The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Growing Together Rating!

13...Next

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I give it a 9 game play is great cas is great but the world is just okay
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I gave it a 7. I like the game play and the CAS/BB, but the world is small and boring. Reminds me too much of Willow Creek.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    edited April 2023
    I think it is a great pack.

What I really like is
    - The added gameplay for infants makes them really challenging (though the changing table feels like it belongs in base game).
    - replacing traits or getting additional ones is a game changer. The way your playstyle can impact your sims personality
    - social compatibility is awesome. It takes me back to chemistry in the good old sims 2 days
    - milestones finally give a much needed sense of memory to sims, again very reminiscent of the sims 2
    - many small additions like walking paths, a new board game, puzzles, the tree house and bikes for children

What I don't like
    - the bland world with loads of shells between lots. There aren't enough sims walking around to make the world feel alive. Why are there so few collectibles, fishing signs,... I have a feeling that the neighbourhood of the rec center is better than the others with the splash pads and swimmable lake.
    - bugs: disappearing milestones makes milestones kind of pointless. Problems with children learning to ride a bike. The loosing tooth feature had to be patched out completely. And then the EP even broke things from other packs like Mt Komorebi climbing excursions and werewolf pack values

If the world had been better and the bugs fewer, this pack would have easily earned a 9/10.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,843 Member
    @Atreya33 Climbing excursions and werewolf pack values broke for me too at the infant patch. I don't even have Growing Together :/
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    I give it an 8. The additional family gameplay is a lot of fun. I have a few bugs though so that knocked the score down. I'm not sure why my graphics won't show the splash park sprinklers.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Tomorrow it'll be a month since I said I'd return in a month to share my rating but I'm afraid I'll have to return in another month to share my rating. I got absolutely nothing done. :D
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    I'm very much enjoying it so far. I love the dynamics and so glad that even with an established game save, the household members, four siblings and a spouse, are discovering their family dynamics. I love the milestones and the Firsts. So much fun.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I voted seven but it’s between a seven and 8. I deducted a full point for the removal of the tooth falling. As far as I know, there has been no communication on when we’re getting that back.

But I’ve been enjoying the park a lot. It is one of those packs that just naturally integrate into your game and you don’t have to seek it out. I love the treehouse. milestones are probably one of my favorite things. I’ve enjoyed the events and the stayovers. BB and CAS aren’t my favorite but there are some standout pieces. The tiles and the shower tub combo are chefs kiss. The new picture frames are great.

One of my favorite things that I hope they go back and add to some old worlds is power walking and jogging together. Disappointed that this wasn’t included in every neighborhood. But especially in Hopewell Hills. I am super anti-rabbit holes but I actually enjoy the cinema rabbit hole. I feel like the world is a couple tweaks away from being one of my favorites.

• Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    this is the first of all sims packs i would return (i play since sims 1) .
    even if i didn't like the gameplay of a pack, i enjoyed the build\buy objects or the new worlds.
    wedding stories for example. i never have weddings in my game but tartosa alone is worth buying the pack and build\buy is great.
    but this pack gives me nothing.
    i don't like the world, the clothes are meh, a few of the build objects are great, but i didn't use them so far and could live without them.
    usually i don't think twice and buy every expansion and pack. but now i learned that i should think twice if it's really worth it 😅
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    This has enhanced family game play for me. The world is beautiful; the CAS and Build items fit well; and, the infant life stage is very realistic.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • DoctorDMan70DoctorDMan70 Posts: 2 New Member
    It would be nice if they update the family tree with Uncles, Aunts, Cousins, and Half Siblings. That would be big part to add in the family tree. Great for growing together.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,955 Member
    edited July 2023
    After playing it a bit I give it a 9. The world is pretty, I love the family dynamics and comparability. I haven’t had a family reunion or baby shower yet, but I’m looking forward to having them I like the new lot type, wish we would get some more new lot types. I like the hiking path. Wondering if we could ride horses on the hiking path. I plan to make the Michaelsons lot a place for horses somehow, I like the treehouse, and bikes, and we got a diaper changer. Overall, it rates high for me. If it had some collectibles and new plants it would have gotten a 10 from me.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    It would be nice if they update the family tree with Uncles, Aunts, Cousins, and Half Siblings. That would be big part to add in the family tree. Great for growing together.

Agreed!
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I like it but I have issues with it.
    First, they check on the infants too often. I have to tell them to stop, second, it's become difficult to play peekaboo and a few other interactions. As in it will be in the queue, but they do nothing and it gets cancelled out, third, the infants stretch a lot when I'm trying to get an older sim to pick them up, fourth the CAS feature of having them roll over onto their stomach for changing pants is annoying. Fifth, and I don't remember if this was a BG update or part of the pack, but it's still annoying: They don't put down the infants when I tell them to. They autonomously play with them when I'm trying to get them fed, burped, and to sleep for the night not riled up with tickles. Sixth, when getting an infant to try new foods, what the infant does with their hands when they like a food is too long. It should be shorter in length.

I'm sure there's others but these are my top ones. I've had the game since near the end of April.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,826 Member
    I like to calculate the average score. For Growing Together it's 7.8.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    edited September 2023
    Deleted.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited September 2023
    musteni wrote: »
    I feel this pack will require some more playtime before I can fully form my opinion, but I'm loving it this far and it already feels essential. So I'm thinking of 9 or maybe even 10 despite that fact that I don't much like the world or CAS either. I just appreciate the gameplay systems and we have not been getting too many this kind. In my mind I keep comparing it to Get Together, the level it lets me manage sim behaviour.

After the initial excitement I found out about the milestone disappearing bug. I waited 6 months to rate, but since they still haven't fixed the it I am giving it 1. I honestly wish I never bought this pack and feel I should get a refund because the pack does not work as promised for rotational play.
  • lucombrelucombre Posts: 45 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    After the initial excitement I found out about the milestone disappearing bug. I waited 6 months to rate, but since they still haven't fixed the it I am giving it 1. I honestly wish I never bought this pack and feel I should get a refund because the pack does not work as promised for rotational play.

Agree.

I love the compatibility, trait discovery, mid-life crises, etc. I couldn’t play without these features now. The world is very disappointing but the cas and build mode is nice. But the fact that milestones basically don’t matter because they STILL haven’t fixed the bugs with rotational play makes it a 1 for me for now. I hope I can improve my rating soon.