The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game won't save after installing FL

I have tried to play 3 games after installing Fast Lane - and when I try to save and quit, it says "Saving"....each time (after waiting for more than an hour) I have finally just had to turn off my computer.

I hope nobody else is experiencing this - it stinks.

Comments

• Options
    Toots73Toots73 Posts: 17
    edited September 2010
    I didn't have your same problem, but mine was crashing to desktop. I couldn't get it figured out. Spent last two days on it. I finally did manual uninstall, then reinstalled each game, in order, letting it update as needed in between each install. Now Fast Lane is working and I can play the game with no problems. I DO NOT have any custom content installed this time around. I don't know if that affected it or not. I'm also not sure if all patches and updates were installed. Now all's fine. Maybe you can find a solution or someone else has had a similar issue, and can give you advice for the problem. Good luck!
  • Options
    CopenRoadCopenRoad Posts: 391 Member
    edited September 2010
    No issues with my copy. I never had any major issues with any of my Sims 3 game. Weird. Good luck though
  • Options
    LiodannaLiodanna Posts: 10 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Have you tried saving while playing instead of trying to save and quit? That's the easiest way to lock up your game as it cannot cope with having to save all the information in one big chunk.
    Have you got enough RAM in your computer to start off with? Try using the SAVE AS option and giving this neighbourhood a new name and save it before then trying to quit.
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 3,293 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Have tried to save it with a new name using Save As. Sometimes after you install a new EP or SP or install an update your saves get damaged. You should always make a new one just in case.

I've never been able to save. Customer Support couldn't help me because every solution they had brought another new problem instead of fixing it. My computer is fine. Maybe There is a god who just, hates some people :(.
  • Options
    IamMamainredIamMamainred Posts: 7,042 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Ashtyn920, when the game take more than a few minutes to save, it is usually a corrupt save. If you just installed FL. You need to post in the tech section so we can review your Dxdiag info.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/10.page
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited September 2010
    When my Sims games stopped working last week I had to reformat my laptop because I didn't know what to do! When I first had to reformat the thing because of a differant thing, the game is now slow. It's not going the reguler speed it should be like when I very first got my laptop.