Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Project: Central Park *New Thread/Contest Reopening*

48ef5b6cf9be12c70749e63d50148c71.jpg
Okay, so before I start I want to apologize for everything that happened to this originally. I am insanely sorry for not reopening it sooner, for not being active on it, and everything else. I hope you can forgive me and that we can put all of that behind us!
Old Thread here.
---
Hi there! I'm Gloria Parker, from the Sunset valley Recreation Team. And I need your help. We have.. sort of a problem. And by sort of, I mean definitely. Central park is just too out of date! It is unsafe, not fun, and just looks drab. As you would guess, this isn't very good for the population. Plus, the mayor is getting tired of staring at it all day! I would call our professional construction team, but they are currently vacationing in Champs Les Sims...and what rotten timing. So that's why we need you to help in the re-construction of the ever famous, Central Park!
4a9d837f7fdbed6155a665fd70c00f20.jpg
Sunset Valley does have a few expectations and rules. Please follow them!
-You can start from scratch if you wish. But please keep the lot 64x64!!
-All SC and SP and EP and PROMO items are okay. But no CC!
-Please include at least three images along with your entry. Limit is ten but you can link to additional media if you wish!!
-No quoting images, as this might cause thread breakage!!
-You may enter up to three parks, however only one of them can win!
-Have fun!!!
-Lastly, Please follow all of the...
a163dcfd649d28ca044f794a4e554b20.jpg
There are some objects that are required for your build. Please include no fewer than the minimum, but more is okay!
-2 Swingsets
-1 playground tower/jungle gym
-3 grills
-5 benches
-5 picnic tables
-1 The Stately Statue
-2 slides
-5 outdoor lights
-3 chess tables
-landscaping and flowers.
-1 flag
-1 town clock
The following require additional expansion packs and are only required if applicable.
-2 hopscotch
-1 seesaw
-1 sandbox
-2 spring riders
-1 subway
-1 horse hitching post
6afd8afedd73891e1ff1acc849b2ee65.jpg
Username:
EP/SP used:
Description of build:
Pics (limit 3-10)
Additional Media Links:
Download Link (Exchange only!!)
I will be allowing two weeks for new entries. July 14th will be the deadline. Anyone and everyone is welcome to join.
Prizes will be siggies for first, second, and third. First place will also receive a complete studio rec and a 20 point item of their choosing.

Comments

• ashleyadorableashleyadorable Posts: 7,254 Member
    edited June 2012
    be542e8a0eeea4ec1dca2cc470ebbb6e.jpg
    301001: Entry/Download
    CTGjgs985
    smashbridges20: Entry/Download
    niac1234
    vgmusicbookworm
    SimiHendrixEXP: Entry/Download
    UnrecognizedUser: Entry/Download
    LaughingJacks: Entry/Download
    edited June 2012
    730faf1b74a98fcb94aacb0077d3df12.jpg
    edited June 2012
    Nudge! I'm going to try and contact all the entrants. IF you see anyone who has already entered around, please help by directing them here!
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hmmmm... My computer doesn't work for the Sims, but I want to get a new one. I don't know if I will be able to before the 14th though, so we'll see.
  • 301001301001 Posts: 2,297 Member
    edited July 2012
    Seen this..how many entries are we allowed? :D
    edited July 2012
    @niac1234 Unfortunately extending the deadline wouldn't be good, as this contest has been extended enough. Hopefully you can get something in by then!
    @301001 You can enter a total of 3 parks!
    edited July 2012
    Nudge! I won't be able to post anything her from the 9-12. Just a heads up!
  • JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited July 2012
    Giving this a bump since it has ended according to the extended date.
  • blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited July 2012
    This drug on for nearly 7 months?! :shock:
    YShQCz1.png
    edited July 2012
    I only just realized this contest is from 2011. Why would you extend it by so long when the prizes were rec's and 20 pt item? :? Now 2 of the entries aren't even on the Exchange anymore so I can't even rec them.
  • smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited July 2012
    I don't know what's going on with this contest, or why she didn't just close it before and give banners or whatever to whomever entered.
    I gave up the day I brought it up in the unfinished contests thread and a friend made me a banner anyway I use elsewhere.

