Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim maxes body skill in seconds.

xXKuroFaiXxxXKuroFaiXx Posts: 83 Member
No matter what equipment she exercises on she maxes the body skill out in literally seconds. I've quit without saving and reloaded the house, it.keeps.happening. I just moved them out and then back into the house, after quitting the game entirely, still happens. None of my other families are doing this. Anybody else ever had something like this happen? Is it just a very convenient glitch? Should I just roll with it, or is it a sign of game corruption?

I'm playing the UC if that helps.

Comments

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    That's a bug if your sim has learned Physiology. It's irritating, yes, but also helpful. :p
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited November 2015
    Is it just the body skill or is it all skills? There was a glitch that when your Sim learned Physiology, it made your Sim skill super (and I do mean SUPER) fast. This was patched. The body skill is still supposed to be very quickly achieved, but not almost instant.
    There is a mod that corrected the rapid learning to about half the time as I believe it was originally intended.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    @xBob18 I think she did learn Physiology, so that must be it. Well as bugs go it's certainly not the worst thing to happen. :lol:

@Anmirla Only body skill that I know of, so I guess I'm just (un)lucky. I haven't installed any mods yet, but I've been considering it, so I may look that one up. Was it on MTS or elsewhere?

Thanks for the help everyone. :smiley:
  • Options
    hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    just had this happen. she jumped in the pool and pop-up pop-up pop-up lol full body within seconds. so i immediately made her cook dinner to see if the cooking skills maxed out. lol nope, but what a great glitch!
    let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    edited November 2015
    I managed to do this to a sim right before he hit college. I believe the intent of any skilling bonus gained is for them to max body only, but so far as I know it works on other skills.

The effect quit when I sent him to college, though. Since you say it's not a moveout problem, it might fix itself when your sim changes lifestate. Before you do anything about that, though, use boolprop testing cheats enabled true to "force error" on that sim, which is supposed to reset them (or use a hack like the batbox that does things like "fix flashing blue" or "fix effects,") might help. :) Just remember, if you're not familiar with boolprop, to turn it off as soon as you've achieved your goal.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    FearlessButterflyFearlessButterfly Posts: 336 Member
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=538689 That is the fix for this problem
  • Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Is it just the body skill or is it all skills? There was a glitch that when your Sim learned Physiology, it made your Sim skill super (and I do mean SUPER) fast. This was patched. The body skill is still supposed to be very quickly achieved, but not almost instant.
    There is a mod that corrected the rapid learning to about half the time as I believe it was originally intended.

They broke it again in mansion and garden stuff. Crazy people. :)
  • Options
    > @Scribal_Goddess said:
    > I managed to do this to a sim right before he hit college. I believe the intent of any skilling bonus gained is for them to max body only, but so far as I know it works on other skills.
    >
    > The effect quit when I sent him to college, though. Since you say it's not a moveout problem, it might fix itself when your sim changes lifestate. Before you do anything about that, though, use boolprop testing cheats enabled true to "force error" on that sim, which is supposed to reset them (or use a hack like the batbox that does things like "fix flashing blue" or "fix effects,") might help. :) Just remember, if you're not familiar with boolprop, to turn it off as soon as you've achieved your goal.

Oh, that's nice to know for future reference. :) I have no idea if/or when I'll age her up, and she's a bit old for college, but I'll definitely keep it in mind. (Or maybe she'll have an "accident" sometime soon :wink: )

If you "force error" on them does it also reset their memories?
  • Options
    FearlessButterflyFearlessButterfly Posts: 336 Member
    no it doesnt - but the best way to reset a sim is to go into buy mode put in the cheat moveobjects on and then pick up the sim and delete them, then save and go to the neighbourhood and then back into the lot and the sim will be standing at the mailbox.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited December 2015
    > @Scribal_Goddess said:
    > I managed to do this to a sim right before he hit college. I believe the intent of any skilling bonus gained is for them to max body only, but so far as I know it works on other skills.
    >
    > The effect quit when I sent him to college, though. Since you say it's not a moveout problem, it might fix itself when your sim changes lifestate. Before you do anything about that, though, use boolprop testing cheats enabled true to "force error" on that sim, which is supposed to reset them (or use a hack like the batbox that does things like "fix flashing blue" or "fix effects,") might help. :) Just remember, if you're not familiar with boolprop, to turn it off as soon as you've achieved your goal.

Oh, that's nice to know for future reference. :) I have no idea if/or when I'll age her up, and she's a bit old for college, but I'll definitely keep it in mind. (Or maybe she'll have an "accident" sometime soon :wink: )

If you "force error" on them does it also reset their memories?

The skilling bonus from reading Physiology IS supposed to only be for the body skill, but besides the massively fast skill gain, the glitch also included all skills. I can't remember exactly, but I think Mansion & Garden Stuff broke it again (as @rosey1579 said) only as far as too quickly topping the body skill. I guess if you dl'd the Complete Collection, you would only have the "rebreak" from Mansion & Garden Stuff. :p

You would need a program like SimPE to delete/add memories. There is no way to reset.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif