The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIFTEES ARE OVERCOMING THE GIFTERS D:

Comments

• JediArielJediAriel Posts: 4,870 Member
    edited January 2012
    Hi everybody. I can't stay. I just came on to look at my birthday thread. I feel awfull and now am incredibly upset about immskayleah. Thank you to MissE for taking a shot at me. That's the only smile I've had all day!

*Squishy Hugs* to all
  • Kayla_ElaineKayla_Elaine Posts: 2,240 Member
    edited January 2012
    Oh, Blue, did I read that right? You won the Short Story Contest?

Congrats!
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited January 2012
    Bluewind wrote:
    Oh btw, I have been talking to thesimling and giving him advice on forum etiquette and I think that it's sinking in. It not telling everyone to gift him, just give him a chance to make amends for how he was acting. What can I say? Newbies make mistakes ;)

I didn't see a thing... or did I? I forgot...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • BluewindBluewind Posts: 4,709 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I swear between black Friday, Christmas, and New Year's you guys have nearly destroyed my wishlist! I am down to 8 items and 2 sets :lol:

Speaking of items, is everyone looking forward to the voodoo doll? I can't wait to see it! I wonder what all it will do???
    edited January 2012
    LOL, you're welcome guys. I felt like doing a drive by (not a huge one, as I'm getting low on points).

Off for an early night - I was up until 3am this morning :shock: :shock: and it's caught up with me.

Some while back I posted an idea for an elements contest and some of you said it was a good idea. Question (I'll come back and read from here in the morning)... Given that part of the point of my contest will be to give those who can't build but love to decorate (like me) a chance to do something different, do you think I (or a much better builder) should build a basic shell with a floor plan for them to download, so everyone is decorating the same shell, or should I let people have a free reign (the idea is to decorate a bathroom, bedroom kitchen and dining room). If you think a shell would be better, would anyone mind making me one (no landscaping or decorating needed, just rooms), as I suck at building!

Night night all. Look after each other tonight -- it's been a wierd day.
    as a fellow non-builder I love the idea of part of the contest being decorating. I do think it would be best for judging if it was the same shell that people decorated
  • SimsManiac2k9SimsManiac2k9 Posts: 11,322 Member
    edited January 2012

MissE! Thank you for the new shoes!
    edited January 2012

Congrats!

You did and thanks! I got so much good feedback on it. Did you get to read it? Here is the link if you haven't :mrgreen:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/150/469052.page#7340990
  • beetlejuiceloverbeetlejuicelover Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2012
    LOL, you're welcome guys. I felt like doing a drive by (not a huge one, as I'm getting low on points).

Off for an early night - I was up until 3am this morning :shock: :shock: and it's caught up with me.

Some while back I posted an idea for an elements contest and some of you said it was a good idea. Question (I'll come back and read from here in the morning)... Given that part of the point of my contest will be to give those who can't build but love to decorate (like me) a chance to do something different, do you think I (or a much better builder) should build a basic shell with a floor plan for them to download, so everyone is decorating the same shell, or should I let people have a free reign (the idea is to decorate a bathroom, bedroom kitchen and dining room). If you think a shell would be better, would anyone mind making me one (no landscaping or decorating needed, just rooms), as I suck at building!

good_night-8361_33819030_122603483.gif

I like the idea of them using a shell. I can't build worth a hoot or I'd offer to build you one.
  • tuketeletuketele Posts: 1,762 New Member
    edited January 2012

good_night-8361_33819030_122603483.gif

I'm not a good builder, so I would love to have a shell to decorate :) that's just my 2 cents!
  • tuketeletuketele Posts: 1,762 New Member
    edited January 2012
    oh yes! Congrats on your win blue!
    edited January 2012
    Bluewind wrote:

Congrats!

You did and thanks! I got so much good feedback on it. Did you get to read it? Here is the link if you haven't :mrgreen:
    I did and I loved it. Do you plan on writing more?

• smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited January 2012
    Congrats on the win Blue!

And MissE! Thanks for the gift! and I agree. a shell would be great for decorating purposes. are you looking for a small house or an actual apartment like in Late Night?

