Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hidden Trait Pyromaniac

I was wondering if anyone has had any sims with the hidden trait. In the prima guide (I have the one that matches the regular version of the game) on page 65 (for those who have the book. If you have the CE book and it isn't on that page its in the section speaking about traits) it speaks of the hidden trait pyromaniac.

This trait is for children of firefighters and they set objects on fire and get good moodlets for it.

Has anyone done this yet?
tumblr_nboolyIdkK1t7r502o1_250.gif

Comments

• Options
    BrightsideDestinyBrightsideDestiny Posts: 138 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Nope not yet :? but im slowly playing the game and had my first sims 3 baby and it was a girl :)

She can marry a fireman ;)
  • Options
    JoshuaHJJoshuaHJ Posts: 46 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I thought the Pyromaniac trait was just EA lying for sales! I really should've gotten the guide.
  • Options
    MeaslesMeasles Posts: 94 New Member
    edited June 2009
    There's actually a few hidden traits. Aside from pyromaniac there is "burglar" which allows them to sneak, and "can apprehend burglars" allows them to catch thieves, "immune to fire", and "rocker" which im not sure what it does for them.
  • Options
    natrox14natrox14 Posts: 100 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Maybe the 'rocker' trait unlocks rock as your favourite music?? I hope so, who would have latin as their favourite music?
    (sorry if latin actually IS ur fave music, no offence intended) :?
  • Options
    mngrrl26mngrrl26 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My sim married a premade sim (not sure who) but it was her partner at the police station...anyways when I click on him I have option to set something on fire so he may have this hidden trait.
  • Options
    cheshire29cheshire29 Posts: 56 New Member
    edited June 2009
    That's so cool! I made my sim a daredevil and now every couple of hours a wish appears asking to set something on fire...
  • Options
    LawertendLawertend Posts: 5,144 New Member
    edited June 2009
    There is a mod at ModTheSims, that unlocks all the hidden traits. :wink:
    http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=343046
  • Options
    FloyminFloymin Posts: 104 Member
    edited June 2009
    In that mod list, you can get similar traits like "fight burglars" from the Law Enforcement career, "autograph session" from the Theater career (Musician track), and "sneak here" from the Criminal career (Thief track). Has anyone discovered how to get the others without the mod?
  • Options
    SimSassybreeSimSassybree Posts: 473 Member
    edited June 2009
    mngrrl26 is talking about the cop with the last name of Dean in Riverview, He has the option to set something nearby on fire and to transmogrify seeds (it looks like vaporizing the seed smokes then dissapears). His dad is in game, not sure if he would have any kind of notation of having been a firefighter in his job history and moms dead so... Does anyone with the jobs that sims can't get have their old titles listed in job history? I think I need to marry one and see. :D
  • Options
    rpgmom29rpgmom29 Posts: 122 Member
    edited June 2009
    I have a sim that has the trait Pyromaniac, and his child has the same trait. Since my sim didn't even meet the family until the child was just about ready to exit toddlerhood, I didn't have time to give her sufficient care to bring about the choice of her trait.

It doesn't seem that she sets anything on fire though, nor does her father, without me telling her to do so. It's not like they're always burning things down and you're always having to chase them and deny them the pleasure. It's totally optional.

One thing that I don't remember happening in TS1 or TS2 is being set on fire by a stove or something and having to go get in the shower to put yourself out. Either that is new, or I simply never ignited a sim before. Cute.

Anyone else really glad that being next to a fire doesn't make your hygiene plummet instantly anymore?
  • Options
    NovaChewNovaChew Posts: 53 New Member
    edited June 2009
    But is there anywhere I can read HOW to get these traits without using the mod?
  • Options
    chococat9chococat9 Posts: 948 Member
    edited June 2009
    is it guaranteed a child of a fireman will have this trait? i had a child and he is a teen, but doesn't have the option to burn things yet.
    fbb466ed-3c80-4341-94a8-f6b7439fcbce_zps74fe4b3c.jpg
  • Options
    HarleyQuinnHarleyQuinn Posts: 950 New Member
    edited June 2009
    my sim is working on having an affair with a cop (I know, that's awful... but he's a COP for crying out loud.) mabybe next she'll work on fireman. But then that would mean she has to actually have kids and work at home...
    oy vey. Nevermind. lol