Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We might not get a world with this

Since the livechat tomorrow features both supernatural and seasons, I don't think they would show off two neighbourhoods in one live chat, so there mighht be a chance there is no world with this EP

Comments

• mylee407mylee407 Posts: 864 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Since the livechat tomorrow features both supernatural and seasons, I don't think they would show off two neighbourhoods in one live chat, so there mighht be a chance there is no world with this EP

When did they say it was going to be on both...?
  • FrusturatedUserFrusturatedUser Posts: 484 Member
    edited August 2012
    What about tomorrow's chat is so special that a town can't be announced after it?

@mylee I never heard that they did...
  • KarrterrKarrterr Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited August 2012
    I thought the same thing when I saw the announcement today and watched the videos in the annoucement.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2012
    Well, that's possible. But they might do two neighborhoods in one chat. You never know. They could just briefly show some of the new features of Seasons without showing off the actual neighborhood. I think there's still a chance that we might get a new neighborhood. I'm not going to rule out anything yet until they say something official. :wink:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited August 2012
    To be honest, I'm secretly hoping for a secret sub-neighborhood (even though I know it's probabl not going to happen). According to sources, you can use the UFO to do various things including traveling amongst the stars. Wouldn't it be cool if the moon was a secret sub-neighborhood?
    edited August 2012
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:
    Well, that's possible. But they might do two neighborhoods in one chat. You never know. They could just briefly show some of the new features of Seasons without showing off the actual neighborhood. I think there's still a chance that we might get a new neighborhood. I'm not going to rule out anything yet.

They did that with Pets when in fact we did get a new neighborhood with Pets. :wink:
  • bananaholicbananaholic Posts: 4,314 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Embrace the Supernatural live...and Fun with Every Season

Join us for our second Live Broadcast for The Sims 3 Supernatural on Friday, August 3 at 10:00 a.m. PST. for an update on the latest news, game features and the chance to ask your questions live. Senior Game Designer Aaron Conners and Assistant Producer Megan Myers will take us through the newest game demo, deep dive on fairies and zombies. AND we will be revealing a first look at The Sims 3 Seasons with Assistant Producers Graham Nardone and Mike Zamora.
  • AdiCohenAdiCohen Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm afraid it might happen, let's hope it won't happen and we'll get a new town, I'm sick of Starlight Shores.
  • Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited August 2012
    Well, I love getting a new world, but if the price we have to pay to get two EPs within two months, and both of them full to the brim with content that everyone has been begging for since the initial game, I think I'm okay with that. :D
  • ameracis578ameracis578 Posts: 1,067 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Who said they wouldn't have another broadcast after this?
    And if they don't have another town then i don't care. I'M JUST HAPPY THEY'RE GIVING US SEASONS!
  • joshirejoshire Posts: 645 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Sorry, but don't they usually preview the new town in the launch trailer?
  • sidisidi Posts: 184 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Would anyone be that disappointed if there wasn't?

I wouldn't. It's already a very substantial EP when you think about everything that's being added. From the sound of things there's only the one new lot: the festival lot.
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited August 2012
    Give the World team a break!! First they had to make Lucky Palms. Then they had to make Moonlight falls!! And now you expect them to have a world in time for this demo!!??!! Creating a world is a difficult process and it takes a while. I'm glad it's not ready yet, because then they will spend extra time getting it to look perfect.

But there still is a chance that there will not be a world, you're right.
    edited August 2012
    Idk, but since they are taking in questions tomorrow, we can simply ask them and find out :)
    edited August 2012
    niac1234 wrote:
    Give the World team a break!! First they had to make Lucky Palms. Then they had to make Moonlight falls!! And now you expect them to have a world in time for this demo!!??!! Creating a world is a difficult process and it takes a while. I'm glad it's not ready yet, because then they will spend extra time getting it to look perfect.

But there still is a chance that there will not be a world, you're right.

I am in no way, shape or form demanding a world, I was just making a prediction. They have been great with the worlds and are working hard
  • breville69breville69 Posts: 1,397 New Member
    edited August 2012
    That would be sad ! I think Moonlight Fall will still go good with Seasons !! :mrgreen:
    edited August 2012
    joshire wrote:
    Sorry, but don't they usually preview the new town in the launch trailer?

Not in the Ambitions and Pets trailer (ironically both took place in Riverview), so Seasons can do it to.
    edited August 2012
    breville69 wrote:
    That would be sad ! I think Moonlight Fall will still go good with Seasons !! :mrgreen:

The thing about Seasons is that ANY world would be suitable for this EP. I can't imagine a new world representing the features any better than the worlds we already have. We might have to add a lot or 2 but that's fine.
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited August 2012
    I would be disappointed if we didn't get a new world. I LOVE new worlds to explore.

I'm trying to think of which expansions didn't come with a world. Generations is the only one I can think of.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited August 2012
    World or no world, I'd still get it XD. Just to see the worlds I have now, covered in snowflakes, or autumn leaves, and spring flowers, and then actual summertime (not the boring defult weather we have now :roll: ) would be enough for me. It would kinda be like Generations, Even though there wasn't a town for it, it's still my (now 2nd) all-time favorite Sim EP. I wouldn't mind seeing a world though, but I could possibly understand why they possibly didn't add one.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
    edited August 2012
    Hidden springs in snow *_*
  • Seer144Seer144 Posts: 816 Member
    edited August 2012
    If there's not a world to go with this, I'd prefer to think on the positive side. Maybe there's so much content in this EP that the developers forgot(you never know; we're not making the games)/didn't have time for a world/decided that a world wouldn't fit.
  • chutton88chutton88 Posts: 67 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I don't think there will be a new world with it either. The trailer took place in Sunset Valley, and usually when there are new worlds in EPs they show them off in the trailer. There is also going to be a TON of new gameplay, so if they didn't even have a world for Generations I highly doubt they'd make one for Seasons.
    edited August 2012

FINALLY! It always bugged me how they called it a "Ski resort - IN THE SUMMER!"
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited August 2012

:shock: whooa! I can totally see that XD!
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams