The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Latest patch problem

hi I was wondering if anyone else had this problem since downloading latest patch , ever since I downloaded the patch when my sim marries they usually take on the name of the sim who asks for private wedding or whichever sim clicks on wedding arch first this no longer happens as my male sim chose to have private wedding with his girl sim and her name did not change also another of my sims got married and her husband did not move in with her like it usually does this has only hapened since new patch , regards kazz :):)

Comments

• Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    edited November 2012
    That happened with my sim too, last night.
    My sim got married and her new husband did not show up in the family and went to his own home at the end of the evening.
    I thought it was my rubbish computer but I am pleased I am not the only one that this has happened to.
  • Options
    LiodannaLiodanna Posts: 10 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I had that as well, the bride instigated the wedding in a private ceremony, they got married but his name didn't change and neither did hers and he didn't move in. I used Twallan's Master Controller to add him to the active household and change his name but it did show up that they were married on the Relationship panel.
  • Options
    HeadfuzzHeadfuzz Posts: 336 Member
    edited November 2012
    I found this to happen too! When I tried to marry a Sim from France, we went through the ceremony but then she went to her home and I just thought it would add her to my household when I returned home, but nope! Our relationship even went from married to just best friends. Had to invite her over, use testingcheatsenabled to add her to my family and then marry her again! Such a drag, hope EA fixes soon! :?
  • Options
    karen65pkaren65p Posts: 24 Member
    edited November 2012
    well at least im not only one who has this happen and its obviously a bug , I just hope EA fixes it for us :):)
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    edited November 2012
    This is a known bug that Crincrit addresses in the Season's Bug Thread:

Wedding Issues

There's no need to report this anymore unless you have a non-mod solution. This is a patch only issue that will auto-correct once you install Seasons.

The bug has to do with the new Wedding Anniversary not being properly gated for the patch.
    --> This bug was confirmed to me by Graham on Twitter. We can expect a fix in a future update

Symptoms

- If Sims are getting married, the move-in window does not show up
    - Sims that get married don't take each others name
    - Resetting after exchanging vows/kissing

Solutions

- Move them in via the option in the friendly option
    - Use testingcheatsenabled true - Add to household (on the lot)
    - Manually change the name of the Sim on the City Hall
    - Use Twallan's Mover Mod.

• Options
    karen65pkaren65p Posts: 24 Member
    edited November 2012
    thankyou wrenry for that and glad to hear it will be fixed once seasons is installed :):) happy simming all