This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,453 Member
    edited September 2023
    THESE...are the bits you're NOT getting in the narrative story...whilst kicking about town...waiting for the opportunity to shoot more scenes of my Legacy. :p
    mmwTAVV.jpg
    This is Wong Bo Feng; a tourist in "University World" (by CAWster). He looks about as Chinese as my next door neighbour (who's from the UK) Really? There's NO way to change him in CAS when they're tourists?
    ocdBxkV.jpg
    Have to get through the day so I can take some shots towards evening. Looks like the family is at the Japanese teppanyaki and karaoke bar. ~evil smirk~ At least nobody's at the karaoke machine. Haruo and Shig are off hunting.
    Hc21x7u.jpg
    What in-... How does anyone manage to have this color of hair. We call it puke-green. I can't...gotta change it...
    C4zDsUF.jpg
    There...that looks somewhat better. But I wish there was a wider color range for darker skin colors. She is a paparazzi so I don't care much, but I wanted to get rid of that puke-green straw-hair.
    oygkqLV.jpg
    THIS is the car REAL-Haruo wishes he had in real life. Unfortunately for him (or me...in this case) he's driving a Nissan Versa Note. Sim-Haruo will just enjoy the Firebird for him in any case. :mrgreen:

A Parakeet's View of Haruo.
    ROK24Ao.jpg
    "oh...****!"
    EzUizjU.jpg
    Parakeet: "Oh...cr-"
    qzyALav.jpg

Ms. Noetal: "Well, hello, Samantha. Fancy meeting you here. Mind if I sit down and eat.
    Sam: Not at all. Ma'am...go right ahead...we're just studying.
    Sq1ZNGH.jpg

nYbhIZM.jpg
    My gosh...it's almost fall...(in real life as well as in my Sims game). ~evil smirk~ first time real-life seasons has ever coincided with the season that's in my game. Usually in my Sims game I'm playing Christmas (Snowy Day) in RL summer-time or having blazing heatwaves in the dead of RL winter
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,155 Member
    edited September 2023
    @MantleJackal Your desert home is...WOW! :open_mouth: I love it!! :star: Reminds me of the fancy, Santa Fe style homes I would see in Arizona. (That's where I grew up. :blush: ) It's funny how those of us who think we aren't very good builders (I mean, compared to most I am NOT!) end up getting so many wonderful, sincere compliments on our builds. I guess we can be too hard on ourselves sometimes. ;) But seriously, that's a gorgeous build and home and I would love to call it my house! <3

@GraceyManor Great to see you back girl! :smiley:
    your praaven pics make me want to play it again,
    ^Hee hee. Do it! :mrgreen:

@Sprottenham
    emorill I think it's the last option, because I have never actually seen the Beauty and the Beast movie. :P
    ^Lol! Well alright then. :lol:
    You should watch the cartoon movie - not the live action movie - sometime. It's great! 👍🏻 And then if you want to watch the Live action movie after that it's up to you, but everyone's gotta see the cartoon movie first, imo. ;)
    Been enjoying your posts. :)

@Nikkei_Simmer Been enjoying your Lonely Island Survival posts.
    What skin are you using to produce a ripped out chest and six pack like this on Haruo? :open_mouth: Rawr! :love: (Sorry! :joy: )
    G6r1xJP.jpg
    Or is it a custom top? :smirk:
    YES! TSR is a dangerous site to get lost in while cc shopping! :lol: Although I would recommend BEO wedding dresses more than the ones found on TSR. 👍🏻
    Hope you see this tag...

This is a nice shot. :star:
    EzUizjU.jpg

Awesome updates to the rest of y'all too. :blush: Have given out Likes and Awesomes. :star:

Now it's time for me to get ready for work. Boo.
    It's gonna be a long day...But at least all the Labor Day shoppers are gone. Whew.

Happy Simming everyone! <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    @emorrill - BEO is my go-to for wedding dresses. Incidentally, the skin I use...coupled with a Asian face-mask..is this bodybuilder skin. :mrgreen:

Real Haruo...doesn't spend THAT kind of time in the gym. :p Real Haruo is kind of soft and marshmallow'y. :p
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,937 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer I loved your updates! I miss seasons in my game but only 6 more generations to go until it can be introduced :joy:

@emorrill completely agree everybody must watch the original 1991 Beauty and the Beast disney film! Hope your work day went ok too <3
    Gen-7-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 821 Member
    edited September 2023
    I bought the Bohemian Garden set while it was on sale.

https://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:72093

8 New Harvestables including Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Peaches, Pears and even Cocoa Beans for Chocolate!

