Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are Your Lots Hidden In The Gallery? Something I Learned!

Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
I don't know if this is something that has already been mentioned before, but I thought that putting this out there could not hurt.

I recently have been receiving emails from my personal website from simmers asking if I have removed my Sims 4 lots from the gallery because they are unable to find them. I linked them to Ruthless KK's tutorial and they still had no luck in finding my lots. This was becoming very frustrating because I make these lots for anyone and everyone who wants to download and enjoy! So I sat down and went through the gallery looking for what the cause could be. I noticed that once in the gallery in the community section over to the left hand side is a area where you can narrow your search down. I saw a "advance" button with a + next to it and when I clicked it more options including one that said "include un-owned content". I emailed one of the simmers back and asked them to do a search again and this time go into the advanced section and tick that one off. They emailed me back and said that did it! After ticking that one off all my lots showed up for them. The thing I don't understand is why all my lots where hidden from some players. Granted I did use some of those reward plumbob lights on 2 or 3 of my lights, but my starter homes had none of these items and those where hidden as well.

So next time someone tells you they can't find your lot, tell them to tick that off and see if that helps them find it.
NewBanner.jpg
Origin ID: Tiki5872

Comments

• Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Thanks for pointing that out, Tiki. I, for one, did not know about it.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    That is very weird.
    I looked for your stuff under your origin name and I had no problem seeing things. I tried checking and unchecking the include unowned content box and it didnt make a difference in what I saw.

Here is what I see with the box unchecked:
    unchecked_zps17382d73.png

And here is what I see with the box checked and a fresh search:
    checked_zpsf207e1b4.png

Is this everything I should be seeing for you?

• Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Thanks for the information Tiki! :) I always have problem finding my lot. I always have to give my origin name before I can find my lot in the gallery. As pointed by JBEAR, when you reach the 25 download mark the gallery just hides your build which is so frustrating! :'( I much preferred the sims3 exchange! *sigh*
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited October 2014
    and there is no seperate website like TS3 had, to see all the other creations done by everyone else, it's sad that if I want to see other creations, I have to fire up my game and then go into the Gallery!. I wu\ish there was a seperate website! it's annoying!
  • Options
    @BryonyRae, you are welcome! :)

@ruthless_kk, thank you for stopping by this thread! It would be great to have your input since you have a good understanding of how the gallery works.
    Yes, that screenshot shows everything I currently have in the gallery. The thing I don't understand is why some players are having a problem seeing all my or some of my builds if they don't check off that "include un-owned content". If it did effect a lot showing, than I would think it would only be those I used the plumbob reward lights in. I am not sure if those lights have anything to do with it or not.
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    Tiki, I think the players not seeing your lots must not have some of the premium content - if you got the digital deluxe addition, there are objects included that people who just got the standard edition don't have. Also, if you use the plumbob objects that we got as rewards for owning TS3 and exp. packs, those again could cause it for people that don't have them.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    @rosemow, you are welcome sweetie!

@yanti68, you are welcome! I know I can't pull up any of my lots by using the lot name! The only way they seem to come up is if I use my Origin ID. It is very frustrating not having direct links to give people. I feel like I have to send people off on a wild goose chase looking for them!

@midnightpearl, It is a bummer to have to go into game to see your gallery. It is easier to upload, but everything else is a little more difficult.
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    Tiki, I think the players not seeing your lots must not have some of the premium content - if you got the digital deluxe addition, there are objects included that people who just got the standard edition don't have. Also, if you use the plumbob objects that we got as rewards for owning TS3 and exp. packs, those again could cause it for people that don't have them.

I do have all the little plumbob lights and the digital deluxe items. This is exactly what I was thinking too, but my starter homes have none of these items, and those seem to be hidden for some players as well. So, I don't know what is causing this for some and not others. :'(
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    JBEAR1JBEAR1 Posts: 537 Member
    edited October 2014
    Partially explains why my Lord Of The Rings wasn't seen by anyone in 3 weeks. Will be dusting that off tomorrow. Good job Tiki.

Post edited by JBEAR1 on
  • Options
    Just thinking...this is going to make things interesting once there are expansions, stuff packs, and store content! I hope EA will reconsider having that flag turned on by default as people will start missing a ton of builds. The fact that the stuff you're missing is easily viewable on the Gallery item itself should be enough, I would think.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    They also seem to hide lots from you that you report. Someone yesterday andrezinho123 uploaded a version of my Sinatra 5 hours after I'd finished it. I asked him to take it down then reported it as offensive content, as it offended me after I'd been up 2 nights working on it and he deleted some things took my name off it, and now I'm competing against my own work.
    Anyway, his download count is still going up this morning so it must be on the gallery as his only other upload has remained the same at just 2.
    Very frustrating.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    JBEAR1 wrote: »
    They also seem to hide lots from you that you report. Someone yesterday andrezinho123 uploaded a version of my Sinatra 5 hours after I'd finished it. I asked him to take it down then reported it as offensive content, as it offended me after I'd been up 2 nights working on it and he deleted some things and starts competing against my own work.
    Anyway, his download count is still going up this morning so it must be on the gallery as his only other upload has remained the same at just 2.
    Very frustrating.

