Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP!!!! how do you get a free health clinic?

I need a free health clinic for my doctor and i don't know what to do so my doctor can vaccinate people.please someone tell me how my doctor can get a free health clinic and vaccinate people.

How do i get a free health clinic for my doctor to vaccinate? :(

Comments

• Options
    RelationshipsRelationships Posts: 96
    edited June 2010
    nobody knows?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2010
    In the preview it just showed a doctor must make it to full doctor rank at the hospital first and it usually tells you when your doctor can have the free clinic. I have not played the doctor profession with Ambitions yet, so I don't really know first hand, just what I read in the European Preview articles - but anyway, it seems once they are a certified doctor - during the day time they can go places where sims gather, like parks, and go around giving shots or go to people homes and make housecalls to give them free treatment. Someone mentioned you can buy a piece of land, and make the certified doctor build a clinic on the land for sims to come to with illnesses or needing shots, but there was only a small remark about this, and not really a clear indication of how it's exactly done. Like I wonder if they need to quit the hospital, and become self employed first, as it was my understanding to open any kind of business on a piece of property through a realtor they needed to be self employed - so I'm not really sure about that. But I am sure when the hospital says they can do the free clinic, they can go to the park and go to sims houses and give shots etc.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited June 2010
    delete, double post

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Bel008Bel008 Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited June 2010
    When your doctor sim goes to work after an hour a popup should appear telling you that there is other medical work available. I would go to map view and check because sometimes there are more than one job available. I found the free clinic and the vaccination clinic disappointing. You can only do the clinics for four hours and all the sims that you can't diagnose or vaccinate in that time get a negative relationship with you.

My sim has the observant reward and keeps getting the talk about shared traits come up while doing these clinics it really slows her down. Doctor sims do not seem to get any positive effect from doing these clinics and once the novelty wears off I can't really see the point. Unless you want most of the town to dislike your sim.
    I haven't played that much yet as I have been having issue with crashing to desktop and freezing so I keep losing two or three sim days.
  • Options
    RuyoayoRuyoayo Posts: 113 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I think I got to Gene Therapist before it became an option, might have been the level below that...

The Free Clinic pops up like any of the other Profession jobs, you travel there and then attend to the patients there for the duration. My free clinic popped up at the graveyard. During which time you're "Missing Work" so your Workaholics are depressed, you're not getting paid and your performance tanks as though you weren't at work.

I quit the profession after that. I don't expect to be paid for a free clinic, but I didn't expect for my Sim to be punished for holding it either.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ruyoayo wrote:
    I think I got to Gene Therapist before it became an option, might have been the level below that...

The Free Clinic pops up like any of the other Profession jobs, you travel there and then attend to the patients there for the duration. My free clinic popped up at the graveyard. During which time you're "Missing Work" so your Workaholics are depressed, you're not getting paid and your performance tanks as though you weren't at work.

I quit the profession after that. I don't expect to be paid for a free clinic, but I didn't expect for my Sim to be punished for holding it either.

My Sim is a level 10 Medical and I expected that if not paid for the time that she would get a positive moodlet for performing community service. All she got was negative relationship bars with half the town who she couldn't fit in. I couldn't believe when her first free clinic was at the graveyard not exactly what I imagined the doctor career would be like.

I think they should be able to have the option under friendly interactions to offer a check up or offer to vaccinate.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I understand they made it this way to mainly add the Evil Sims as there are perks for evil sims that will inject sims with experimental thinks and such.

Also I read in the preview you are supposed to do the free clinic after your shift is over from the hospital, not during it.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited June 2010
    delete, double post

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    I understand they made it this way to mainly add the Evil Sims as there are perks for evil sims that will inject sims with experimental thinks and such.

Also I read in the preview you are supposed to do the free clinic after your shift is over from the hospital, not during it.

The option to do the clinic only comes up during working hours and I did try to leave till after work but it wasn't available outside working hours. I don't care about the money as I can cheat and use motherlode but i they should get something positive for this work. At the free clinic you click on the town sims which have turned up and click diagnose then the action of your sim are preset. There is no choice of good or evil with this interaction.

The try experimental treatment comes up under interactions even with sims that have the good trait. So this make me wonder if this can be good or evil.
  • Options
    RelationshipsRelationships Posts: 96
    edited June 2010
    thanks for the info, it helped,and if you have anymore info please let me know.
  • Options
    anon015anon015 Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    I done ctrl + shift + c and typed testingcheatsenabled true. Then i went to one of the parks and pressed shift and clicked the left key on the mouse. Spawn job should come up and then you should see neighbourhood free clinic. Hope this works :D
  • Options
    ToachyzzToachyzz Posts: 66
    edited July 2010
    Well I have same promble with Darcy shaw She reach level 10 working in hospit went on free cina in work hour but children keep run away from doctor Then another sims at graveyard How don't feel well what do? so chose sims Darcy give meddice treatment got $240 paid for it. now can't any game too work tomrrow be seven day no sims games should dispoint why did update game was working fine before stupied update Now going drink Cappucino wonder if make sims movie out outside tow with sims mood sims3 games not working.
    So you see havn't play can't afford another £24 for same games.