Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Gift To Those Who Own Lunar Lakes...

Hi everyone...
Although I personally don't own Lunar Lakes, I've enjoyed looking at all the wonderful pictures of those who do and was inspired to make something for it. Since the neither Salon/Tattoo Parlor from either "Ambitions" or "Pets" would look good in Lunar Lakes, I decided to remodel the one from the sim bin that came with "Pets" because I thought the floorplan/design would work well with the spacey theme.

I used those free space-themed items that came with the latest patch and I think it turned out quite nicely. Of course you'll probably want to tweak it a bit when you get it (i.e. delete the base game park bench I used and use the Lunar Lakes one instead and the same thing with maybe the wall lights). I didn't use any terrain paint other than the crystal paver one that came with the patch so hopefully the space terrain will replace the Riverview grass that showing in my pictures. :-)

I tried to replicate what I've seen in the all Lunar Lake screenshots I've seen so that it blends in with the town/world. Here's some pictures of it...

First here's the outside front.
LLSalon_001.png

And here's the outside back, I put big trees and fountains to help it blend in and not be so plain.
LLSalon_005.png

I put it on a 20x30 lot, I sure hope there's an empty one in Lunar Lakes to use, that's the size of lot I tend to use most often.

Downstairs of the Salon side.
LLSalon_004.png

Upstairs of the Salon side.
LLSalon_007.png

Downstairs of the Tattoo Parlor side.
LLSalon_002.png

Upstairs of the Tattoo Parlor side.
LLSalon_003.png

And on the roof, I put that solar panel floor tile like I saw on the roofs of EA built Lunar Lakes buildings so it would blend in some more.
LLSalon_006.png

You can download it in my studio here:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5198254
I use things from the following EPs and SPs...
Base Game, High End Loft, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Town Life, and Master Suites.

Forgot to add this originally...
No CC used, Not even Store Items, only items from Base, EPs, and SPs.

I hope you all like it, I think I'll make a Lunar Lakes Consignment Shop next if you all like this one. :)

Comments

• imogerimoger Posts: 5,783 Member
    edited February 2012
    WOW, it looks gorgeous! :)
    I think everybody's looking for commercial EP-lots for the new words, thanks for sharing!
    Left you a well deserved rec.
  • bmunn88bmunn88 Posts: 425 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Hey, I suggest sharing this here also
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/502312.page

It's my lunar lakes thread to share lots

Good job
  • zekrayatzekrayat Posts: 1,855 Member
    edited February 2012
    Good idea! There's no amibitions lots in LL, and I'd imagine a lot of people - like me - are too busy exploring to make them right now. I've downloaded and rec'ed it, and I'm going to go place it now. I'll show you some photos when I do!
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited February 2012
    Thank you, imoger...
    It did turn out to look much nicer than what I had originally thought in my head. I just hope that those grassy areas turn out look right when someone actually puts it in Lunar Lakes.

Thanks, bmunn88...
    I posted a copy of my post in your thread too, I hope it plays well in Lunar Lakes for everyone.

Thank you, Kirkuk...
    Great please do and if there's anything that I need to tweak/change let me know about that too and I'll gladly fix them. If I have time later this week I'll start the Lunar Lakes Consignment Shop too.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited February 2012
    Amazing as always Jase :mrgreen::wink:
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

edited February 2012

Thanks, Marcel...
    I'm glad you like it too, I was a bit afraid that not having Lunar Lakes or any of the Futureshock Sets would hinder it's looks but I was definitely wrong.

There's a lot of stuff in High End Stuff and Late Night that when recolored, looks pretty spacey and I think helps look very Lunar Lakes-ish to me. :)
  • MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited February 2012
    Definately would love to see what other of the replacement lots you come up with as well, especially a pet shop one lol
  • imogerimoger Posts: 5,783 Member
    edited February 2012
    Jase wrote:
    Thank you, imoger...
    It did turn out to look much nicer than what I had originally thought in my head. I just hope that those grassy areas turn out look right when someone actually puts it in Lunar Lakes.
    I'm sure that the plain-left terrain will have the Lunar Lakes terrain-paint. Once I had a similar trouble with one of my lots, I built it in Riverview, and when I placed it in Hidden Springs, it turned a bit strange with the Hidden Springs' terrain.
    Your creations looks very pretty, I recommended everything in your studio.
  • Rui1Rui1 Posts: 119
    edited February 2012
    no cc, right?
    edited February 2012
    Msrednotdead...
    I've got a Pet Shop in mind too, I do plan eventually getting Lunar Lakes when I can afford it and want all these lots in it when I do get it too.

