Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All the Genie info you need right here

Genies are magical beings made of fire and desert wind. If your Sim is lucky enough, they might come across a Dusty Old Lamp containing a Genie.

Once summoned from the lamp, a Genie can interact with your Sim just like anyone else in town. But as everyone knows, Genies can grant three powerful wishes. What will your Sim wish for?

But don’t get ahead of yourself. Procuring a Dusty Old Lamp is easier said than done.

Finding a Dusty Old Lamp
Please click to enlarge

The Dusty Old Lamp is home to a powerful Genie capable of granting your Sim three wishes.

Before a Genie can grant any wishes, you must first find a Dusty Old Lamp in which a Genie resides. There are four different ways your Sim can acquire a Dusty Old Lamp:

• Explore the Catacombs: Go to the Mausoleum at Lidview Cemetery and choose the Explore Catacombs interaction. The catacombs beneath Starlight Shores are filled with loot, including rare gems and seeds. If your Sim is very lucky there is a random chance they’ll emerge with a Dusty Old Lamp. But more likely than not, they’ll simply return to the surface with the Horrified moodlet, negatively affecting their mood for eight hours.
• Enter Dimensional Gate: If your Sim has maxed out the Handiness skill, they can upgrade the new PlasmaPunch Gyroscopic Conductor object with a Dimensional Gate. Once properly installed, choose the Enter Dimensional Gate interaction on the PlasmaPunch Gyroscopic Conductor. When your Sim temporarily disappears into the Dimensional Gate there is a random chance they’ll find a Dusty Old Lamp.
• Performance Gift: If your Sim is in one of the new performance careers, there is a random chance they’ll receive a “unique gift” from an anonymous admirer following a gig. If you’re notified of such an event, be sure to check your mailbox when you get back home to add a Dusty Old Lamp to your inventory.
• Lifetime Reward: If all else fails, you can always purchase a Dusty Old Lamp as a Lifetime Reward. But it will cost you…30,000 Lifetime Happiness points! So you better start saving.
Note

The Dusty Old Lamp is small object that can be carried within your Sim’s inventory or placed on any surface within your household. When outside your Sim’s inventory, the lamp cannot be stolen or destroyed by fire.

You Ain’t Never Had a Friend…
Please click to enlarge

Yes, Genies like karaoke. Summon your Genie, form a group, and head out on the town for a night of fun!

Once you’ve acquired a Dusty Old Lamp, you can summon the Genie and begin making wishes. To summon the Genie for the first time, use the Clean Lamp interaction on the Dusty Old Lamp.

This causes the Genie to materialize directly in front of you, sporting deep blue skin and some stylish threads. You can interact with Genies the same way you interact with other Sims, engaging them in normal conversation or even forming a group.

Consider taking your Genie out for a night on the town—is there any better way to party? Having summoned the Genie, you can also choose two unique social interactions: Return Genie to Lamp and Make a Wish.

Use the Return Genie to Lamp interaction anytime you want the Genie out of your way. A Genie automatically returns to the lamp if they are ignored for a short time.

You can make the Genie reappear by choosing the Summon Genie interaction on the Dusty Old Lamp. Once the Genie is out of the lamp, use the Make a Wish interaction when you’re ready to make your first wish.

THREE WISHES

You can make only one wish per day. That gives you time to make a good decision.

The Genie grants only three wishes, so take some time to think things over. You can choose from 10 possible wishes, each has a unique effect.

Genie wishes function much like Lifetime Rewards but cost no Lifetime Happiness points. After a wish is made you must wait 24 hours before you can make another wish—hey, even Genies need time to rest.

After granting your final wish, the Genie disappears along with the Dusty Old Lamp. Before you make your first wish, study the different options in the following table to determine the best choice for your Sim.

Wishes that award permanent, positive moodlets (like Happiness and World Peace) are always good choices.

GENIE WISHES
Wish
Description
Beauty

Permanently increases chance of success for all Romantic social interactions. Cannot be wished for twice.

Happiness

Gain the Eternal Joy moodlet (+25) permanently. Cannot be wished for twice.

Fortune

Add §100,000 to Household Funds.

Free the Genie

Set the Genie free and allow them to become a member of the household. Must complete Free the Genie opportunities.

Large Family

Gain the Feeling Fertile moodlet until the next Try for Baby interaction. Results in triplets when Try for Baby interaction is chosen.

Long Life

Extend your lifespan by 30 days. Cannot be wished for twice.

