May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No dogs at dog park?

I haven't seen any neighborhood dogs at the dog park I even went during that dog meet and greet thing. I have seen more horses there tan dogs. Has anyone else notice this?

I know other sims have dogs because my neighbors(the Riffen household) have a dog named Ditz

Comments

• Options
    Katty0Katty0 Posts: 3,907 Member
    edited October 2011
    There were no dogs there for me either... Also no cats at their park :(
  • Options
    CheerBabe15CheerBabe15 Posts: 203
    edited October 2011
    Same Here
  • Options
    Pandia101Pandia101 Posts: 175 Member
    edited October 2011
    I went to the dog park yesterday and no dogs.. /:
  • Options
    CheerBabe15CheerBabe15 Posts: 203
    edited October 2011
    I Get a phone call that sas theres a pet trick show down and still no dogs.
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited October 2011
    Neither the Dog Park or the Cat Jungle work properly.

They are just treated as regular parks. The only park that works properly seems to be the Horse Ranch.
  • Options
    fabulizfabuliz Posts: 1,066 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Have you tried moving your family to the new city that came with the EP? :) There's plenty of new dogs, cats, horses at all 3 areas for specified species. You see A LOT more wildlife, too! :)

I really like the new town. It's very different.
  • Options
    sereia8sereia8 Posts: 2,333 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I don't see anyone else's pets anywhere in SV. (I see lots of wildlife tho...) The townies need to get on the ball and start getting their own pets. They go to the dog and cat parks to stand around and read books.
    -_-
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited October 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    Neither the Dog Park or the Cat Jungle work properly.

They are just treated as regular parks. The only park that works properly seems to be the Horse Ranch.

I noticed this too. I figured EA would have dogs and cats spawn to their parks but I guess they left that out for whatever reason. They also left out bowls on the dog park, but there are plenty at the cat park.
  • Options
    Nanabobo567Nanabobo567 Posts: 465 Member
    edited October 2011
    You could go into Edit Town and place the special gnomes.
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited October 2011
    You could go into Edit Town and place the special gnomes.

i did that. still nothing
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited October 2011
    Please make sure story progression is on so npc sims can choose to adopt pets and befriend strays and wild animals. This needs to be on so the pet spawner can spaw the appropriate items for dogs cats and horses. So I hope this helps.
    Sid1701

Edit I almost forgot there should be a thing in edit town mode where you can make it a dog park. Please make sure you have the stuff in the park to keep dogs happy like food water maybe even sprinklers.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    SunshineandrozesSunshineandrozes Posts: 799 Member
    edited October 2011
    I suggest following the above poster's advice, as I've seen plenty of other Sims and their pets throughout my neighborhood.

Last time my Sim visited the dog park with her puppy, there were at least four other Sims with their dogs there. My Sim's dog even had time to play with two of them.
  • Options
    TeGzletTeGzlet Posts: 23 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I have story progression, dog parks and everything and the only dogs in my neighbourhood are mine. Oh and ONE stray cat. No horses either. I have to go to AP to have pets and things. So frustrating.