This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,937 Member
    Updates from me: I bulldozed the whole of Roaring Heights for my Centurion challenge and cried writing Gen IV of Evergreen :joy: i hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend 🥰
    Gen-7-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,453 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    @Sprottenham thank you. Yes, I'm about to get ready to leave home for the final performance this afternoon. We will then move all of our stuff from the theatre and return it to our storage location before heading to someone's house for a little celebration. I think everyone will be a bit too tired for the party to go on for long though. I've enjoyed the experience and am now looking forward to focusing on some videos and other artworks.

I remember those after-performance parties after we finished a run of our college choir performances. Some of them ended up in a pub-crawl. Ah...the early 90s were fun.

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 821 Member
    In the Sims 4, I stopped trying to do anything with romance and made every sim a loner. When I chose traditional traits and settings, the game refused to recognize my choices. Every traditional sim acted completely out of character. Today, I played some romance. The sims autonomously behaved according to their traits. I am afraid to get my hopes up, but ... maybe in Sims 3 it is possible for sims to have traditional relationships.

I downloaded and placed a lot of really nice community lots in Lucky Palms. Most of them have some sort of major routing glitch though. Stairways that need to be replaced, bathroom that cannot be used, junkpiles that are blocked by spawners. I read that rotating a lot is sometimes the problem. I have watched way too much arm waving and yelling today.

I have also learned not to place a house near a bar. My sim can only sleep between 3 am and 10 am. Way too much arm waving about public speakers.
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 374 Member
    edited September 2023
    I've spent the last few sessions building a house for my sims that just moved to Lucky Palms. Mainly due to the fact that I don't like any of the empty houses already available. (Not a fan of the modern house designs which Lucky Palms is full of)

Let the record show that I am not a builder and if you've seen the last house I built in Isla Paradiso that I posted in this thread previously than you already know. :flushed:

This house took me three days to complete and it wouldn't be the Sims 3 if it didn't crash on me once while building it. (CAStyle was a bit too much for my laptop to handle.) I'm quite happy with the results and there's just something different about looking at a house that you built rather than someone else.

I will say that I took inspiration for the shell of the house from desert house builds in Minecraft. What can I say, there are some impressive builds in that game. :wink:

So let's get the house tour underway.

eNXFgKe.jpg
    As you can see this is the main exterior of the house. Now if you've seen my last build you probably notice something...different about this one.

That's right. There's landscaping. *Cue anime WOW sound effect*

And look at that terrain painting. It's as neat as a pin.

JuEFpdW.jpg
    The house includes a detached garage and just like the front entrance has lights to help you find your way in the dark. Isn't that nice?

Hv9tDyO.jpg
    o9Zjbz0.jpg
    VjFgyB6.jpg
    One of many patios that the house provides. Here you can relax with friends and family under the shade of the canopy with a refreshing glass of lemonade as you admire the desert landscape. *Lemonade not included*

0iXu4gU.jpg
    HK6MCJP.jpg
    Patio #2 with a romantic loveseat draped in cooling sheets surrounded by local floral. It's facing the front of the house so it's not the most private, but don't worry. The location of the house ensures that you'll get absolutely little to no contact with your neighbors! So much so that you don't even see another house until you get into town. How convenient!

kPJ1V64.jpg
    Here you can see a lovely yucca garden in full bloom. Not nearly as romantic as roses, but at least you have a garden. Not many Sims can say the same.

i1TFJqj.jpg
    Patio #3 and #4 stacked atop each other. One for lounging and one for standing. Decisions, decisions. :relaxed:

XEaShhs.jpg
    voOpte3.jpg
    We now reached the backyard where we get to see even more landscaping. Look at that manicured lawn, the trim bushes, the cacti whose needles have been removed. It doesn't get better than this, folks!

w4jw7Oz.jpg
    hQ8HpMy.jpg
    We also have a gazebo complete with hot tub and domino set. Why would you need a hot tub in a desert? For the cold nights of course!

