May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims won't stay mounted on horses. *solution found*

No matter which horse lot I switch to with different families, none of them will stay mounted on a horse now. They used to do that and could ride the horse. Now they get on top of the horse and immediately reset themselves to standing beside the horse.

Any ideas?

EDIT: cleoandcoco24 found a solution and it worked for me, too. I hope this helps anyone else having the same problem.
I did find a fix for this, actually. It started happening mid-way through a saved game, and I thought I'd have to start all over again. However, it seems to be a bug on the lot, so if you go into Edit Town, Evict them from the lot, and put them back on to the lot again, it fixed it. I hope this works for you!

Comments

• Options
    sereia8sereia8 Posts: 2,333 New Member
    edited October 2011
    :?
  • Options
    CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Hmm, have any mods that might effect animals?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Only Twallan's MC and OW... the updated versions.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I just tried the game removing one of each of the two mods above separately and that didn't change anything. And now suddenly I can't switch households anymore either. WHY is this game getting glitchier by the minute?
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited October 2011
    What is your Sim's riding skill level? Did you buy the Riding skill book from the bookstore and have your Sim read it?
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I'd try putting in Twallan's ErrorTrap to see if it can clean up your problems.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I just put in ErrorTrap. I can switch households now so that is good but none of my sims can mount their horses still. Or they can but like I said, they immediately reset themselves. It doesn't have to do with riding skills because they don't naturally get off the horse but it is literally a reset. And all their riding levels are various, anyway.

ErrorTrap said it found some uncommon fish... wherever those are but I don't know what difference it made.

Do you have any other ideas I can try?
  • Options
    CheerBabe15CheerBabe15 Posts: 203
    edited October 2011
    Same here. Im Trying to ride my unicorn around town and bam...my sims hops off... I used MC and Made her level 10 :P It still won't work.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    At least ErrorTrap fixed something. I'm still curious as to what would cause sims to reset like that with horses. I remember resetting being a problem with beds, but usually replacing the beds fixed that.

Try using MasterController's "Town \ Reset Everything"

I wouldn't know what else to try other than reinstalling after that. ><
  • Options
    MissCarinaMissCarina Posts: 24 New Member
    edited October 2011
    did you use testingcheats enabled and edit the horse in CAS? I saw some threads fly by mentioning problems after doing that. Hard to keep track though xD
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I used MasterController to reset the whole town and it still doesn't work.

@MissCarina - I haven't edited any of the pets in CAS after making them. :(

My game is running perfectly with good graphics and no lag or any other issues now... I'm starting to think this is a glitch in the game for some people. I've seen others complain about this problem but haven't found any solutions yet. It's just weird because yesterday my sims could ride their horses.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    An old saved game of when I first started playing Pets isn't glitched and horses work just fine so I'm going to play back on that file. I'm glad I had an extra save so just wanted to suggest to anyone that it's a good idea to make more than one save file because this glitch came out of nowhere...
  • Options
    KaliEyadKaliEyad Posts: 3
    edited October 2011
    I don't have any tips on fixing it, sorry, but my sims and horses started doing the same thing. I think it started happening yesterday night after my sim rode the unicorn, but it's hard to say because I wasn't really keeping track.
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, I've had this happen with two of my horses, both after they reached level 10 in the racing skill and started learning the jumping skill. My sim has level 10 in the riding skill. :?
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    MikanMyamMikanMyam Posts: 35
    edited October 2011
    Make sure that the area you try to ride your horse is not enclosed by walls or a fence. Not even a fence with gate. If that doesn't solve the problem, even tho i think it does, I am afraid I can't help you. :wink:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I've definitely tried it in wide open areas. That's not causing the problem. Anyway, still playing on the old save file that worked and it's still doing good with the horses. I don't know what caused the glitch in the other file since nothing really changed.
  • Options
    cleoandcoco24cleoandcoco24 Posts: 43 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I did find a fix for this, actually. It started happening mid-way through a saved game, and I thought I'd have to start all over again. However, it seems to be a bug on the lot, so if you go into Edit Town, Evict them from the lot, and put them back on to the lot again, it fixed it. I hope this works for you!
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Omg! It worked!! Thank you so much. :D I'm going to update my OP so others can see. Now everything is perfect.