Love

Make any Sim fall in love with you. Gain the Enchanted Love moodlet (+10) for 24 hours.

More Wishes

Wish for another wish. Rare chance of getting two extra wishes.

Resurrect Sim

Resurrect a dead Sim from lot to become a member of the household.

World Misery

Must have Evil trait. Gain the Miserable moodlet (+25) permanently. Cannot be wished for twice.

World Peace

Available to Sims without Evil trait. Gain the Peaceful moodlet (+25) permanently. Cannot be wished for twice.

Tip

Always try the More Wishes option—you have nothing to lose. Worse case scenario, you’ll trade one wish for another. But there is a small (random) chance you can coax one extra wish from the Genie.

2.3 Genies
Freeing the Genie

Only you have the power to set the Genie free! Complete three opportunities to gain a new (and blue) best friend!

While the Genie has nearly endless magical power, it is forever bound to the Dusty Old Lamp. However, if you’re generous enough to sacrifice one of your wishes, you can set the Genie free!

If you choose the Free the Genie wish, make it your final wish. Once the Genie is free, no more wishes can be granted.

However, you must become good friends with the Genie before this option is even available. So spend some quality time with your Genie in an effort to create a close friendship.

Consider forming a group and going out to dinner or a night of karaoke. Once your relationship with the Genie has improved, the Free the Genie wish becomes available.

Upon choosing Free the Genie, you’re prompted to complete a series of three specific opportunities in an effort to break the Genie’s bond with the Dusty Old Lamp.

Here’s a quick rundown of exactly what you must do to set the Genie free:

1. Freeze the Lamp: Interact with a refrigerator and choose the Freeze the Lamp interaction.

2. Heat the Lamp: Interact with an oven and choose the Heat the Lamp interaction.

3. Explore Catacombs: Interact with the Mausoleum at Lidview Cemetery and choose the Take the Lamp Underground interaction.

Upon completion of the three objectives, the Dusty Old Lamp is destroyed and the Genie is set free, instantly becoming a member of your household (as long as your household isn’t already full).

Life Outside the Lamp
Please click to enlarge

You can then use an Ensorcelled Sim to do menial tasks like clean your house. But the effect lasts only four hours.

When a freed Genie becomes a member of your household, they become a playable character and function just like any other Sim, with the same needs—yes, Genies have to go to the bathroom too.

The addition to your household may mean adding an extra bed (or bedroom) so your Genie has a place to sleep. But Genies aren’t dead weight. They can become a valuable, income-earning member of the household.

Like any Sim, Genies can learn new skills, socialize, and get a job. Unlike Sims, freed Genies possess powerful magic they can harness to make life a little easier.

During social or self interactions, click on the Genie option to bring up all possible magical interactions.

• Banish Sim: Targeted Sim is magically teleported to a random spot in town.
• Ensorcel Sim: Targeted Sim becomes part of household for four hours; has no autonomy.
• Release Sim: Targeted Sim is no longer Ensorcelled.
• Magically Clean Sim: Targeted Sim gains Magically Spotlessly Clean moodlet (+20) for 21 minutes (+20 mood) and Squeaky Clean moodlet (+10) for 7 hours.
• Make House Spotless and Sparkly: Magically (and instantly) cleans the entire house and objects like sink, shower, toilet.
• Summon Food: Instantly create high quality food from a vast menu.
Genie Facts

Genies:

Levitate instead of run. Genies travel faster than running Sims.

Are immune to fire and will not panic around blazes like Sims.

Have a longer lifespan as an adult.

Can become ghosts but maintain the same Genie abilities and behaviors in the afterlife.

Cannot become a Mummy or a Vampire.

Can mate with Sims. The offspring have a 50/50 chance of being Genie or Sim.

Comments

• amorvidaamorvida Posts: 498 Member
    edited March 2012
    Bump
  • clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited March 2012
    Got pictures? Anyway, bookmarked!
  • SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    edited March 2012
    thanks!
    edited March 2012
    I will try my best to get pics. Just picked up my copy today but can't play till sunday
  • clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited March 2012
    It's okay, I'll wait...
    edited March 2012
    Bump
  • LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for posting this! Very helpful :) I can't wait to get my first genie in my household :3
  • Cherry967Cherry967 Posts: 15
    edited March 2012
    Thank you!
    edited March 2012
    Me too. I got my game 2 days ago and finally get to play it today. Yay
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited March 2012
    clubers wrote:
    Got pictures? Anyway, bookmarked!