once again, here is someone who I will never trust for anything and certainly won't be entering another contest for. Ever.
    this is worse than the newbies we've been getting on for abandoning contests.
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2012
    I don't know what's going on with this contest, or why she didn't just close it before and give banners or whatever to whomever entered.
    I gave up the day I brought it up in the unfinished contests thread and a friend made me a banner anyway I use elsewhere.

once again, here is someone who I will never trust for anything and certainly won't be entering another contest for. Ever.
    this is worse than the newbies we've been getting on for abandoning contests.

agree it is worse
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited July 2012
    I hate to be offensive and somewhat rude with this post, however I'm kind of ticked off right now. Apologies in advanced.

So if it is so pointless to extend this...why did you all ask me too? I thought you were the ones that wanted this contest extended? So I did!

Actually I've been losing internet off and on lately which I know is a lousy excuse however I can't do much about it. I've also been trying to judge as I've been looking at all the entries when I can.

I know I should of ended this right the first time but if you all cared this much about the future of this contest then honestly it wouldn't have gone inactive so many times. And why is this your business anyways? None of you except smash were original entrants anyways.

Smash doesn't even want a prize anyways.

By the way, the winners were already announced yesterday night. Let me get the link.
    edited July 2012
    well I never found extending it the right solution...

and for my interes, I don't like to see unfinished contestes... that makes it harder for us all to run a contest, it put a bad tast in my mouth. Not to mention your hurting people I know by putting of the decision.

7 monthes for a contest is very long! and as I remember what people adviced you to do was wrap it up = find winners award them and close it, not reopen it.

For me going about the buisness like this is a lack of respect for your contestants and the comunity.

That is why I care, becouse I care about the comunity.

Edit: winner anounced!... why not in this thread? and yester day night, is still way over do of time, and after the posts was made
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited July 2012
    It was only extnded that long because no one decided to care up until now. I would have happily continued it closer to when the due date had originally been, but because of lack of interest I had thought everyone had forgotten about it. Now I see otherwise and I am sorry about that but how was I supposed to know? Honestly nobody cared anything about this contest until they found a way to put me down. Whenever the contest was back on track nobody cared...explains the emptiness of the thread. But the moment it clsoes I'm the guilty one...am I supposed to care about an inactive contest?

Winners
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/563555.page#9054119
    edited July 2012
    as a host you supose to keep it active... and honor your promises.
    edited July 2012
    makeing a new thread with the contest... then a new thread with the winner only ad to the confusion!
    edited July 2012
    ....what was my promise? :hunf:

I apologize for confusing you then :?
    edited July 2012
    when you hold a contest your promis is your deadline, and to keep the contest alive, not to abondon it and leave your constans guessing where you are. That is what happend on your first thread.

I wasn't confused - I was polite!

there is NO way your constances would know they won if you post the winners in a new thread as you did. Doing that is respectless... as they will look in the constence thread for news... if no news they must asume that you left them again!
    edited July 2012
    Maybe I wouldn't leave them if they actually cared about the contest. Which they didn't! Otherwise I wouldn't have wanted to disappear in the first place! Again, I don't know what it is with everyone...they only care about putting me down. Whenever I leave the thread because nobody cares,everyone "suddenly" cares again!

You know what? Don't tell me how to run a contest.
    edited July 2012
    Well if you in no way want help, and explanations fine... just know that people did care from the start, but your contest your responsebility.

I'm not going into this no more, but neither would I recomend people to take part in a contest by you, just as smash wroth. After this, and thats not the last weeks trying to get it up agine, it is the leaveing it alone for all that time! Many will sadly not trust. I'm not going to talk about you if that what you think, I have more important thing to do.

I will continiu to care about the comunity.
    edited July 2012
    why did you all ask me too? I thought you were the ones that wanted this contest extended? So I did!

