Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Showtime Developer Chat!

January 19th on EA's Stream Channel at 1PM Eastern time! http://simsvip.com/?p=5132

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    edited January 2012
    Cool that's the same day the voodoo doll comes out in the store. Thanks for the info I hope they show off Starlight Shores.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited January 2012
    Five simoleans says they won't emphasize any of the the sociak features, though.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited January 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    Five simoleans says they won't emphasize any of the the sociak features, though.

I'm betting that as well Jarsie. Just like they are downplaying the social aspects in all of the "leaked" videos.
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • PaisleyPinkPaisleyPink Posts: 421 Member
    edited January 2012
    I really need a lot of questions answered about these social features. They have some explainin' to do.
  • WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited January 2012
    I'm actually sure they'll talk a lot about the social features. They'll want to further explain them so people's questions are answered in hopes they'll stop complaining about things they have no information of to complain about.

I for one think the social features sounds great and I can't wait for them. My roommates and I all play Sims 3, so it'll be fun playing with them.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• betty_me13betty_me13 Posts: 3,285 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I've been waiting for this! Thank you for letting us know!
  • Zppy972Zppy972 Posts: 568 Member
    edited January 2012
    Wonderful thank for the information.
  • prestonmeeksprestonmeeks Posts: 586 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Bafendo wrote:
    January 19th on EA's Stream Channel at 1PM Eastern time! http://simsvip.com/?p=5132

Mersims or aliens or what ever. hope they will tell us on the 19th what it is!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    edited January 2012
    It's only 1 hour long. Though I do want to see the online part discussed I hope they won't take so long with it they leave out details about the new creature,careers,world and new woohoo spots.
  • christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited January 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:

if they dont even elaborate on what exactly social features is and the simport it will be the stupidest thing ever. so many of us are dissappointed b.c of these things so these should be the things they imporve or talk about to convince us otherwise.

edit: typos
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited January 2012
    Or Maybe EA is trying to make a point by showcasing more of the game content rather than social features (aka: representing that social features are insignificant and nothing to worry about and not the main part of the EP).

That is speculation though since many players are just ranting because the word "social features" is slabbed on the cover box... that's all. :lol::lol::lol:
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited January 2012
    awesome im saving the date now if i can actually remember to get on so i can ask questions lol.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2012
    Wait~ :? EA has a Stream Channel? And... is that the link? :shock:
  • Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited January 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:

Yep. http://www.livestream.com/electronicarts

They have quite of few of the chats for the old EPs and SPs up...I kinda want to watch them, just to get more of a feel for how they present the game vs what the game actually plays like. The only one I've seen so far is Pets.
    34336_s.gif
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:

Yep. http://www.livestream.com/electronicarts

They have quite of few of the chats for the old EPs and SPs up...I kinda want to watch them, just to get more of a feel for how they present the game vs what the game actually plays like. The only one I've seen so far is Pets.

Thanks. :)
    And I only saw some for the Stuff packs. Maybe I'll look again later~but probably not. :lol:
    edited January 2012
    Wilderwolf wrote:
    I'm actually sure they'll talk a lot about the social features. They'll want to further explain them so people's questions are answered in hopes they'll stop complaining about things they have no information of to complain about.

I for one think the social features sounds great and I can't wait for them. My roommates and I all play Sims 3, so it'll be fun playing with them.

I'm actually sure they won't, because they'll be in the middle of the beta testing, so I'm sure they're going to want to get through that first, before addressing the social networking aspects of the game, and for that matter, they could have addressed those issues already by being straightforward and honest about the way Simport is supposed to work; the fact that they haven't leads me to believe that our speculations are right on the money.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited January 2012
    AznSensei wrote:
    Or Maybe EA is trying to make a point by showcasing more of the game content rather than social features (aka: representing that social features are insignificant and nothing to worry about and not the main part of the EP).

That is speculation though since many players are just ranting because the word "social features" is slabbed on the cover box... that's all. :lol::lol::lol:

Or maybe the know they have a lot of angry fans and marketing has told them mentioning the social features is taboo.
  • wizplacewizplace Posts: 1,820 Member
    edited January 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    they show off every feature as possible
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited January 2012
    wizplace wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:

I sincerely doubt they'd be stupid enough to show off something as controversial as this... Even if they do, they'll 'downplay' the negatives.
    raw
    edited January 2012
    Evil_One wrote:
    wizplace wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:

I sincerely doubt they'd be stupid enough to show off something as controversial as this... Even if they do, they'll 'downplay' the negatives.

well i see your side.
    but them not showing anything on the socials could also be a bad move.

i mean i want to see what its all about to see if i can tolerate it
    i think if they want to convince people that the socials arent gonna change or destroy peoples gameplay then they need to show whats its all about
    edited January 2012
    Evil_One wrote:
    wizplace wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:

well i see your side.

i think if they want to convince people that the socials arent gonna change or destroy peoples gameplay then they need to show whats its all about

I remember previous walkthroughs they've done with previous expansions and how fans were disappointed because they showed mostly things that the fans already knew about and revealed very little new gameplay; in fact, in cases where they allowed for the fans to ask questions, they only answered the silliest and most harmless ones, even though there were some serious questions asked by the players. And I remember the players being disappointed, too.

So, if past history is anything to go by, I don't expect to learn much more than just what the new town looks like and a few more interactions regarding the 3 careers.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
    edited January 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    Evil_One wrote:
    wizplace wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:

well i see your side.

I remember previous walkthroughs they've done with previous expansions and how fans were disappointed because they showed mostly things that the fans already knew about and revealed very little new gameplay; in fact, in cases where they allowed for the fans to ask questions, they only answered the silliest and most harmless ones, even though there were some serious questions asked by the players. And I remember the players being disappointed, too.

So, if past history is anything to go by, I don't expect to learn much more than just what the new town looks like and a few more interactions regarding the 3 careers.

yeah i too remember these things but this is time is different since they've never had a simport or social feature
    i really hope they talk about it.
    i'm sure people will ask questions about it but the real question is will the EA chumps look past it and just answer questions pertaining to the ep itself
  • Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited January 2012
    I absolutely agree with Jarsie. They are not going to say much if anything at all about the social aspects. Contrary to the belief of a FEW here, there are too many Simmers who do not want this in their game, and are going to try asking the hard questions that will be filtered out so we can have more hearts and flowers versions of what the game really is. Try checking out the video with the developers of Pets and you will see the difference in their version and the way the EP really is.
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited January 2012
    Faith12368 wrote:
    Try checking out the video with the developers of Pets and you will see the difference in their version and the way the EP really is.

What do you mean?
    34336_s.gif
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited January 2012
    I'm with Jarsie, Anavastia and Faith. They have always filtered the questions. Skeptical questions are taboo but "Graham I think I love you" is welcome. :roll:
    According to these "chats" everything is just sooooo beautiful.012.gif
    This space is for rent.