May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A "did you know" post... For Pets!

Comments

• Options
    RIppedGirlRIppedGirl Posts: 155 New Member
    edited October 2011
    KaliEyad wrote:
    Did you know horses and deer will eat your lettuce plants? So be careful what you're gardening! It's kind of annoying, but funny. So far I've only noticed it with my lettuce, I hope they don't eat everything...

Did you know you have the option to scold your horse for being a piggy if it eats your plants? She doesn't seem to learning not to very quickly.

I DIDN'T know that, but it makes sense! Maybe makes annoying sense when you're going for a rockin' garden, but how cool is that?!

In reply to the replies from my earlier post - I never noticed in Sims 2 that puppies couldn't climb steps. Not that I ever tried to get them up a flight of stairs, but just one step.

Ahh, the things you learn!
  • Options
    CheerBabe15CheerBabe15 Posts: 203
    edited October 2011
    Did anyone notice the fall colored tree on the limited adition pet store lot? Seasons maybe lol idk wishful thinking.
  • Options
    NettaRoseNettaRose Posts: 142 Member
    edited October 2011
    Newspaper....

M ydog carries it

My cat sleeps on it

My horse eats it.....
  • Options
    kittee4kittee4 Posts: 652 New Member
    edited October 2011
    CloudyLuik wrote:
    Just speculation, but i think that dinosaur place is a hint of things to come. I read that the next expansion was something guys would like, and most guys like dinosaurs at some point in their lives. Also Bigfoot can be considered a caveman. What do you guys think? Dinosaurs for the next expansion?

Not likely. The dinosaur actually looks similar to a number of tourist traps in the Midwest, as well as some seen out towards Vegas. In fact, the one in Appaloosa reminds me a bit of Fallout: New Vegas, but I am also trying to remember where I saw one closer to it in real life.

Now, the calendars you can decorate your home with...

it reminds me of fallout new vegas too! :D
    p.s. thanks for posting all of these! i didnt know alot of them! :)
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited October 2011
    Did anyone notice the fall colored tree on the limited adition pet store lot? Seasons maybe lol idk wishful thinking.
    The entire TOWN is stuck in "Autumn!"

Just go down main street and you'll see banners advertising a Turkey Trot, Pumpkin harvests, and even hay rides!!
  • Options
    Darksim8Darksim8 Posts: 784 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Did you know that there is an old house on the river bend where you can hear a LOT of cats meowing?
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited October 2011
    Darksim8 wrote:
    Did you know that there is an old house on the river bend where you can hear a LOT of cats meowing?
    That's "Old Kitty"'s house.

She's an Elder Sim with four cats. She's the town's Crazy Cat Lady.

...and she's UGLY!! :shock:
  • Options
    caramia1966caramia1966 Posts: 50 Member
    edited October 2011
    Did you know your sims can now have plastic surgery ? Its in the guide just go to the hospital and select it . I thought that was cool . and you can be a horse breeder as a profession and make money that way
  • Options
    ChrissyS1985ChrissyS1985 Posts: 37
    edited October 2011
    Did you know that when your horses "dig" they actually dig things up? Mine mostly dig up veggies that they eat.
  • Options
    ottomoebillottomoebill Posts: 34
    edited October 2011
    Did you know children cannot ride horses? SUPER bummed about this one.

They should add in the future children being able to ride horses when adults lead the horse.
  • Options
    mattnjenn05mattnjenn05 Posts: 2,627 Member
    edited October 2011
    MissCarina wrote:
    PolarBabe wrote:

This one is good. There is a woman who lives alone with a cat in a stuffy frilly house. She is very frou frou. HOWEVER her bedroom is a little wild. She has all kinds of horse related equiptment up there, but she doesn't own a horse. She has commitment issues. It made me laugh.

I love her already and played her a bit last night. The funniest part is if you read her cats bio(yes some townie pets come with them! :D) it talks about her owners loud bedroom noises at night. :mrgreen: We know what she does with those whips on the wall.. haha!

Omg! :shock: I just about spit milk all over my laptop. Thats too funny!!! :lol:
  • Options
    tiger_lily5tiger_lily5 Posts: 3,904 Member
    edited October 2011
    Did you know there is a grave stone near some bushes at the Hangman's Tree National Landmark called "Yellow Foot Wild Hair". I just noticed it.
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    PrincessTink384PrincessTink384 Posts: 611 Member
    edited October 2011
    Did you know your sims can now have plastic surgery ? Its in the guide just go to the hospital and select it . I thought that was cool .

i just did this to my sim. i love it. i always like to give them nose jobs
  • Options
    SimonSimpsonSimonSimpson Posts: 1,223 Member
    edited October 2011
    CloudyLuik wrote:
    Just speculation, but i think that dinosaur place is a hint of things to come. I read that the next expansion was something guys would like, and most guys like dinosaurs at some point in their lives. Also Bigfoot can be considered a caveman. What do you guys think? Dinosaurs for the next expansion?