I plan on making spacey-themed versions of the consignment shop, fire station, junkyard, pet shop, and at least one club/bar (not sure on type yet though).

Thanks, imoger...
    I was hoping that's how it would turn how, I guess we'll find out after Kirkuk posts her pictures and feedback. :) Thanks for all the rec's too. :)

Rui...
    Yep, no CC (I don't use CC except for mods that fix issues with the game and a couple of face-body default skin replacements). I edited the original post to mention that there's no CC used since I forgot to mention that. Oh and I didn't use any Store Items either, just stuff from EPs and SPs.
  • zekrayatzekrayat Posts: 1,855 Member
    edited February 2012
    Right, here it is on a spare 30x30 in the centre of town. There's plenty of space to place a 20x30, but I thought it worked nicely on this road with the house next to it.

cBRmk.jpg

pZSey.jpg
    edited February 2012

Thanks so much, Kirkuk...
    Wow, it looks so awesome in Lunar Lakes! Thanks so much for taking the time to share pictures of it with me(us). :)
  • Rui1Rui1 Posts: 119
    edited February 2012
    Cool! I'll download them for sure then :D
  • roundheadedroundheaded Posts: 873 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Amazing, rec'in :)
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited February 2012
    Very nicely done!.Rec'd it!.
    edited February 2012
    Great, Rui1...
    I hope you enjoy using it in your game as much as I enjoyed building and sharing it.

Thanks, Roundheaded...
    I've actually never posted a lot that I've created before and just uploaded it to my studio in the past.

Thanks again for all the rec's everyone. As I get more Lunar Lakes themed lots done I'll probably just keep adding them to this thread.

Thank you, Nh6650...
    Thank you so much for the rec, I really appreciate it so much!
    edited February 2012
    Have bookmarked this thread looking forward to your other lots
    edited February 2012
    I'm glad to hear that Msrednotdead...
    Hope that my next creations can stand up to this to the quality of this one as now I have an audience. LOL

Great news and I'm a bit in shock right now, I was gifted Lunar Lakes by the awesomely generous Blacksheba1973. I'm in so much shock that I might I have to check to see if I've pee'd myself. :)

Thank you so much everyone for the kinds words and rec's and an especially big thank you to Blacksheba1973. I was not expecting this and have been using the Swagbucks website watching videos for the last few days trying to earn an EA Card to get Lunar Lakes with.

Expect to see a special Lunar Lakes Lot dedicated to you soon! :)
    edited February 2012
    Congratulations on getting LL Blacksheba is such a generous gifter. Now you have to do all the lots lol
  • blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited February 2012
    Thanks for sharing what you do with us Jase. :D **Hugs**
    YShQCz1.png
  • Jule888P7Jule888P7 Posts: 1,121 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Wow ! Amazingly Beautiful :thumbup:

Thank you for sharing :D:D

• ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited February 2012
    You did an awesome job on this lot, Jase, especially knowing what you are lacking in store content. I tried to gift you Lunar Lakes as soon as I saw your lot but of course, the lovely friend and my dear friend, Blacksheba, had already beat me to it. LOL. :D

I will be watching to see what else you come up with, along with the others, and for now, I have rec'ed your entire studio. Thanks so much for sharing your lots and Sims. This will be a great lot to play in and there should be no routing troubles. :thumbup:
    edited February 2012
    Msrednotdead...
    That's right and now they can have the extra spacey lights, windows, and doors too. :)

Thanks again, Blacksheba1973...
    I'm still in shock and I've decided that when I get to the dance club/bar that will be dedicated to you and I'll make it extra special.

Jule888P7...
    Thanks so much and I hope you like it too!

Reachsims...
    Thank you so much for the thought and thank you again for all the rec's in my studio. Wow, today has turned out to be an awesome Sunday... thanks again, everyone!!! :mrgreen:
  • becciburtbecciburt Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited February 2012
    Bookmarked!
  • MissElphebaMissElpheba Posts: 3,810 Member
    edited February 2012
    That's an amaziong lot!! And I'm so pleased you were gifted LL - it looks like you deserve it! :D