I bought Drifter's Desire a couple days ago in preparation.
    https://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:56789&back=purchaseHistory

I don't usually like gaudy things, but ... I think I want to build something with this in a corner of Lucky Palms.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    OK...problem here... every so often I get the urge to "tweak" Haruo (yeah, that sounds kinda...dirty...right?)

So out of my Haruo base-sim, I decided to make a new Haruo.

So my question here is. Which one looks better? The one on the right or the one on the left.
    lgYbODZ.jpg
    Alicia's looking at the one on the left it seems...but I like the one on the right.

The problem is that if I choose the one on the right, I'm gonna have to go back in and redo ALL the pictures in my current legacy...which to me is no biggie... I do have my "start" file...and all I have to do is place in a teenage Haruo from that sim on the right.

My conceit and somewhat narcissism...says: Pick the one on the right. He's more handsome. :p
    o1Kiz5U.png
    I'm doing a "Joey" here...
    friends-joey-tribbiani.gif
    ...but River deserves...the best...right?

Hmmm...I decided to put the new and improved Haruo in the same hairstyle to give the previous version a fairer playing field...and boy did that evoke some interest from Alicia... ~evil grin~
    yXIctdd.jpg
    It's like "Dang girl...could you be any more subtle about checking out Haruo's..."
    NUP1Um1.jpg
    River was slightly less enthused...but well...she had to check out the assets... too. No pun intended.

Original Haruo's reaction looks like he knows he's getting replaced. Poor guy. ~evil smirk~

OK...I'm going to leave it up to IMHO's lovely platinum blonde Match to break the tie...
    AoOR86E.jpg
    She's looks first at Haruo #1... hmmm...not really all that interesting...
    6ldm7aB.jpg
    Then a look at Haruo #2...evidently she likes what she sees...is that a small smile on her gorgeously stunning face?
    zbWq62a.jpg
    ...and it appears that Match has broken the tie.

Sorry, Haruo #1...
    vince-mcmahon-youre-retired.gif

Yep...that's a definite "NO" from Match here.
    LjQvCZB.jpg
    ...and definite thirst for Haruo-on-the-right from Alicia.
    LejWqzI.jpg
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 374 Member
    @emorrill

Thanks so much! If you're not 100% confident in your own work than it's not unusual to downplay it. (For me at least) So it's such a pleasant experience when others genuinely enjoy what you put out.

I wasn't familiar with Santa Fe homes so I looked them up and wow, I can see the resemblance. :sweat_smile: I might have unintentionally made that style of home without even realizing it. They kinda remind me of traditional desert homes but more modern. Which is a bit ironic since I built this house because I dislike the modern style.
  • Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

Great updates everyone.
    @Sims4MagicalTales Elena is very cute, so sad she was bullied in school :'(
    @Sprottenham Love Lise Veronica Motor-Notesen's artbreeder photo.
    @Nikkei_Simmer Love your survival story, hope you continue that one.
    @MantleJackal Beautiful house :)

My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options

@emorrill : Surely Gaston de Bonneville descends from a noble French family. So romantic compared to the English gentleman :D
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    I threw Alicia into Artbreeder.
    GigwJdi.png
    ...and this is what I came up with...
    Dhhs2F0.jpg
    Rather attractive girl...to say the least.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options

Appaloosa County
    Chapter 2: River Village Immigrants

Year 1 – February

Ethan Parrott and Jiro Nara met at the playground outside Appaloosa Avenue Fashion. They spend a great afternoon together.

qoiBVug.jpg

For the first time since their divorce, Jazlyn and Kanoa ran into each other at The Watering Hole. Somehow, there was some mutual attraction left, despite all the really bad stuff they had been through.

0LguelK.jpg

Greg Preston and Myra Frances, went out to dine at The Foxtrot Exclusive.

i1ZX60E.jpg

For the first time Johnny came to visit Norma Dahl, at the Nara family household.

Y5L0azx.jpg

Daichi received a lot of love and affection from daddy.

7w7qutT.jpg

Some people (incl. Benjamin & Sally) got stock in elevator chaos, had to use “reset sim”. Otherwise, everything autonomously.

mSWt9DG.jpg

• Options

@Sprottenham : I like the mod that allows the sims to do more things with their babies and toddlers
    Thanks for mentioning, installed and looking forward to use, especially curious if the do any of that auto.

• Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,174 Member
    @emorill Thanks for letting me know you have enjoyed my posts, and as for the movie.. hmm, I'll consider it, though I suspect it might not be my favourite genre as of right now. :P

@Tamijo Thanks. ;)

Oh, and yes, the 'take care of toddler/child mod' (forgot it's actual name right now..) is definately autonomous, and works like a charm.. unless there is a toddler that wants to splash in puddles outside, but that's not a fault of the mod..
    I thought I had found a way to disable the 'toddler splash in puddle' action using NRAAS Retuner, but it only worked for a while and then stopped working.. Yeah, toddlers splashing in puddles when it rains is cute and funny the first few times.. after that it's only an annoyance, and a 'feature' I would rather see left out.. Parents do not want to willingly carry their toddler out to splash in puddles when they originally wanted to feed them! Atleast mine don't....

@Nikkei_Simmer Maybe it's just me, but I think you're artbreeder photos look more realistic than mine. I don't know if you do something else with them, but I find the options for tweaking in Artbreeder to be a bit limited.

(Goes into artbreeder and drags the Chaos slider for the first time.. )

Oh, well that was something different. Maybe I should use that one a little more.. it certainly upped the cuteness factor if I dragged it towards negative values. Right, well I'm still getting to know the tool, and I suppose I've been a bit conservative with dragging on the sliders.

@Katofhyrule12 Yeah, I bought the bohemian 'pack' to when it was on sale a while back. It was alright, but nothing special to me. The extra plants and the 'String of lights' was nice, but what I really wanted was more bohemian style clothing, especially for male sims, but the pack had none. Only female clothes, so it was kind of.. meh. I only got it though because for some reason or other the store keeps rewarding me with 1000 simpoints every time I log in, so in essence I shouldn't complain seeing as how I pretty much got it for free anyway. ;)

I still don't know why I get those points, if it's a bug or mistake or if it's supposed to be that way, but.. free stuff is free stuff, so I'll take it...

---

Next chapter is in the works and should be posted later today.
  • Options

@Katofhyrule12 Yeah, I bought the bohemian 'pack' to when it was on sale a while back. It was alright, but nothing special to me. The extra plants and the 'String of lights' was nice, but what I really wanted was more bohemian style clothing, especially for male sims, but the pack had none. Only female clothes, so it was kind of.. meh. I only got it though because for some reason or other the store keeps rewarding me with 1000 simpoints every time I log in, so in essence I shouldn't complain seeing as how I pretty much got it for free anyway. ;)

I still don't know why I get those points, if it's a bug or mistake or if it's supposed to be that way, but.. free stuff is free stuff, so I'll take it...

I like the athletic dress, the pouf chair, the lights, and mostly the PLANTS. You cannot buy the plants alone anymore. I wish I got free points. Good for you!!! I have invested some serious money into the store recently. I don't regret it, but I also do not think I am being charged fair prices. I expect this game to become unplayable in the near future, but I decided to worry about today today and I wanted the stupid plants more than I wanted anything else that I could have spent the money on. I used to say that money is only paper. Now money is just 1s and 0s. It is not even as real as paper. How can I decide what is fair about something that is not even real. Money is not real. The game is not real. The Bohemian Garden is not real. I give up and just do what I WANT to do. LOL.

• Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,247 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer

A skintone I had missed, thanks for the link.
  • Options
    @Katofhyrule12 Well, now that I looked at it again, I'm sure the chair could also be a cool thing to use, I just haven't gotten around to it in game yet. ;)

I dread for the day the game becomes unplayable.. but when that happens, it will probably be the death of 'sims style' gaming for me. I'm to invested in my current sims to want to start something new in another game. Doesn't matter what it's called, if it's Sims 5, Paralives or Life by you...

Oh, don't get me started being all philosophical about what's real and not.. ;)

Also, the next update is finished...

Chapter 17.6 – November 2023: part II – Storslagent! Nei, legendarisk er ordet!

The title is always the last thing to be decided, and in this case it just felt natural to have it be in my native tongue and not in english.. you'll see where that came from right at the end.

Also, I had to split this one into two posts, because I think I may just have exceeded the number of words allowed for one post.. Anyway, I'll try to give a summary (without spoiling the posts to much...) and links here. I apologize in advance for hitting you with this 'absolute novel' of an update...