Wow, that's horrible! I hate when people reupload.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    JBEAR1 wrote: »
    They also seem to hide lots from you that you report. Someone yesterday andrezinho123 uploaded a version of my Sinatra 5 hours after I'd finished it. I asked him to take it down then reported it as offensive content, as it offended me after I'd been up 2 nights working on it and he deleted some things and starts competing against my own work.
    Very frustrating.

Wow, that's horrible! I hate when people reupload.

I said to him at least wait 7 days. If he wants to ruin a great build and share it why would someone do it at the same time as the initial creator. I really don't mind (to a degree) after the 7 days are up if they think it is better than the original and my name is mentioned as having made it.
    But yeh, now the upload is hidden from me so there is nothing more I can do as his page is comment disabled.
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    You know, there is a way around having to use the gallery. I can send you the information your site, if you want on how to do it. It is a little convulted setting it up at first but it's how I keep all my builds and Sims organized since they didn't name anything.
  • Options
    DippyDesignsDippyDesigns Posts: 1,809 Member
    I am also getting reports of people unable to find my latest build, even when they are following me? I didn't use any plumb bob lights but do have the digital deluxe version so may have used items that others do not have? I re-uploaded the lot with no success so I have no idea why my lot is hidden from so many people. Others have downloaded it but not many and it is a shame to have spent so many hours on a build that people want but cannot get hold of :(
    My Origin ID is DippyDesigns

DIPPY DOODLE on Facebook

644362_1491605541100631_1472781576571833276_n.jpg?oh=c0019c8ce2de98a0158c1aba60509bc8&oe=57C1A708

• Options
    I have been experimenting today and have discovered that there is definitely a flaw in the gallery. My latest lot contained chairs from Digital Deluxe and despite checking the advanced option to include un-owned content, people still could not find my lot.

I re-uploaded it without the chairs and hey presto they can find it. Creators should be aware that their lots may be hidden by the gallery if they contain those chairs and who knows which other objects?!

DIPPY DOODLE on Facebook

644362_1491605541100631_1472781576571833276_n.jpg?oh=c0019c8ce2de98a0158c1aba60509bc8&oe=57C1A708

• Options
    I have been experimenting today and have discovered that there is definitely a flaw in the gallery. My latest lot contained chairs from Digital Deluxe and despite checking the advanced option to include un-owned content, people still could not find my lot.

I re-uploaded it without the chairs and hey presto they can find it. Creators should be aware that their lots may be hidden by the gallery if they contain those chairs and who knows which other objects?!
    Thank you for this info! EA needs to fix this. All lots should automatically be pulled up without having to check anything off to begin with, like the on the exchange.
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    edited October 2014
    I too am having this issue of certain lots not showing in the gallery. Even after showcasing the lot I'm told it doesn't show on my profile, it's frustrating. In the meantime, maybe this issue could be flagged as an announcement of some sort so players are aware when searching the gallery?
    Post edited by Chris2fer03 on
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    Guys, SimguruGrant is asking for gallery feedback in the sims4 general section. Maybe you guys would like to mention the problem you are having?
  • Options
    yanti68 wrote: »
    Guys, SimguruGrant is asking for gallery feedback in the sims4 general section. Maybe you guys would like to mention the problem you are having?

I did post there yesterday Yanti. I am never around for guru chats but hopefully someone can raise this issue during a guru chat as well?

DIPPY DOODLE on Facebook

• Options
    yanti68 wrote: »

I did post there yesterday Yanti. I am never around for guru chats but hopefully someone can raise this issue during a guru chat as well?

I do not know about this chat either! Is it in the gallery? Also, the european time and US time is different and I am sleeping when they are active on the chat! LOL!
  • Options
    I am fast asleep too Yanti, I am in the United Kingdom so I always miss the chats, they seem to have threads in the forums and chat there, I think the guru's do it during their lunch breaks?

DIPPY DOODLE on Facebook

• Options
    I am fast asleep too Yanti, I am in the United Kingdom so I always miss the chats, they seem to have threads in the forums and chat there, I think the guru's do it during their lunch breaks?

You are from U.K.? Cool! I love going on vacation there! Beautiful country! Also I love the English accent, English architecture, gardens and English comedy series on tv! Thanks for letting me know about how the chat thing works. Maybe I will have to stay awake sometimes to see if I can mention these problems in the gallery. :#