I've got a few pics -- I imported an existing family into Starlight Shores (I'd developed them pretty much for Showtime), and one of them had enough points for the Lamp.

First meeting with the Genie:

6821864996_aa1919104e_z.jpg

The Genie obviously doesn't have cable in his lamp so wants to catch up on his favorite shows:

6821865074_b8bd253227_z.jpg

Sim wishes for fortune:

6967987659_89e12e1f07_z.jpg

And it's granted!

6821865324_1965c7a021_z.jpg

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • MizznuggMizznugg Posts: 145
    edited March 2012
    anything about having babys with the geane?
  • misssallyann2000misssallyann2000 Posts: 19
    edited September 2012
    Awesome info...i got a lamp and had no clue wht would happen 2 my sims if i wished 4 tht stuff!!!! :roll:
  • misssallyann2000misssallyann2000 Posts: 19
    edited September 2012
    (i believe)u can have a genie kid if parents are both genies...i only think tht because its like tht 4 the other supernaturals :!:
  • SimiLovaSimiLova Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited September 2012
    Sweet. Totally appreciate you writing up this thread. I was really curious how stuff with the genie would go down. Now I know. :)
  • m4t5uk0m4t5uk0 Posts: 8
    edited October 2012
    I've been trying to find out why taking the lamp underground isn't working for me. I have the opportunity already, but I can't seem to get it to complete. Is that something you may know about, or should I search elsewhere?
  • VIVKRNVIVKRN Posts: 182 Member
    edited October 2012
    (i believe)u can have a genie kid if parents are both genies...i only think tht because its like tht 4 the other supernaturals :!:

My genie and human spouse produced a genie
  • maxcenmaxcen Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    you guys are happy with this? I'm kinda dissapointed i thought the genis would do more stuff. They kinda seem like the faires they can't do alot. I WISH EA would let us add some 2sence on their next game. :evil: :(:cry::cry::cry:

p.s. IM NOT SCREAMING JUST TRING TO MAKE A POINT

p.p.s. Do the genis have to be blue could you make a brown or light genie on supernatural
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited December 2012
    Personally, I'd rather just Make a Genie in CAS, so I can have a NON-Blue Genie, no wishes, but no blue. More then happy to trade up wishes for a NORMAL skin color for my Genie, myself.

Learned the hard way though... If you want a Genie to REMAIN a non-blue color, DON'T 'simport' that Genie...

EDIT 1#
    @ maxcen
    Lol answered your question in my comment.
    BUT mind you, they are like the Vampire in the effect that the skin color is altered to a slightly altered version of the color you'll see in CAS.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited December 2012
    One of my favorite created sim Genies. =D
    Don't need wishes from a genie-- just a lack of the color 'Blue'.
    Well, I like the color but NEVER on skin lol.

Genie1.jpg
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • thefragile7393thefragile7393 Posts: 22
    edited January 2013
    WEll I am trying to free the genie....I am supposed to put the lamp in the fridge but when I click on the fridge I don't have an option to put it in. I tried opening it and putting it in...nada. Tried without the genie in the lamp...nada. I can't get it in. Help?
  • SimplyLSimplyL Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    If I got the Large Family one would it go onto the whole family? :?
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2013
    Genies are my favourite Sims. Started with a son of my heir and a genie. He was lightblue, which I hoped he would be because it made him special. He had three kids with a normal Sim, two boys and a girl, all genies, all normal skins. I chose the girl to go on with, and she had two kids with a witch: both genies.

They are so easy to play with. They clean the house in one second, they clean themselves and others in one second, the can make all the food there is in one second (and it's perfect) and you can play other Sims in town with them for four hours.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CoAvsFan2005CoAvsFan2005 Posts: 20
    edited March 2013
    My first genie child that the family I was playing; up until University Life was released (I deleted the family and started a different game); one or two days ago, when he became a child, I noticed he could transmogrify plants in his inventory, and I didn't have a sim or have one try for baby with a fireman. I thought that was pretty cool that he had the hidden trait pyromaniac without needing a fireman in the family to pass on the trait. I had read that genies had the immune to fire trait, but I didn't see anything on them having the pyromaniac trait. :)

I think it's pretty neat and amusing to have a child that can conjure perfect group meals.

My favorite occults so far are genies, aliens, and witches.