Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update error: Invalid file found

Hello,

While updating my game, ambitions came back with this error: update error:Invalid file found

But the base game updated just fine. I tried doing a incremental patch for this, but I came back with the same error. I also tried doing this:
The Sims 3, the EPs, the SPs and the patches are NOT compatible with Windows 7.

To patch a Windows 7 machine, download the manual patches to the desktop.

Once the patches are downloaded, right click on the consecutive files and select Troubleshoot Compatibility.

The system will scan the files and prompt you to install using Windows XP Service Pack 2 compatibility mode.

Make sure you clear your Windows Temp directory files and game cache files after updating.

Windows 7 users should NOT use auto-update because of this issue.

I found this answer from him here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/305951.page

Do any of you have a idea to do to fix this? Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Comments

• Options
    andie6061andie6061 Posts: 5,438 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Fixed it!

So, while the incremental update didn't work, I decided to do the Cumulative patch (Super Patch) and it worked like a charm, didn't give me any hassle whatsoever!

Here is the link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page

Hope this helps someone!
  • Options
    Wreck_DiverWreck_Diver Posts: 691 Member
    edited December 2010
    If you have World Adventures installed and you try to manually install the incremental patch, you will get an invalid file error message that is traced back to the EAWeb.dll file.

Instead of the incremental patch, manually install the World Adventures Super Patcher and the installation will complete.
    There but for the Grace of God go I.

http://www.facebook.com/PublicSafetyDiver
  • Options
    LiodannaLiodanna Posts: 10 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Urm, I have Windows 7 on my laptop and have successfully installed Sims 3, all EPs and Stuff Packs and patched up to date so I'm not sure why someone has said they're not compatible with W7.
    All my updates are done through the Launcher and all update without any issue.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Liodanna wrote:
    Urm, I have Windows 7 on my laptop and have successfully installed Sims 3, all EPs and Stuff Packs and patched up to date so I'm not sure why someone has said they're not compatible with W7.
    All my updates are done through the Launcher and all update without any issue.

Well I also have Windows 7, and I had a problem. Everyone's computer is different. But it's all fixed now. So I don't have to worry about it.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    If you have World Adventures installed and you try to manually install the incremental patch, you will get an invalid file error message that is traced back to the EAWeb.dll file.

Instead of the incremental patch, manually install the World Adventures Super Patcher and the installation will complete.

I only have base and ambitions. And i was getting the error updating thru launcher and incremental. The super patch worked though, so I'm happy LD