This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Share Ideas for Mermaid/Fairy Lagoon Type Lots

Hey Guys,

I cannot even being to explain how excited I am for Island Paradise, not only does it genuinely look like it's going to be the best expansion ever released for The Sims, it is finally bringing my most requested feature, as I'm sure all of you are aware, MerSims! :mrgreen:

I keep checking the forums and various sites each day to see whether any new information or screenshots have been released of them but so far all we have it about two seconds worth of footage from the teaser but hey at least it's something! Anyhow, one of the first things I wish to do when I get my hands on the pack is to create a special lot (or perhaps lots for different worlds) specifically for merpeople and fairies to hang out together and I need some inspiration!

I am praying that EA let us create MerSims directly in CAS, they just need to be!! Once I've handed in all my assignments I'm going to spend time creating a variety of interesting fairy sims to occupy my world in prep for the expansion, they just go together with mermaids perfectly. Obviously we don't know the logistics of underwater building etc just yet but I would like to create a hidden lagoon type lot that is partially on land and partially under water with various things to occupy fairies and merfolk, is anything thinking of creating anything similar or perhaps already has something similar in their game that they're willing to share pictures of?

I can't really find any images on Google but these are probably as close as what I mean...I apologise for their sugar coated aesthetic but it sort of illustrates what I want to attempt to create :lol:

20101221173002305_0001_zpsdcd10d28.jpg

0_zps8eb99214.jpg

And of course the famous Neverland Mermaid Lagoon

Mermaid_Lagoon_by_S_Harkey_zps090587d5.jpg

So there would be places for the two types of sims to hang out together and then sections more orientated towards mermaids and others to fairies. With a section also dedicated to growing herbs and mushrooms, now would also be a great time for the Store to release some sort of Harp musical instrument! I hope Dragon Valley has somewhere that such a lot could nicely fit! :mrgreen:

Anyone have any ideas on how would be the best way to approach this?? Please do share you're thoughts and ideas

Comments

• allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    edited April 2013
    I have no idea! But it is certainly a lovely idea. I'm sure it will involve a lot of new items from IP as well as MOO cheat to make it look "just right".

- Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • miklcmiklc Posts: 3,116 Member
    edited April 2013
    I have no idea! But it is certainly a lovely idea. I'm sure it will involve a lot of new items from IP as well as MOO cheat to make it look "just right".

Ooh yeah I hope the EP comes with lots of nice decor items that can be used on a lot of this nature. I'm thinking as the world that comes with Island Paradise is comprised of various little islands I could dedicate one of the islands to being something like this, at least then it would be nice and private, if only there was a way of restricting which creatures could come to the island.

the_sims_3_island_paradise_6_605x_zps6333f2c5.jpg

I could then use the new stilted foundation to build a sort of tree house like structure above the water, decorating it with fairy themed furniture. Ah man I am getting so excited thinking about the possibilities, I guess somewhere like this would also be good for PlantSims as well...once I've got a few of those in my game that is :lol:
  • starberrykissxstarberrykissx Posts: 748 Member
    edited April 2013
    That mermaid is soo pretty i can not take my eyes off her ... plus that little mermaid/fairy kid is so cute what movie are they from?
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,875 Member
    edited April 2013
    If we can CAS mermaids I'm creating Dugong Harbor for my overweight Mers. Also a bad-girl mermaid lagoon called "Sailors Requiem." I don't want to make nice happy mermaids. I want them to rise up against the fishermen who dare fish for their cousins in the water. :lol:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm just hoping we can place these underwater lots in lakes and such.

I plan on creating my "Big Beauties Lagoon!" It's gonna be a lagoon full of big mermaids ranging from chubby to obese. :mrgreen:

I want to put an ocean lounge at the bottom of the lagoon where the fat mermaids sing at.

It's gonna be awesome. 8)

Oh and all you mersim lovers, can you help me out with keeping the mersims in CAS petition up on the front page and bump it? If you want to be able to customize your mersims with many different tail styles and such, I'd jump on that wagon and sign the petition, also I'd bump it every day until we know if they're in CAS or not.

Any creature that's not in CAS doesn't have a lot of customization options. Aliens pretty much look all the same, so do plantsims with some variation in color. If you guys want mermaids to be amazing, please sign the mersims in CAS petition and help me bump it up to keep it on the first page!

Thanks!

Anyways, to the OP...I've never though much of mermaids and faeries going well together. When I think of mermaids, I think of deep oceans and Atlantis usually, but then I was reminded that there are legends of fresh water mermaids living in lagoons and faeries would probably live around these areas, especially if the lagoon was in a forest.

So, I actually love your idea! I think I may add a few chubby faeries with tiny bumblebee wings to my Big Beauties Lagoon lot. :mrgreen:
    Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png