Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fashion Salon Building Contest - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

FASHION SALON BUILDING CONTEST

Hey! Well, I am sorry if there is a competition like this already running, but I checked a few pages and I don't see it.

Not to be mistaken, this is a salon where you dress up people, the lot you get with Ambitions and where stylists work.

So here are the rules:

1. The salon must be CC free (Store an Dr. Pepper are okay).
2. You must list which city the salon is for.
3. Don't download a salon from the exchange and enter it. You must build it!
4. You have to upload at least 2 pictures of exterior and 3 pictures of interior.
5. All EPs and SPs are allowed, but Ambitions is needed, because fashion salons were introduced in Ambitions.

JUDGING:

Following the rules - 10 points
Exterior & Landscaping - 40 points
Interior - 40 points
Wow Factor - 10 points

TOTAL : 100 points

JUDGES:

bananaholic
Rawr2019
SmilzPretty

Prize bucket:
I will donate 1500 sim points.

Thank you gr1zzly for contributing 750 points!
Thank you Cat0Eye for contributing 500 points!
Thank you markydee for sponsoring 500 points!

1st place: 1500 simpoints + Full Studio Rec or 70 rec's (the smallest one)
2nd place: 750 simpoints + Half Studio Rec or 35 rec's (the smallest one)
3rd place: 500 simpoints + 1/4 Studio Rec or 20 rec's (the smallest one)
4th place: 300 simpoints + 10 Rec's
5th Place: 200 simpoints + 5 rec's.

People who have entered:

Docusat
leep45508
walkingstick
Beevor
ShTiger01
okester
luckyheather
stevesuzz
Mozzer
MissKate8
farrahjude
Daiyu
TrevorAtTiffanys
imoger
bbandu

The deadline is April 8th! 10 AM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME, 6 PM UK TIME

Example of an entry form:

ALL OF THESE INFORMATION IS RANDOM, you choose the name, the town, the size, the theme, I was just making an example!
Sims 3 username: Bananaholic
Name of the salon: Wendy's cut n' go
Town: Twinbrook
Lots size: 40x25 (the lot size can be as big as you want to)
Theme: Old Victorian
Pictures:*posts pictures below*

And a big thanks to anettesb for helping me out with the rules and description. You rock!

Comments

• bananaholicbananaholic Posts: 4,314 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Questions:

Can I use my own patterns?
    Please try not to, there are lots of styles and patterens that are included with the EPs and the base game.

Is there a specific lot size?
    No, it;s your own choice!

If we win, can we give the prize to someone else?
    Yup, if you win you choose who the prize goes to.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited April 2012
    Winners:

1st place - imoger
    2nd place - walkingstick
    3rd place- stevesuzz
    4th place - luckyheather
    5th place - Docusat
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited February 2012
    do to time... mostlikely not takeing part...

but got some questions for you:

- what about patterns? are they ok... if to they neef to be your own, need to be made with cap...?
    - is it only bars in LN type? or will people with out that EP beable to join?
    - How does the curent prizing work...?
    is it 1 winner 200 sp (isn't importen to me, as I play for fun, but for some it is)
    - what about offering recs as part of the price aswell?
    - deadline march 5, when? and do remember time zone, best is to give it in gmt and atleast 1 US timezone. world clock, to transform time: http://sydaby.eget.net/swe/tzones.htm
    - is it ok to use a highriseshell?

you might want to edit out sponsors are wanted from the tittle, makes it look not open....people will read that you welcome sponsors and might sponsor.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited February 2012
    anettesb wrote:

- what about patterns? are they ok... if to they neef to be your own, need to be made with cap...?
    is it 1 winner 200 sp (isn't importen to me, as I play for fun, but for some it is)
    - deadline march 5, when? and do remember time zone, best is to give it in gmt and atleast 1 US timezone. world clock, to transform time: http://sydaby.eget.net/swe/tzones.htm

you might want to edit out sponsors are wanted from the tittle, makes it look not open....people will read that you welcome sponsors and might sponsor.

