Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way...

Is there a way to send someone a sim or house I made if they don't have a sims3.com account? A good friend of mine bought a used copy of the game from a friend of his who didn't want it any more... and he can't register for sims3.com because the serial number has already been used. I want to share some of my content with him, so I'm wondering if there's a way to do this without the website, and by just emailing him some files or something.

I hope you guys can help me out!

Comments

• outpost_roadoutpost_road Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2009
    MattHazen wrote:
    Is there a way to sent someone a sim or house I made if they don't have a sims3.com account? A good friend of mine bought a used copy of the game from a friend of his who didn't want it any more... and he can't register for sims3.com because the serial number has already been used. I want to share some of my content with him, so I'm wondering if there's a way to do this without the website, and by just emailing him some files or something.

I hope you guys can help me out!

Yes, you can email him.
  • MattHazenMattHazen Posts: 9 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Exactly what file do I email him though? And how does he install the content I send him?
  • suicidespatsuicidespat Posts: 1,864 New Member
    edited August 2009
    the package file for the content...and use the helper monkey maybe?
  • TynkTynk Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited August 2009
    Click on the "share" button just like you were going to upload it to the exchange.

Once its in the launcher, select it, then click on the button that says "show file".

Those are the files you will need to send.

Now... your friend, they will need the launcher as well.

When your friend receives the files, they need to put the file in "my documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads"

Once they are in that folder, open the launcher and install like normal.
  • MattHazenMattHazen Posts: 9 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Sweet! Thank you so much! :)