PDUuwiD.jpg
    Let's get a closer look of the gazebo. There is an outdoor grill and counter space to prepare food for the whole family. Plenty of seating at the dining table and a fire pit in case you weren't hot enough. There is even a pizza oven and an outdoor fireplace. For the cold nights obviously!

xlJ2NDf.jpg
    VHdnIYy.jpg
    In all seriousness those intersecting lights were a pain to set up because the canopy is always visible. I have to seriously mess with the camera just to even get close to see what I'm doing. And don't even get me started on trying to get the lights in place. They would go everywhere except where I wanted them. :confounded:

Finally we make it to the air conditioned interior of the house. The desert sun is merciless.

RvwhY6Z.jpg
    The front entrance greets you as you make your way inside. The dark oak flooring and light beige walls provides a striking contrast, making the green of the plants stand out even more. There is seating near the entrance so you can rest your feet after coming home from a long day or a place to wait before heading out.

HrW65Nr.jpg
    5p4gI22.jpg
    roAmHGa.jpg
    bbM7jok.jpg
    Now you might be wondering, "Gee, this house sure is spacious!" and right you are! You'll never have to worry about space in this house. Room for the whole family and maybe the whole neighborhood. *We do not recommend inviting the whole neighborhood*

Just look at this kitchen. *Slaps top of kitchen* This bad boy can hold so many sims.
    CPnM8Nr.jpg

We even have a large dining area and your own in house bar. Drinks for all!
    ZJDR4FM.jpg
    A6KrmCH.jpg

Now, you might also be wondering, "What's behind those three doors we saw earlier?" well wonder no more we'll show you.

OwuZI9u.jpg
    A guest bedroom for the in-laws, your neighbors, your spouse/fiance/boyfriend/girlfriend/lover whom you have an argument with and kicked out the bedroom, or yourself because you got kicked out. Complete with native themed furniture that is present throughout the house.

6KCYqZA.jpg
    There's even a tiny closet present in all bedrooms. How nice. :blush:

VQ8Z2Ih.jpg
    ZuSUlTf.jpg
    A laundry room complete with fully functioning washer and dryer. We wouldn't want you airing all you're dirty laundry, would we? :smirk:

bp2utEQ.jpg
    hhcRtCm.jpg
    The smallest half bathroom in all of Simlandonia. Don't worry, you can make a complete turn in it. *Complete turns not guaranteed.*

Iei61QY.jpg
    vjJZoR6.jpg
    HyWUPeK.jpg
    To wrap up the first floor we have the living room complete with a reading nook, large TV, and direct access to porch #3.

ibud6N9.jpg
    Upstairs we're greeted with two large windows in view of the gazebo. Letting you spy- I mean see the goings on outside. :innocent:

mWT8N2U.jpg
    Reading nook #2.

SQmTOyo.jpg
    Two doors, one leads to the master bedroom and the other leads to the office.

4fcSPvr.jpg
    fUyIUn8.jpg
    rV2rBOd.jpg
    A well decorated office with direct access to porch #2 to relax after a long day of morally dubious business dealings. :blush:

What do I mean by morally dubious? Uh... *cough* Moving on to the master bedroom. Here you have direct access to porch #1 that doubles as an alternate entrance and exit to the house. Why would you need that? For convenience, of course! Who wouldn't want to walk through the front door and straight into bed after work? Exactly. :relieved:

4yoetIp.jpg
    queECWJ.jpg
    Just look at those pillows! They're so feathery soft it's like you're resting on a cloud.

4UkK72A.jpg
    And we can't forget the wine to share with that special sim. :wink:*wine not included*

6ZYICPU.jpg
    Qd4qjng.jpg
    To sweeten the deal, the master includes an en suite, luxury bathroom.

We're reaching the end of our tour as we make our way to the third and final floor.

JIEvySo.jpg
    dno9NC6.jpg
    A nursery for your bundle of joy.

