Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can a sim be both a fairy and witch?

I was wondering if I start a sim out as a fairy can she also learn to be a witch so I have a fairy witch? Or the other way around start out as a witch in create a sim and during game play also become a fairy?

I thought it would be fun to have a sim that is both fairy and witch at the same time so she has skills from both.

Thanks.

Comments

• Bunny_of_Death66Bunny_of_Death66 Posts: 107 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Pretty sure EA said no to hybrids so I think it has to be one or the other :( But you could make a witch and then give that up to become a fairy or vice versa
  • scrapper42scrapper42 Posts: 1,881 Member
    edited September 2012
    So if I start out as a fairy there is a way to be human then turn into a witch? Or just go from being a fairy then somehow turn into a witch? I ordered the prima guide but that order was sent out late so I won't get it for a few days. I am hoping the guide book will have a lot of information.
  • JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited September 2012
    No, but you could make a fairy and have them learn the alchemy skill, which would allow them to cast spells like a witch. :)
    edited September 2012
    Justkeepsimming - I really like your screen name :) Thank you for the information too. I will make a fairy and have her learn alchemy. If I understand correctly though the fairy would be able to cast spells but not do other witch things like ride boom stick, use a wand or whatever else a witch can do? I guess I will also find this kind of thing out as I play so I think I will just go back to Moonlight Falls and play some more :)
  • crimrosecrimrose Posts: 401 New Member
    edited September 2012
    If you learn Alchemy, you can brew Elixirs. It's not quite like magic, though. Each one has a particular benefit (or negative consequence, depending), and you can use them on yourself or others.

But you can't cast spells unless you are a witch, because I tried with my fairy. The wand doesn't work unless you're a witch. However, after you learn Alchemy, there are elixirs that can turn you into a Witch, and also one that can make you Normal. The Normal one is called, I think, Potent Cure (there's another called "Cure", which cures you from temporary zombification :D). The Witch one is called Potent Bewitchment or something like that -- sorry, my memory's gone short just now! If I remember I'll post it.

Point is, you can use the elixirs to become any Supernatural you want (and you can also turn back to normal at any time). There are no hybrids, sadly. But you can switch to whatever you want. Also, Fairies are magical too, and they can also do magic -- just not the same as Witches. The Fairies have pretty cool magic of their own. ;)

EDIT: Anyone can use broomsticks or learn Alchemy, not just witches. Only Witches can use the wands, though. Hope this helps!
    edited September 2012
    crimrose that helped me lots! I was trying to decide what to start my sim out as and I think for now I will go with a fairy. I was going to just start with Maldano household (may have spelled the name wrong) but it is the one with the girl that is probably created with "true blood" in mind but I didn't like some of her traits and since she didn't really have much in the way of skills I figured I might as well just start a new sim.
  • unccmaleunccmale Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I had a witch breed with a fairy and I got a fairy/witch. The child, now a teen, can conjure apples and fly like a fairy. I wonder if both powers will grow as he gets older.
  • cyberlucy1965cyberlucy1965 Posts: 397 Member
    edited October 2012
    unccmale wrote:
    I had a witch breed with a fairy and I got a fairy/witch. The child, now a teen, can conjure apples and fly like a fairy. I wonder if both powers will grow as he gets older.

That's quite a glitch. I wish that had happened with mine.

It's possible for a fairy to become a witch by either buying at the elixir shop or making yourself with the alchemy and using the elixir Bottled Blessing of the Fae on yourself or having it thrown at you. It changes anyone in any other life state to that life state. I've used on Witches, Werewolves, Humans, and Vampires.
  • FadiAssi0FadiAssi0 Posts: 263 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Yes you can. Just create your Sim as a fairy first, then take her/him to CAS and change the supernatural type to Witch. They will keep their fairy powers and have witch powers as well! :D They will level up both the fairy magic + spellcasting skills too :D Their wings are there to stay by the way ;)
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited October 2012
    FadiAssi0 wrote:
    Yes you can. Just create your Sim as a fairy first, then take her/him to CAS and change the supernatural type to Witch. They will keep their fairy powers and have witch powers as well! :D They will level up both the fairy magic + spellcasting skills too :D Their wings are there to stay by the way ;)

I am going to have to try that. I have a sim who has been going back and fourth with potions. So far she has maxed her skills as a fairy, and is about half way with her witch powers.
  • xicediamondxxicediamondx Posts: 8 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I had the same question too but I cant plan an outfit because it says I'm transformed is there any way I can ??? :?:
  • ShintogaShintoga Posts: 7
    edited November 2012
    I read somewhere that you can change between the supernatural types (with the relevant potions) and keep the skill levels that you earned up to when you changed. So in theory, you could train fully as a witch then change into something else, change back and still have the magic abilities you had before.
  • secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited November 2012
    scrapper42 wrote:
    Justkeepsimming - I really like your screen name :) Thank you for the information too. I will make a fairy and have her learn alchemy. If I understand correctly though the fairy would be able to cast spells but not do other witch things like ride boom stick, use a wand or whatever else a witch can do? I guess I will also find this kind of thing out as I play so I think I will just go back to Moonlight Falls and play some more :)

anyone can ride broom sticks just buy one and a stand, my werewolf has on and my human child, they can allso do the stunts.
  • Zandyr_KayneZandyr_Kayne Posts: 199 New Member
    edited November 2012
    You can always take up alchemy or buy Bottled Blessing of the Fay and Witch's Brew. You're magic that you've learned as a witch will not reset between swapping to a fairy. Though you do start at level one fairy after your 1st change and work it up, too. You will keep your level of apptitude with spells between swaps. You just can't use witch's spells as a fairy and visa versa. You'll need Lv10 alchemy, Fairy Damsel Fish, Toadstool and Sunstone for BBotF and Lv9 alchemy, Light Bettle, Toad and Moonstone for the Witch's Brew. Alchemy skill is one of the fairly easy to raise skills. The potion consignment store sells them for around 2,000 simoleons. Fishing skill comes in handy. You need level 8 I think to catch Fairy Damsel Fish. The rest will occasionally appear in your yard with the alchemy spawners. You can also convert items into the fish sometimes. You'll even be able to make other potions for the other supernaturals. Even a Mummy, Simbot and Genie if you have the right expansions. World Adventures, Ambitions & Showtime. The only hybrid life states are ghost and zombie I think.
  • moodchangermoodchanger Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I think you can have a sim that's both fairy and witch cause I got my sims to be both without the alchemy skill or the bottled blessing of the fae or bottled witches' brew. All I did was go to CAS with my fairy and switched it to witch and turned my sim into a fairy witch.
  • MohrebMohreb Posts: 7
    edited November 2013
    what happens if your which (if you start with one) learns to cast whitout wand, then turns to fairy? does it change the fact (or will she/he keep at least the life time reward ?) of no casting ?
  • Ambie13579Ambie13579 Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    I had a fairy and genie that had a baby and the baby was blue like a genie and had wings? Is this a glitch? :?
  • RedDestiny9RedDestiny9 Posts: 202 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I know the Nrass hybrid mod will give you what you want but I know not everyone uses mods.
  • StephieHerbertStephieHerbert Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I have a fairy witch hybrid. I was making a fairy in CAS originally but then I decided I wanted to use custom wings and an invisible jet pack but I still wanted her to be magical so I ended up changing her to witch. She ended up having all the abilities of a fairy and a witch.

stephieherbert1113678.png