This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

"Walls Up" or "Walls Down" (2012 was the last time this question was asked)

Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,453 Member
11 years later...Asking this question again...

So...Do you play "Walls Up"; "Half-Walls" or "Walls Down" when you play.

I play with Walls Up (Thank you @Mikezumi - who was the one who encouraged me to play walls up ).
tKIC7Z8.jpg
I used to play with walls down when I first started playing the Sims 3...mainly because it was much easier to track my sims back then.

Now, I play exclusively with walls up.
SifXEdT.jpg
I rarely if ever play with half walls. If I'm wanting to get a screenshot in a tight place, I tend to go in tight on the face of the sim and leave the walls up. I like doing "cinematic shots"...of emotion-filled scenes like this one.
VyvYfu0.jpg...which involves leaving the windows and walls up instead of going half-wall.
GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Comments

• Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 374 Member
    edited October 2023
    I mainly play with half walls since full walls can get tricky to navigate and see what's going on.

(I'm not the greatest with camera controls. It's either too fast and zooms past what I want to see or too slow. I still don't know how to adjust the speed or do that trick that let's you go upstairs in camera mode without going through the stairs instead)

I occasionally switch to full walls when I want to get a Sim point of view of the house or building and feel more immersed in the world.

No walls just takes me out of that immersion and reinforces the "game" aspect for me. I like to feel that I'm in the world itself.
  • Options
    ALazySimmerALazySimmer Posts: 16 Member
    Same, I try to stick with half walls mostly because I just can't get the hang of the camera. But screenshots look better with walls up. But I just can't play full walls up and keep track of the sims.
  • Options
    ChungyChungy Posts: 36 Member
    Call me crazy, but for any Sims game, I almost always have my walls down. Sometimes they'll go up when I pause the game and I want to take a screenshot or record a scene, but besides that, it's just a whole lot more convenient to me as I play normally.
    Tune into Chungytoon on YouTube - a community for a variety of gaming and internet shenanigans including content from The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Walls up, i tend to play my game from a top-down view and it's one less setting to remember when doing screenshots. I also think it helps with building so I can't forget how a room is laid out.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

Half walls until I pause the game to get a screenshot. I like to be able to see everything in the house at once when I play and direct my Sims.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,606 Member
    I like Half walls. :)
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,221 Member
    For me it depends on the size of the house and the number of Sims who reside there. Small houses and apartments, I play with the walls halfway up (even if it's only a single sim living there). Large spacious places, I play with the walls completely up. Additionally, when there are a lot of Sims in the home, I play with half walls so I can easily see what everyone is doing. :)
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member

Walls up always ... :D
    Except when building a house and the room is too small to work on the ceiling without taking the walls down.

I tend to like looking at the house.
    Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Half walls when my sims are at home or in a community building, and walls up when they are in parks or other lots when the sims are outdoors so I can enjoy the buildings seen from the outside. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
    not playing atm, but when i do always wall up, only take down if that the best way to get the picture, and then back up.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited October 2023
    I prefer walls up as much as possible, but sometimes use half walls to get an overview because sims may be in different rooms. Walls up always for screenshots.

*edit: On that note it sometimes bugs me how floors above are invisible when viewed from below and I want to do screenshots in buildings with a more open solution. ;)
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
  • Options
    CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 545 Member
    Half walls as I often play with apartments and that gets difficult without setting the camera to completely top down.
  • Options
    CharlieBleuCharlieBleu Posts: 177 Member
    I play with half walls. I try to remember to put them up for SS, but forget a good amount of the time.
    Feel free to add me to your Sims 3 friend list! I'm DMCharlie2017
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,104 Member
    I really want to play with Walls up, but its hard to navigate, so I do half up.
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    I do half up most of the time. The only time I have them up all the time, to take pictures.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)