Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Harrington House: 4br. 4ba. Tudor style family home

ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
This is a spacious family home that is done in a more comptemporary Tudor style. It includes 4 large bedroms, a formal dining room, a large study that could also make a 5th bedroom and has a cozy fireplace, and lovely deck that overlooks the fully stocked kitchen garden. $150K fully furnished and landscaped on 30x30 lot. NO CC.

Lot is found here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4206292

slideshow:th_Screenshot-38.jpg

Screenshot-38.jpg
Screenshot-21.jpg
Screenshot-18.jpg
Screenshot-35.jpg
Screenshot-19.jpg
Screenshot-31.jpg
Screenshot-29.jpg

Comments

• Jasonmazda2Jasonmazda2 Posts: 3,532 Member
    edited June 2011
    A very nice build Ruth. A rec from me :D. Beautiful cover pic by the way :)
    hgjghj.jpg
  • KariussaKariussa Posts: 968 Member
    edited June 2011
    Very Nice! I have just downloaded and rec,and I also re-downloaded some other houses from your studio ;-) Was in need for some houses after I had to reinstall The Sims and all the expantions.Thanks!!
  • JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited June 2011
    Lovely home. The colors are very much like you would expect in such a perfect home as this, lush and still cozy. You do fantastic work Miss Ruth! Rec's when I can, either the site is wonky again, or I'm having Internet issues. Definitely worth more than one rec if only I could. :D

Rec'd it!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited June 2011
    This is house says tudor through and through, bueatiful build as always, I love what you make. Ruth those paintings above the fire place, are they new paintings that can be painted by our sims now? They are lovely and distinctive. A well deserved rec. I was number four this time.
  • AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited June 2011
    Turned out great, RuRu!

I think the colors came out just right. I think my favorite room has to be the study/library though. I really like what you did with the wall treatment there with the stripes on the bottom. So charming! Perfect blend of traditional and contemporary!
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2011
    YAY! :D An Ruthy build! Did a happy dance when I saw this thread! :D I love the architecture Ruth! It is so deliciously English which I love. The brick combined with the wood gives the exterior such a stunning look. Love the garden. The interiors are to die for. Such good choice of colours and patterns. Love the kitchen, dining room, kids' rooms and the double bedrom. Left a well deserved recommendation and added your lot to my favourite folder. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • dbaadbaa Posts: 313 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Good to see you again Ruthless_kk. This lot feels like a real home. My kind of build.
    Rec # 18's on me. :thumbup:
  • AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited June 2011
    YAY :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: - A new style for Ruthy! I love it and the interiors, I am loving the simplicity of the bedroom, so chic! The garden is pretty and suits the house perfectly! Wonderful work as always! :D

Absolutely rec'd! :mrgreen:
  • Polinaki19Polinaki19 Posts: 858 Member
    edited June 2011
    wonderful as always Ruth! gave you a rec.
  • jisgr8jisgr8 Posts: 837 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Great new build Ruth. Looks exactly like those "Americanized" tudor homes you see everywhere. I think you pulled off a contemporary version of a traditional interior design beautifully. Rec'd
  • ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited June 2011
    A very nice build Ruth. A rec from me :D. Beautiful cover pic by the way :)

You are very kind, Jason. Thanks :D
    edited June 2011
    Kariussa wrote:
    Very Nice! I have just downloaded and rec,and I also re-downloaded some other houses from your studio ;-) Was in need for some houses after I had to reinstall The Sims and all the expantions.Thanks!!

Thank you Kariussa! That is so sweet of you...I hope your sims enjoy it.
  • AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited June 2011
    OOo I forgot to ask Ruthy where is the pretty vase from on the table? Is it a store item? Its so cute!
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2011
    Allium wrote:
    OOo I forgot to ask Ruthy where is the pretty vase from on the table? Is it a store item? Its so cute!

If I am not mistaken, that is a store item. It was offered as a bonus/gift for purchasing a certain amount of simpoints. I would love to buy it individually but sadly it is not available for purchase. :(
  • lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited June 2011
    Ruthy, this is just wonderful! The living room turned out great, and the dining room.... Beautiful!! I love the curtains there! The house itself is so charming, I would love to live a place like that! :thumbup:
  • ThisSIMisCrazedThisSIMisCrazed Posts: 3,719 Member
    edited June 2011
    I love it! Excellent job, as always. :D
  • ThisSIMisCrazedThisSIMisCrazed Posts: 3,719 Member
    edited June 2011
    Double post
    edited June 2011
    svlyn wrote:
    This is house says tudor through and through, bueatiful build as always, I love what you make. Ruth those paintings above the fire place, are they new paintings that can be painted by our sims now? They are lovely and distinctive. A well deserved rec. I was number four this time.

You are so kind! Thank you :D the airplane paintings above the fireplace in the study are new with the generations pack, actually. I like them too...wish we had more in that style.
  • LightSideLightSide Posts: 1,264 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Simply stunning Ruthy.
    I simply adore that turquoise room, so chic, yet simple.

The structure is fabulous
    and I totally agree with J on the interiors.

A rec for sure.
    ~Light~
  • Sgizzle09Sgizzle09 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited June 2011
    Beautiful build! :thumbup:

Love the colors of the living (?) area and the nursery. Very simple but chic and cute! I tend to go for the more simple look and this house is just lovely :) Rec'd and will dl later when at home.
  • imogerimoger Posts: 5,783 Member
    edited June 2011
    Beautiful work with full of pretty charm! :)
    Recommended (of course)
    edited June 2011
    Anjubee wrote:
    Turned out great, RuRu!

I think the colors came out just right. I think my favorite room has to be the study/library though. I really like what you did with the wall treatment there with the stripes on the bottom. So charming! Perfect blend of traditional and contemporary!

Thank you Anju! Your advice on contemporary was very helpful...but even then, I really kind of skirted the line between contemporary and traditional....it was hard not to veer into familiar territory for me. Maybe I need to try an all contemporary build..inside and out...lol.
    edited June 2011
    yanti68 wrote:
    YAY! :D An Ruthy build! Did a happy dance when I saw this thread! :D I love the architecture Ruth! It is so deliciously English which I love. The brick combined with the wood gives the exterior such a stunning look. Love the garden. The interiors are to die for. Such good choice of colours and patterns. Love the kitchen, dining room, kids' rooms and the double bedrom. Left a well deserved recommendation and added your lot to my favourite folder. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

you are so kind yanti! I had a hard time with this one because even though it looks ver traditional on the exterior, I wanted it to feel more contemporary and suburban on the inside. I am so glad you like the results. :D
  • CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited June 2011
    great house and rec'd
  • socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited June 2011
    Ruth, timeless design. Very attractive Tudor home. Nice combination of timbering, stucco and brick. I like the splashes of teal in many of the rooms (my favorite color). The interior is so clean and uncluttered, very homey and pleasant. I really like the crisp blue and white combos in the master bedroom. Overall, just the right amount of modern and traditional. Great to see another home from you! :) Rec'd and Fav'd.
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Kirk
    5678188462_3689759933_z.jpg