*squishes Mermy*

Tuke, where is your house? I want to see!! *jumps up and down*
  • deathxisxlovedeathxisxlove Posts: 3,687 Member
    edited January 2012
    :shock: :shock: :shock:
    surprisedCat.jpg

Who let Blythelyre near my wishlist? It's...gone. *whispers of revenge*

Thank you so, so much Blythelyre! *tackle hugs*
    188290_cat_hug_5.jpg

Must go see who your accomplices were...
    BD94Z0t.png
    edited January 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    Bluewind wrote:
    Oh btw, I have been talking to thesimling and giving him advice on forum etiquette and I think that it's sinking in. It not telling everyone to gift him, just give him a chance to make amends for how he was acting. What can I say? Newbies make mistakes ;)

He got a little... beggy during the big sale and then got rude when people called him on it (I was the first one to say something and I suggested that he needed a mentor to learn the nuances of the forums) He went back and read the thread and realized that he was in the wrong and apologized on the thread and sent a FR to everyone to personally apologize to each one, but most of his FR were denied. I only accepted the second time around when I saw his apology to someone else. He apologized and we have been talking in his comments. He never asked me to mentor, but I stepped up and started acting like one and he has enjoyed it because no one has ever explained anything to him.

We also talked about football which had him confused because Americans call football soccer and our football is like their rugby. He was confused as to why Americans used their hands in football which was illegal in his football. I had a hoot trying to explain it :lol:
  • simfreak103simfreak103 Posts: 4,735 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Fun to lurk :D
  • deathxisxlovedeathxisxlove Posts: 3,687 Member
    edited January 2012
    Where is death?

Here is how I rearranged the house thus far:
    and remember, this is the general layout. obviously all of the furniture and other things are not in place.
    Screenshot-41.jpg

That looks great Smash! I had given in and was working on a 2 story, because I didn't think a 1 story was going to look very good. That looks amazing though! *hugs*
    BD94Z0t.png
    edited January 2012
    Hey death! I went to tell you that I rec, favorited and downloaded the family with Apple and realized you weren't on my friend list
    edited January 2012
    Bluewind wrote:

Congrats!

I'm thinking of writing more when I get some free time to take some pics. As far as Casey and Thomas goes, I think I am done with them. I have a story for their dad, Thomas sr. that I haven't wrote up yet.
  • BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    edited January 2012
    :shock: :shock: :shock:
    surprisedCat.jpg

Who let Blythelyre near my wishlist? It's...gone. *whispers of revenge*

Thank you so, so much Blythelyre! *tackle hugs*
    188290_cat_hug_5.jpg

Must go see who your accomplices were...

:lol: ...Oh My! LOLOLOL
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited January 2012
    Bluewind wrote:
    anettesb wrote:
    Bluewind wrote:

He got a little... beggy during the big sale and then got rude when people called him on it (I was the first one to say something and I suggested that he needed a mentor to learn the nuances of the forums) He went back and read the thread and realized that he was in the wrong and apologized on the thread and sent a FR to everyone to personally apologize to each one, but most of his FR were denied. I only accepted the second time around when I saw his apology to someone else. He apologized and we have been talking in his comments. He never asked me to mentor, but I stepped up and started acting like one and he has enjoyed it because no one has ever explained anything to him.

We also talked about football which had him confused because Americans call football soccer and our football is like their rugby. He was confused as to why Americans used their hands in football which was illegal in his football. I had a hoot trying to explain it :lol:

Thats great that you helped him... reason I don't know be I wasn't around then...

I love when ever simmers helps each other....

oh and congrats on winning....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited January 2012
    he also was incredibly offensive to cherryberrybloo and many others when he said that EA was racist because a discount code worked in a way that he didn't want it to. calendar25 took off 25 currency, not 25% and that meant he couldn't get free things, and it meant that it worked different in every country as currencies are very different in most countries. Ms Bloo said that there were bigger things to worry about in life than a discount code, and he said he was going to be a troll and follow her around everywhere.
    he has yet to apologize for that anywhere that I have seen.
    edited January 2012
    Fun to lurk :D

*Tackles*

Thank you for she comments on my story! I'm glad you liked it :mrgreen:
  • mrsmilesalotmrsmilesalot Posts: 3,108 Member
    edited January 2012
    he also was incredibly offensive to cherryberrybloo and many others when he said that EA was racist because a discount code worked in a way that he didn't want it to. calendar25 took off 25 currency, not 25% and that meant he couldn't get free things, and it meant that it worked different in every country as currencies are very different in most countries. Ms Bloo said that there were bigger things to worry about in life than a discount code, and he said he was going to be a troll and follow her around everywhere.
    he has yet to apologize for that anywhere that I have seen.
    yep!
    edited January 2012
    death!! *tackles*

glad you like the look of it!

do you want me to upload the shell as it were, or keep going and decorate, etc?
    I am having a hard time distinguishing between all this store content, but I think I'm doing ok so far...
    edited January 2012
    Bluewind wrote:
    Bluewind wrote:

Congrats!

I'm thinking of writing more when I get some free time to take some pics. As far as Casey and Thomas goes, I think I am done with them. I have a story for their dad, Thomas sr. that I haven't wrote up yet.
    Well I will definently read it :)