Thanks for all of the advices, it's my first contest :oops:
    I'm gonna edit it.
  • RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    edited February 2012
    I'll enter :) Sounds fun :)
    I'm GMT timezone but I should have it in before the 5th anyways cos I'll be free next week! :)
    edited February 2012
    I'm GMT timezone but I should have it in before the 5th anyways cos I'll be free next week! :)

Okay, but do you know that this is an Ambitions salon, not the bar?
    edited February 2012
    anettesb wrote:

Thanks for all of the advices, it's my first contest :oops:
    I'm gonna edit it.

your welcome...
    in this link there is a link with advises...
    Mimi's help thread http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/432059.page

just incase..

and I might snatch a bar or 2....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited February 2012

Then you need to make that more clear I was thinking LN aswell.... put in fashion before salon then....
    edited February 2012
    anettesb wrote:

Then you need to make that more clear I was thinking LN aswell.... put in fashion before salon then....

Thank you :)
    edited February 2012
    aditional pattern question

can I use other people patterns?

do you need link to the original pattern?

(and just for you)
    you are award that there is problems downloading things with patterns? the patterns might not transfere... it's a newish bug (6 month old) so maybe it is best to say no patterns or you have to redo... or ask for the links so it is easy to re ad the patterns.

What about makeing an entry form?

Idea:

Username:
    Salons name:
    made for town:
    lot size:
    (posibly adress):
    Theme:
    Did you use patterns by you or others:
    Pictures:
    edited February 2012
    Deadline is 6 pm gmt then... for all us in Europe you might like to ad that in you op...

edit: sorry got math confuzeled
    edited February 2012
    If my multi lot for Hidden Springs get finsihed before deadline I might enter it... if that is ok!

it is both gym, salon, the rabbithole, pool, sim-fu and tatoo palor.... on a 60x60

BUT don't put me down as entering... it will just stress me...
  • typicalgeminitypicalgemini Posts: 11,295 Member
    edited February 2012
    I am interested! I have a week off school next week from the 10th and I think I go back on the 20th, so I will have time then!

I was going to makeover some of the ambitions lots anyway, because I am making them fit into the Hidden Springs theme more! So I may as well start with the salon for this contest =) It will be in similar stye to a gym I recently built.

Just one question...do you have a specific lot size in mind? or want it in a certain range (Like from 30x20 - 40x40 for example) Or can it be any size that we would like? :D

EDIT : If we win can we give the prize to a friend or someone else? :D
    edited February 2012
    I am interested! I have a week off school next week from the 10th and I think I go back on the 20th, so I will have time then!

I was going to makeover some of the ambitions lots anyway, because I am making them fit into the Hidden Springs theme more! So I may as well start with the salon for this contest =) It will be in similar stye to a gym I recently built.

Just one question...do you have a specific lot size in mind? or want it in a certain range (Like from 30x20 - 40x40 for example) Or can it be any size that we would like? :D

The lot size can be as big as you want!
    edited February 2012

Okay, thank you!

One more question, if we win can we give our prize away to a friend or someone else? :D
    edited February 2012

Okay, thank you!

One more question, if we win can we give our prize away to a friend or someone else? :D

Yeah, I update the Questions post. The prize goes to the person you choose.
    edited February 2012

Okay, thank you!

Yeah, I update the Questions post. The prize goes to the person you choose.

Okay thank you again! Can't wait to get started! :D
    edited February 2012
    Sorry if I was all over...

I do hope it helped...
    still wondering if my multie lot would be ok...
    edited February 2012
    anettesb wrote:

I do hope it helped...

If you decide to enter, only the salon part will be judged.
    edited February 2012
    anettesb wrote:

I do hope it helped...

thats ok...
    thoug it is 1 build... but hey you can just judge the floor with the salon....

and it would be a chance to show of my build... if finiched...
    edited February 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    anettesb wrote:

I do hope it helped...

thats ok...

If it's one building then exterior will be fully judged, but for interior only the fashion salon part. :)
    edited February 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    anettesb wrote:

I do hope it helped...

thats ok...

If it's one building then exterior will be fully judged, but for interior only the fashion salon part. :)

ok ...

now lets see if it gets finished... it is big... but main walls are in place.... + pool... and parking lots... and stairs....

oh inviting you to join this fun bunch..
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/24165/470328.page
  • RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    edited February 2012

I though beauty salon before I though bar actually :)
    Gettin idea's now, looking forward to starting it :)
  • gr1zzlygr1zzly Posts: 7,566 Member
    edited February 2012
    I will sponsor 750 points.
    Split them up however you want.
    edited February 2012
    gr1zzly wrote:
    I will sponsor 750 points.
    Split them up however you want.

Thank you, thank you very much! :)