I'm pretty sure noone asked you to extend it by 7 months. I'm not going to speak about it being extended the first few times because I was not familiar with the contest back then, but the first time you were personally brought up in the Unfinished Contest thread (5th June), noone asked you to extend, you extended it yourself by a month and a half almost. You could have always just drawn the winners/gifted/closed it there and then.
    if you all cared this much about the future of this contest then honestly it wouldn't have gone inactive so many times.

So you're blaming other people for your contest not getting many entries? Last time I checked it's your responsibility because it's your contest. I'm a little speechless.
    And why is this your business anyways? None of you except smash were original entrants anyways.

You know perfectly why. You've seen the Unfinished Contests thread so you know we clean up after lousy contest hosts or people with real life issues.
    Smash doesn't even want a prize anyways.

Smash obviously wanted it finished, otherwise she would have never brought it up in the thread.
    It was only extnded that long because no one decided to care up until now.

But if you felt for so long that your contest isn't going anywhere, why did you not just finish it a month or 2 after it went quiet?
    I would have happily continued it closer to when the due date had originally been, but because of lack of interest I had thought everyone had forgotten about it. Now I see otherwise and I am sorry about that but how was I supposed to know?

Eeh you're the contest host? Bookmark it? Check it once a day/week/month? :?
    Honestly nobody cared anything about this contest until they found a way to put me down.

No offense but you must be quite clueless if you think we all enjoy chasing after people begging them to close their contests. You extended it 'til July 14th, noone has so much as peeped at you about it in that month and a half at all. Then the due date came and went, again, and we had to track you down to get YOU to close YOUR contest. I'm sure you can understand why some people are irritated.
    Whenever the contest was back on track nobody cared...explains the emptiness of the thread. But the moment it clsoes I'm the guilty one...am I supposed to care about an inactive contest?

Duh, yeah. It's your contest, ofcourse you have to care about it. If you don't care, don't start one. Unfortunately, you are the guilty one. It was your responsibility to keep a close tab on the contest and what was going on with it. There's no need for this passive aggressive victimization. You were in the wrong, but I'm glad the contest is finally closed.
    edited July 2012
    Maybe I wouldn't leave them if they actually cared about the contest. Which they didn't! Otherwise I wouldn't have wanted to disappear in the first place! Again, I don't know what it is with everyone...they only care about putting me down. Whenever I leave the thread because nobody cares,everyone "suddenly" cares again!

You know what? Don't tell me how to run a contest.

5 people cared about the contest enough to enter. You owed those 5 people to resolve your contest. Stop blaming other people for your mess. :? What do you mean you "left the thread"? You extended it yourself and let us all know when you posted the new link in Unf Contest thread. If you're going to say you will finish it, then we expect you to finish it. Are you seriously saying that THAT is equivalent of "putting you down"? That's common sense if you ask me.
  • blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited July 2012
    I appreciate you coming and closing this Ashley, but you were unnecessarily rude to Anette in my opinion. Joolster is right and I'm getting tired of repeating myself. People should not attempt to host contests if they have no intentions of following through. It's not fair to the folks that entered and did the work. It also looks bad and causes somewhat of a ripple effect. Potential contest participants see this type of thing and become reluctant to enter contests here. As a matter of fact, that's already happening to some extent. :?
    YShQCz1.png
  • smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited July 2012
    I'm just about beyond words right now, and would like to just go ahead and quote the others who have already posted. Especially Joolster who made several very clear and concise points.

I would like to add however, that in the Original failed attempt at a contest, I and a few others tried to keep the contest thread alive when you had abandoned it. well before the end date. you said you didn't know if people still cared about it and were shocked to still see people posting. Why did you try to run a contest you clearly never cared about in the first place? You posted it in the Creative Corner, you didn't try very hard to keep it alive and you abandoned it twice with only excuses to show for it.

I cared because I wanted it to be resolved, not because I wanted prizes. I don't do things for the prizes. I entered the contest because I thought it would be fun. Building the park was an interesting experience as I don't usually build that large. As for the rest of it, I could have lived without the contest ever being opened and having my friends being treated so shoddily by you time and again - especially here and now.