, that means youcannot create female version of Beatles.

Form:
Username:
Name of Sim:
Clique:
Head Shot (on white background):
Body Shot (on white background):
Scene Shot:
Life Story:

Note: The Scene Shot will be a scene in your Sim's life that you'll have to capture. Be very careful with little things in the background that might set your score way down! For example; a flat screen tv in the background. The Life Story will match your Scene Shot but at the same time you're telling us a bit about your Sim's life as a Soc, Greaser, Hippie, etc. It could take form of any direction you choose!

Example: WILL UPLOAD SOON! Promise!!! ^-^

Comments

• Options
    Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited April 2013
    Rules:

☺ Both Genders of Young Adults are permitted
    CC is allowed but not mandatory
    Pose Player is reccomened but not mandatory
    ☺ Do NOT argue with others on this thread. If you do, I'll have to disqualify you and your submitted Sim.
    ☺ Do NOT copy off another Simmer's original Sims. Be your own person and create one yourself. The only way to be accepted in this contest with the other person's creation is to have their permission first. Please type it down as you fill out the form.
    ☺ Have fun :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Reserved Spots

:mrgreen: =Reserve Me!
    :( =Dropped Out
    :thumbup: =Sim Submitted
    :?: =Unsure about Joining

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    You may now Post ^-^
  • Options
    MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited April 2013
    omg you do the best contests! i want to reserve but i cant decide whether i want to do hippy or female soc... decisions decisions...

what about a mod/trendsetter?
    would that fall under female soc?

• Options
    edited April 2013
    MissBrite wrote:
    omg you do the best contests! i want to reserve but i cant decide whether i want to do hippy or female soc... decisions decisions...

what about a mod/trendsetter?
    would that fall under female soc?

:mrgreen: Yay ^^ I'm always happy when you join my contests :3 I guess :/ Not too sure, but just put female soc :) ^^