Screenshot-35.jpg

Margrethe was still over at Lise Veronicas house after having spent the night in a sleeping bag on the floor in her room. When Lise Veronica woke up, she still thought about the relationship between her and Kristina, but was a little hesitant to invite her over..

Screenshot-75.jpg

However, with some encouragement from mom and Margrethe, she decided to give it a shot. ;)

Screenshot-117.jpg

So.. without revealing the answer, the girls go to spend an entire day hanging out together, at the bowling alley, the bistro and the arcade hall..

Chapter 17.6 – November 2023: part II – Storslagent! Nei, legendarisk er ordet! (Continued)

Screenshot-286.jpg

..and after a long day, when Lise Veronica finally makes it home for the night, she begins to talk about her mom's job in science to bring the topic over to a new friend she met during the day... hoping that mom will approve. ;)

..and just when Lise Veronica went to bed, it was concluded that this day was really fun! No, magnificent would be a much more fitting word! But even that wasn't enough to describe this day.. it was simply legendary! And that.. spoiler alert.. is where the title of the chapter came from... :P (I realized I couldn't show the very last picture here, because that would also spoil who Lise Veronicas new friend is..)

Todays Artbreeder picture:

eNczfLt.jpg

This is Kristina Reppe (14 years old). She is a very sweet and family oriented girl. Already at her young age she really enjoys to care for toddlers and children, especially her younger sister Emmy, and one day she dreams of starting a family and watching her own kids grow up... She respects her mom and dad, and very much looks up to her older sister Inge, who is at university studying art with her boyfriend.
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,828 Member
    I am far enough behind that I am only replying to those who sent me messages, then will comment on posts from the most recent three pages.

@Sims4MagicalTales You're welcome.

@Silverofdreams30 You're welcome.

@Tamijo It's a decent game, and you don't have to know a lot about Harry Potter to play it. However, it does help to have knowledge of the lore, otherwise this is going to be the first time some people would ever meet these characters. It's a prequel, in a sense, up until Year 8 of the game. Then Year 8 takes place during the first Harry Potter book.

Will continue at page 4482
    UUaSdlP.jpg
  • Options
    Hi everyone! Chapter Twelve: Frozen in Love is up now!

Gigi's wedding day arrives and with it a chance for Francesca to showcase her skills.

Screenshot-70.jpg
    Gen-7-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    @lizzielilyy I did not know you could make ice sculptures like that! Wow!

@Sprottenham I do not think I will start over again either. I am not old enough to have the attitude that I have, but I just keep not bothering to start over when parts of my life crash. Everything is more work and more money for less results. So many people are planning on enjoying a golden era for Sims 4. I hope they get it, but I will lose them both at the same time that I give up on Windows. Which may be sooner than later.

I am reinstalling Windows again today. I cannot play either game until I am done reinstalling everything. My laptop was frying itself. Last time my laptop was freezing. The problem is Windows not my game. I only got a few weeks before having to strip it again and I am still learning to play both games. I did not have any long saves.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    @Sprottenham - It's a mixture of the Chaos and Art sliders. If you slide the art slider towards the right, you will get more art-like images. Chaos tends to scramble the features more...so use it judiciously. I tend to go all the way left with my ART slider and I do that through several run-throughs just to make darned certain that it takes.
    tnwTpxa.png
    BTW...this is Samantha Gray. ~evil smirk~ Oh...she is sooooo pretty. Shigeo's a lucky man.
    1Gcjyo7.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    @Nikkei_Simmer Oh yeah, I think I get it. Thanks.. now I'm gonna have to go back to experiment and remake the artbreeder images I have already made.. Also, I was thrown off by how yours looked different, then I found there was an old version too to use. It's a little better to have all the sliders on one page and a bigger image to the left.

*edit: New version. I think they look a little better.

96fDKHR.png
    Ranveig Motorsen (45 years old).

hut6QGC.png
    Kathrine Kråke-Karlsen (44 years old)

nw8MX14.png
    Morten Kråke-Karlsen (12 years old)

6hhiOwr.png
    Lise Veronica Motor-Notesen (13 years old)

tH4c5tr.png
    Kristina Reppe (14 years old)
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
  • Options
    @Katofhyrule12 I got very creative with nraas debug enabler but I think it paid off ☺️
    Gen-7-982x250-1.jpg