Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• SillyCaileySillyCailey Posts: 374 Member
    edited July 2011
    SerithRei wrote:
    SerithRei You have not lost your touch - it has been a while since I participated in a BnS and I always admired your work - you have still got it. I love the upscale style you have used and the colors really work so great - fabulous job - left you a rec :)

Thank you! :D Your lot is awesome, the level of detail is fantastic and I love the landscaping as well. It really looks like a proper working diner, wish I could rec it.

Thanks for the kind words SerithRei :) there really was not much room for landscaping so I had to kind of rein myself in :) Thanks for wanting to rec but since I use cc and can never get anything uploaded to the exchange - I don't even try anymore :-)
  • AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited July 2011
    New challenge is up and posted on the first post!

Feel free to ask if you have any questions. :)
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited July 2011
    Yay! So excited for the new Showdown :)
  • ScoiattoloScoiattolo Posts: 932
    edited July 2011
    Can't decide which inspirational item to pick! :wink:
  • BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    edited July 2011
    Very excited about the new challenge. Which to pick? Which to pick? :)
  • ZYIsSimsZYIsSims Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited July 2011
    hmmm will have to think on this for a bit......
  • BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    edited July 2011
    Anjubee wrote:
    New challenge is up and posted on the first post!

Feel free to ask if you have any questions. :)

This is my first design challenge so forgive me if this question is silly. Are we allowed to change the colors of the object of inspiriation or does it have to remain exactly as it is?
    edited July 2011
    Brennachan: Feel free to change the colors. :)
  • darius697darius697 Posts: 32
    edited July 2011
    Looks pretty fun. lol can I host my own contest I just want to give away my sim pts but for a good cost.
  • BUNNYBOBOFUKBUNNYBOBOFUK Posts: 314 New Member
    edited July 2011
    im quite confused about what this is abot but id like to do the house thingy :mrgreen:
    edited July 2011
    Hi, Bunny!

We'd be happy to clarify anything you are confused about. Just ask. :)
    edited July 2011
    thank you is the challenge to download the house then redecorate using one off the items shown in pic or the links below on lots :roll:

edited July 2011
    thank you is the challenge to download the house then redecorate using one off the items shown in pic or the links below on lots :roll:

Hi Bunny! You download the house and then chose ONE of the objects as the inspiration for your design. You have to use the object once somewhere in the house. Other than that, the design of your house should make the judges think of the object you've chosen. For example, in a previous design challenge one of the object options was the orchid flower arrangement. That made me think of Asian design, and I used the purple from the flower color as one of my main colors. Hope this helps!
    edited July 2011
    yaaaay thank you so anybody can join anytime :!:
    edited July 2011
    darius697 wrote:
    Looks pretty fun. lol can I host my own contest I just want to give away my sim pts but for a good cost.

Hey Darius! People start their own challenges all the time on Creative Corner. I'd suggest you check out some of the ones already on here and maybe participate in one or two (or at least lurk) to get an impression of how they work. That will give you an idea of how challenges are typically run and what types of challenges might fill a need on the forum. Good luck :)
    edited July 2011
    yaaaay thank you so anybody can join anytime :!:

Of course :D New participants are most certainly welcome. Looking forward to seeing your entry!
  • lLunaaquilolLunaaquilo Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2011
    So excited for this one, it reminds me of a challenge on HGTV's Design Star! I was too late to submit the 1776 diner, but I'm starting this one in plenty of time. :mrgreen:
    edited July 2011
    OFFICIAL ENTRY

NAME:ZYIsSims

LINK TO LOT:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4321292

LINK TO MEDIA:
    http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/silviaBroome/106-107 SDS/?albumview=slideshow

LEVEL: Advanced

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST:30x30,

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Remolded in a gnomish style, pics were taken placed on a new town so the moving gnomes are not where I placed them but I don't guess that matters.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:none

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please, my muse on this one was a little shot and I'm not so sure about my work, that being said I cant think of anything better .
    edited July 2011
    :mrgreen: wooooooow i love your entry
    edited July 2011
    awww thanks
  • FreizhaFreizha Posts: 35
    edited July 2011
    can we remove doors and windows? there are soooo many!
    edited July 2011
    can we remove the chimney back bit it sooooo doesnt look right with the theme im going for :shock:
  • golden_glowgolden_glow Posts: 862 Member
    edited July 2011
    Freizha wrote:
    can we remove the chimney back bit it sooooo doesnt look right with the theme im going for :shock:

To both of you, I'm not 100% sure on this one but with all previous designer showdowns that I have taken part in you weren't allowed to add or remove any doors and windows, only change them to ones of the same size and we weren't allowed to remove the chimney, you just had to work with it. I'm sure someone will confirm this or correct me if I'm wrong.
    edited July 2011
    Freizha wrote:

To both of you, I'm not 100% sure on this one but with all previous designer showdowns that I have taken part in you weren't allowed to add or remove any doors and windows, only change them to ones of the same size and we weren't allowed to remove the chimney, you just had to work with it. I'm sure someone will confirm this or correct me if I'm wrong.

gg is correct. :)
  • AnartisticaAnartistica Posts: 277 New Member
    edited July 2011
    ZYIsSims woow, really gnomey house! Aww to the gnomes watching TV in the living room :mrgreen: CUTE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top