Re: No saving on PS4 - Error Code 0

by SimQARobo

Original Post

★ Guide

I became unable to save as well.  PC, varied packs though not Wedding.  Have not done any scenarios, do have Neighborhood Stories enabled.  Saved fine a few times during game play, then Error 0.  Followed the suggestion to read through the Neighborhood Stories until getting the "nothing new" message, was able to save after that.

To whit, this does seem to be more a "Neighborhood Stories" memory issue than a Wedding pack one.

Message 361 of 421 (2,257 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue with Save Error Code 0. So far I am able to save when creating a new save in save a new game. kind of annoying, but at least something is working still.

Message 362 of 421 (2,225 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

THE ISSUE

As of February 25, 2022, if you encounter this error when saving the game…

“The game failed to save. Error Code: 0.”

… here are some workarounds you can try until a fix is available.  For those of you who submitted saves and information to help us troubleshoot, thank you very much!  We no longer need additional save files for this issue for the time being.

PREVENTION

Even if you are not yet seeing the error, we recommend that all players do the following. 

• A: Disable “Join A Career” from your Neighborhood Stories. 
    • In map view, click on “Manage Households” at the upper-right of the screen.
    • At the upper-right of the Manage Households UI, click the “Configure Neighborhood Stories” button.
    • Make sure “Join a Career” is not selected.
    • Do this for both the “Other Households” and “My Households” tab on that screen.
  • B: If you own My Wedding Stories Game Pack, do not set a cake for your wedding event

WORKAROUNDS

If you are getting the error:

• A: Disable “Join A Career” from your Neighborhood Stories. Do this for “Other Households” and “My Households”.
    • Follow the steps from the Prevention section.
    • Click on the mailbox and select “Check Recent Neighborhood Stories”.  
    • Keep selecting that interaction until you receive this notification: "Nothing of note happened recently. Check back tomorrow.”

FOuxoTqUYAIAQsO.png

• B: If you own My Wedding Stories Game Pack, do not set a cake for your wedding event.  
    • If you have active wedding events with wedding cakes, please cancel those events and re-schedule them.

FOu0IeYVQAo6fbe.png

• C: Use “Save As” instead of “Save”

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 363 of 421 (6,111 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Save Code Error: 0

★★★ Newbie

it seems like a lot of us are having this problem, so if you can't save just use the "save as" option and save a completely new game (with all the old features) until this gets fixed.

Message 364 of 421 (2,218 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I do not use mods in my game but in my saves, every time I complete the Fresh Chef Aspiration is when I can no longer save. The first time it happened to me I did not own the Wedding Pack but I was trying out the unlucky chef situation. Once I had hit level 8 in the cooking career which in turn completed the fresh chef aspiration I suddenly couldn't save. The second time it happened I did own the Wedding Pack but wasn't using it. I was playing a story where a famous chef and famous author try to get married.  I once again just got to level 8 in the cooking career and completed the fresh chef aspiration. 

EDIT
I have just confirmed that if I go to a save that doesn't have the level 8 chef career and the completed fresh chef aspiration I can then save like normal. 

Message 365 of 421 (2,159 Views)

Re: Save Code Error: 0 (MAC)

★ Pro
@crinrict, hello. Time to time I read news by clicking to mailbox, but I not sure that read all Neighborhood stories.
Message 366 of 421 (2,140 Views)

Hero
@mikaarmenia Make sure to keep clicking on the stories until it says there's no more happening.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 367 of 421 (2,089 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I just got my first Error:0 code. I've been playing almost daily, have made no changes to my game play other than a few days ago changed up my Neighborhood Stories to unselect "Join A Career" in hopes of avoiding this error (guess not). I do not own MWS.

I'm on a PC, lots of memory, McAfee virus always on. Playing the same save I've been playing for a while, nothing new about this save.  Swell. 

Update: I read upthread about clearing out all the neighborhood stories notifications so I tried that and it worked. I am able to save my game without using "save as". I had around 20 notifications queued up. 

Message 368 of 421 (2,075 Views)

★★★ Novice

Disabling "join a carreer" worked for one of my saves. In the other one I had to check for new neighborhood stories until it said "Nothing of note happened recently. Check back tomorrow.”. After this I could save my other game as well.

Thanks for sharing this with us! Heart

Message 369 of 421 (1,898 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@amysgraham I did the steps in SimsGuruNick's tweet. And it worked.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruNick/status/1507496067163561986
Message 370 of 421 (1,783 Views)