Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I NEED HELP QUICK PLEASE!!!! Late night not installing

Okay so i just got the Sims 3 starter pack, and the sims 3 and High-End loft installed just fine, but then when i went to install the sims 3 late night, it downloaded okay but when installing it said "This product needs an installed copy of the sims 3" im really ticked off cause ive tried abunch of things and nothings working! This is my first time playing the sims and its really fun, but i was most excited for late night, and just my luck it decides not to work properly. My version is 1.67.2. PLEASSEE HELP :( :( :'( :(

Comments

• Options
    xxChrisLegendxxxxChrisLegendxx Posts: 8 New Member
    Well, to the best of my ability let's try and check off the obvious. First, it needs an installed copy of the Sims 3 meaning do you have the original Sims 3 game disc installed? The very first disc (Not a pack) cause in order to play ANY of the Sims 3 expansion packs you must have already installed Sims 3. If you haven't, you will need to purchase the original Sims 3 despite already buying expansion packs. Yeah it sucks, but that's how it is. Hopefully this answered your question. :)
  • Options
    kittykatz1017kittykatz1017 Posts: 7 New Member
    But I did buy it on disc. I bought the starters pack and can install both the sims 3 and high end loft. I bought everything on disc
  • Options
    HunterInShadowHunterInShadow Posts: 302 Member
    Have you registered your disc-based game content on Origin? It needs to be registered, because Origin doesn't otherwise recognize it as installed content. This is one of the causes of that particular error message.
    "Never tempt the Predator into a Bloodlust." - HunterInShadow
  • Options
    It is registered on Origin. I have tried installing everything through the disc, and then just going to Origin and installing everything there. Nothing worked.
  • Options
    Wait... I think I may have got the disc, but instead of using the disc i used the code. And for the sims 3 I installed by disc, which I remember. Do I just delete the late night by just pressing repair game or uninstall? or do I go to the files and delet everything? Or do I just delete the sims 3? Sorry for all the questions, but thank you so much for your help.
  • Options
    HunterInShadowHunterInShadow Posts: 302 Member
    Don't delete anything. Go and log into your Origin Client and Select "Add game..." from your Origin Menu. Then Click on "Claim product code" and write the product code from the back of your base Game's Manual (Sims 3) into the box under "Product Code" and press next. Then follow the instructions there.

This should be enough for Origin to recognize your Sims 3 base game as a valid intallation.
    "Never tempt the Predator into a Bloodlust." - HunterInShadow
  • Options
    wierd. There all recognized. Ive already entered all of the product codes. That was the first thing I did. Ok so lemme think. I've updated everything to the latest versions. I've tried deleting everything (before I wrote this post). Then I reinstalled. I've looked at old posts of people who found this problem and fixed it and have tried it... maybe I'll try again. Btw thank you so much for trying to help me. even though it might not work im happy there was someone out there who tried. :)