May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**** Paparazzi! How do I get rid of them?

I am so tired of the Paparazzi and other Sims showing up on my lot. Is there a way I can turn off the paparazzi or something?

Comments

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    edited October 2011
    No but if you look in build mode there is a fence to build that keeps them out. i don't know whats it called but a big gate with a key code pad on it. Also, if you have a dog they can chase them away i heard.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    MAXoutMAXout Posts: 666 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Uh ok. Thanks for the info. The paparazzi have been coming to my home CONSTANTLY! :P

I do have a dog and tried to get my dog to chase them away but I believe it must only work if you have the traits that would allow them to do it. I never got nothing but friendly options when I clicked on them with my dog.

Same goes with the burglar. I tried to get my dog to chase the burglar away but due to not having the right traits my dog didn't do anything. :P
    It was a bummer.
  • Options
    CheerBabe15CheerBabe15 Posts: 203
    edited October 2011
    Same issue there like freaking stalkers and my Doberman only chases the mail man..... I lock my fence so random people can't come in my yard or house. I made my dogs have the aggressive and hunter traits.
  • Options
    Llama_WatcherLlama_Watcher Posts: 501
    edited October 2011
    Have an army protect your property!
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited October 2011
    MAXout wrote:
    Uh ok. Thanks for the info. The paparazzi have been coming to my home CONSTANTLY! :P

I do have a dog and tried to get my dog to chase them away but I believe it must only work if you have the traits that would allow them to do it. I never got nothing but friendly options when I clicked on them with my dog.

Same goes with the burglar. I tried to get my dog to chase the burglar away but due to not having the right traits my dog didn't do anything. :P
    It was a bummer.

lol. may need another dog :P..
    and you can have a mod too turn them off, but i wouldn't want to get rid of them so i would build a fence,:P
  • Options
    GracielGraciel Posts: 48 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Not really a permanent solution, but I've found that if you go outside and greet them, they leave immediately and don't come back for a while.

Guess they only want to be there if they aren't made to feel welcome.

Only permanent solutions I've found are lock your gate (if you have one) or get the special nightlife gate as mentioned.

Sometimes I have half a mind to go into build mode and make a room around them they can't escape. Maybe the ghosts of previous paparazzi will scare them off. :twisted:
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited October 2011
    "Object delete" cheat is so far the only solution I've found for it, without a mod. The bad news is, a new one just shows up.

I saw a thread a while back, where someone put all the traps from WA around their house, so when a paparazzi showed up, she kept getting caught in them. lol. Unfortunately I never figured out how to activate the traps, so I couldn't do it myself. Another trick I tried was to use the add to household cheat, then kill them. The game still just spawned another.

Gallery ID: LDM2