Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Exchange Download Help

My game is updated to the latest patch but when I go to download something from The Exchange it says

"Update Your Game
Oops! It looks like the item you are trying to download requires an update to your game. Your current game version number is located in the bottom-left corner of your launcher. To update your game, click the “Game Updates” button of your launcher and follow the instructions."

What is going on?

Comments

• countrykris1playcountrykris1play Posts: 155 Member
    edited January 2012
    Bump
  • Carline101Carline101 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Well, there could be many things. It happened with me at one point, but long ago.

If it says update, go to and check if there's something else to update by going to "Game Updates" in your launcher.

If there's nothing further to update then maybe you should restart your computer.

I wish I could remember what happened, how it got fix and everything. I hope I can be good enough help.
    edited January 2012
    I have done all of that my game is up to date. Base game patch 1.29.55.014001
    edited January 2012
    Bump!
  • NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited January 2012
    Hi,

You can still download Exchange content via your web browser by using the “Save File” link in the item's detailed description page. When the file is downloaded, place it in the following location:

Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads

When that is done, run the launcher and go to the Downloads tab. Now install the Exchange item as you normally would.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!