Not likely. The dinosaur actually looks similar to a number of tourist traps in the Midwest, as well as some seen out towards Vegas. In fact, the one in Appaloosa reminds me a bit of Fallout: New Vegas, but I am also trying to remember where I saw one closer to it in real life.

Now, the calendars you can decorate your home with...

I was thinking the exact same thing about the diner with the Dino. In particular, you see things like that all through New Mexico. Hmmm... what tie-ins does Sims have with New Mexico? Oh, I know!...

[post censored]
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited October 2011
    There are some really cool spots for collecting. I like the burned out barn that fenced in and have hay in it. Some of the other spots are fenced in and have some type of world decor in there. Haven't played much, but thought it would be some cool spots for animals and sims can go collecting.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited October 2011
    hardkandie wrote:
    That would be really cool, weather and natural disasters ;) I miss weather alot, they gave us holiday decorations but there isn't a change of seasons that makes them usable...

That would all depend on where you live. I grew up in Southern California where our holidays looked pretty much like the rest of the year weather-wise. So for me, it IS the decorations that make it the holidays in my game. Right now all my families have Halloween stuff set up.
  • Options
    mithryndormithryndor Posts: 10
    edited October 2011
    CloudyLuik wrote:

Dinosaurs, bigfoot, dragon and magic frog paintings?

I think next expansion is definitely something like making magic / mythical beings. I hope they bring dryads back from Seasons... I loved having a dryad family living in a house that looked like a huge tree!

That being said, it would be cool if they could add in a special twist to the mythical creatures, while also adding in some new medieval and prehistoric sets, by making it a Traveling Through Time expansion... how awesome would that be? I know they would never do it, but it would be nice to have more places to travel to besides France, Egypt, and China.
  • Options
    ThelightuponusThelightuponus Posts: 169 New Member
    edited October 2011
    MissCarina wrote:
    PolarBabe wrote:

This one is good. There is a woman who lives alone with a cat in a stuffy frilly house. She is very frou frou. HOWEVER her bedroom is a little wild. She has all kinds of horse related equiptment up there, but she doesn't own a horse. She has commitment issues. It made me laugh.

I love her already and played her a bit last night. The funniest part is if you read her cats bio(yes some townie pets come with them! :D) it talks about her owners loud bedroom noises at night. :mrgreen: We know what she does with those whips on the wall.. haha!

Haha, that is fantastic! :lol:
  • Options
    mithryndormithryndor Posts: 10
    edited October 2011
    And as for the did you know part... Did you know, if you own horses (I think this is what triggers it, not sure) these random horse garden gnomes will appear all over your lot in different poses. I carried some around in my inventory, unsure what to do with them, but they keep appearing... They are valued at almost $1k each.

But here's the best part. If you set the gnomes up somewhere, then come back later (I was going to show them to my husband)... they're GONE. They move! o_o They really freak me out! Other than selling them (which I haven't done yet) I don't know what they are for, if anything... horses can't interact with them, and all my sim can do is name them.

EDIT: Living gnomes... another hint at a mythical creatures pack??
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, the gnomes protest too. Someone posted on my facebook page.

308709_289628471054908_100000232716110_1115833_1851687905_n.jpg
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    edited October 2011
    Did you know that if you have WA there are the collectable pets there as well? I just went to Egypt and so far I've caught 2 turtles (1 rare) 2 lizards (same) a shrew, 3 birds (2 rare) and a rat!

Otto - maybe for toddlers but children should be able to ride the same as adults - even train jumping and such (children here irl do it all the time lol)

Was all excited for my sim's daughter to start entering into competitions :/
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited October 2011
    That in the Steakhouse/Office rabbit hole there is a (purely decorative) dance studio and law firm.
  • Options
    ilikeanimalsilikeanimals Posts: 10 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Sims with at least a skill level one in cooking can prepare gourmet food for their pets.
  • Options
    ottomoebillottomoebill Posts: 34
    edited October 2011
    AbellaKellaher: Sorry I did not explain that very well... the goal would be for the child to be taught to ride by the adult. Thats how it's done IRL in most instances, the child is lead about on the horse to get the feel for the horses gait and staying on before they are turned loose to ride themselves.

Yes, I wanted my sim child to compete too... as my adults already have very active careers and lives.
  • Options
    develishfaedevelishfae Posts: 151 Member
    edited October 2011
    That if you clean a stall, that's how you get horse fertilizer. It shows up in your inventory

Untitled-1-2.jpg