May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For everyone who has received a 2nd copy of Pets from Origin by mistake..

Our bank account was charged last night for the second copy we received by mistake..
If you ordered by credit card or debit, check your account, because they may have charged you secretly.. :(

Looks like I'm going to have a friendly little chat with Origin.. :evil:

Comments

• Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited October 2011
    I was charged as well. :?
  • Options
    NokuoroNokuoro Posts: 3,413 New Member
    edited October 2011
    it makes no sense.. why would they charge us, for their mistake? :?
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited October 2011
    I can't state my opinion or I might be banned. :? It's taken a week of fighting with CS just to get the discount that I was given, I can't imagine how long it's going to take to get this sorted out. I presume that we will end up having to ship the extra copy back and wait two weeks to get a refund according to Origin's website and refund policy.
  • Options
    CheerBabe15CheerBabe15 Posts: 203
    edited October 2011
    Mee tooo!!!!
  • Options
    MewMomoMewMomo Posts: 26
    edited October 2011
    This happened to me too! I thought I just had accidentally ordered it twice :\
    Guess it's time to go bother origin.
  • Options
    Leaborb192Leaborb192 Posts: 175 New Member
    edited October 2011
    MewMomo wrote:
    This happened to me too! I thought I just had accidentally ordered it twice :\
    Guess it's time to go bother origin.

YES OMG it happened to me too! I pre-ordered in June and was almost 100% positive I paid for it already in June and I received 2 copies yesterday and much to my disappointment found out I too was billed TWICE for two copies when I only ordered one. What is up with that? Don't they review to safeguard against these kinds of mistakes? I'm probably just going to suck it up and pay the S/H to send it back if it means I can get a refund of the actual game, which is the larger portion of $. It's really inconvenient though. I'm also sending a nicely worded letter expressing my views.

Glad to know we're a club & not alone! :-o

RBL
  • Options
    SikSouthernTinkSikSouthernTink Posts: 1,683 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I wasn't even Billed yet for my DD and it's downloaded and installed...weird.
  • Options
    mwjessica723mwjessica723 Posts: 3,769 Member
    edited October 2011
    Get this: I DID accidentally place two preorders, so when the UPS guy tried to deliver two yesterday, I just refused the second one, as per instructions from Origin Customer Service. Then, last night, I got an email letting me know my SECOND order was shipped. *sigh* So, a third copy is on its little ol' way to me... >.< So far, they've only charged me twice, once on each of the credit cards I used to pre-order those two times. Apparently, after reading this thread, I'm gonna have to watch my account like a hawk. :x
  • Options
    ewitsChuewitsChu Posts: 58 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Hey everyone, I ordered my game earlier this week through Origin, but before verifying the transaction I noticed that there were two Pets games in my cart for ~$80. I hadn't double-clicked anything, although I did click through two stuff packs before making my final choice. Maybe the extra clicks there somehow messed with the order? After I noticed, I went back and went through the process again, this time going straight to the stuff pack of my choosing, and the issue didn't come up.
  • Options
    Leaborb192Leaborb192 Posts: 175 New Member
    edited October 2011
    ewitsChu wrote:
    Hey everyone, I ordered my game earlier this week through Origin, but before verifying the transaction I noticed that there were two Pets games in my cart for ~$80. I hadn't double-clicked anything, although I did click through two stuff packs before making my final choice. Maybe the extra clicks there somehow messed with the order? After I noticed, I went back and went through the process again, this time going straight to the stuff pack of my choosing, and the issue didn't come up.

Well I sent the 2nd copy via UPS. It cost me $9.00 to do it, but they have it and I have proof. They had better refund me the money that they basically STOLE from me. My credit card company and all their wisdom tried to tell me that Origin didn't charge me twice, but I know different. I remember seeing a charge on my bill shortly after I ordered on June 6 2011. Then I get another charge in October 2011. Thanks "Capital One" for all your wonderful help with this issue. It's just too bad I couldn't access all transactions my self. Statements don't show EVERYTHING purchased and I wish they would realize this. :evil:

RBL
  • Options
    ottomoebillottomoebill Posts: 34
    edited October 2011
    This is what happens when you put your trust in EA... Origin will never know my credit card info
  • Options
    Katty0Katty0 Posts: 3,907 Member
    edited October 2011
    I called origin and have a 20 min arguement on wether I could mark the box return to sender (FYI you can NOT do that for UPS you need a return shipping label)

Finally they said they would send me a label. That was a week ago still no label...

I havent been charged twice...
  • Options
    SunshineandrozesSunshineandrozes Posts: 799 Member
    edited October 2011
    Leaborb192 wrote:
    ewitsChu wrote:

Well I sent the 2nd copy via UPS. It cost me $9.00 to do it, but they have it and I have proof. They had better refund me the money that they basically STOLE from me. My credit card company and all their wisdom tried to tell me that Origin didn't charge me twice, but I know different. I remember seeing a charge on my bill shortly after I ordered on June 6 2011. Then I get another charge in October 2011. Thanks "Capital One" for all your wonderful help with this issue. It's just too bad I couldn't access all transactions my self. Statements don't show EVERYTHING purchased and I wish they would realize this. :evil:
    RBL

Credit card statements are supposed to show ALL transactions! I would request a detailed statement for the year.

I've never ordered anything via Origin, but I pre-order all of my Sims games and other games from Amazon.com all the time... and sometimes BestBuy.com. I've never been charged for a pre-order, until the item was ready to ship. It seems odd for them to charge you ahead of time for a product that hadn't even been printed to disk yet...let alone released. :?