TnRBiRT.jpg
    yW91Y78.jpg
    A large children's bedroom that can house four kids at once! Complete with a single dresser, desk, laptop, mirror, and closet. Not enough stuff to accommodate all the kids? You know what they say, sharing is caring. :grin: Don't worry, by the time they're teens they'll have the living situation all sorted out. :relaxed:

BLCgYta.jpg
    A bedroom perfect for a growing teen who needs their own space. Who gets the room? That's up to you. Or you could leave it to the kids. They'll definitely have a calm discussion on who gets the room that won't devolve into chaos.

If the bickering becomes too much we have the perfect escape: The Zen Room.
    kjB84d6.jpg
    MvkQW5t.jpg
    1yYAwQQ.jpg
    Ah. I feel relaxed already.

To end this tour we have the bathroom.
    nmM7zAv.jpg
    bAKO6cm.jpg
    gfAMqNw.jpg
    Just like the bedrooms, the little ones will sort out the bathroom situation just fine. :relaxed:

Now I'm sure you're dying to know what the price of this piece of desert paradise is. Well, all of this can be yours for the low, low price of [REDACTED]!

Apply now!
    Post edited by MantleJackal on
  • Options
    CharlieBleuCharlieBleu Posts: 177 Member
    What happened today was a fire, flirting, and death. The story is in my Legacy blog. Here's a couple extra images though.
    QGD9LPP.jpg
    Emma just divorced you? Wanna date?
    qJLDr3H.jpg
    You're cute. Whats your name?
    I'm Ariana, here's my number.
    Z8BaeJf.jpg
    Gunther reminds me of Ozzy Osbourne.
    hYCjhU5.jpg
    Both pets have died now :cry:
    Feel free to add me to your Sims 3 friend list! I'm DMCharlie2017
  • Options
    @Katofhyrule12 that’s so strange with how the game reacted to those traits, I’ve not noticed it in 3 before so hopefully that’s better! I’ve also not played Lucky Palms before I had no idea it’s so glitchy. I always wondered about bars so thank you for that tip!

@MantleJackal that build is gorgeous, and huge! I must say your advert had me giggling in several places “we do not recommend inviting the whole neighbourhood” :joy:

@CharlieBleu so much in one small update! I feel like I know Gunther personally these days from writing Evergreen and he’s got some Ozzy in that eyeliner for sure :joy:
    Gen-7-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    Z8BaeJf.jpg
    Gunther reminds me of Ozzy Osbourne.

I love him!

• Options
    edited September 2023
    I've spent the last few sessions building a house for my sims that just moved to Lucky Palms.

And look at that terrain painting. It's as neat as a pin.

JuEFpdW.jpg

A nursery for your bundle of joy.

JIEvySo.jpg

I love using that same terrain paint in lucky Palms! I have only recently learned to use terrain paints in Sims 3. It is a necessity to change the terrain when placing gallery lots in Lucky Palms that were created in greener worlds.

I love your whole house, but I especially love your nursery! I have not built anything from scratch in Lucky Palms, but I have started downloading and placing lots and gradually learning to customize them.
    @Katofhyrule12 ... I’ve also not played Lucky Palms before I had no idea it’s so glitchy.

Lucky Palms is not glitchy. I find it the easiest world to play and build in. It is the downloaded lots that have the glitches and it seems rotating lots during the placement process is what causes some of the glitches, especially with spawners and stairs and anything that was placed with the move objects cheat. Fixing glitchy lots is gradually forcing me to learn a bit about building, so I guess that is good in the long-run, even if it frustrating and discouraging short-term. I have learned so much from playing in Lucky palms the past two weeks. Initially I was really concerned that the current price for such an old game was unfair, but I have enjoyed and learned enough playing the world that I have already gotten my money's worth. Playing in Lucky Palms has prepared me to play better in other worlds. I was never brave enough or inspired enough to make such extensive changes to those other worlds. It is easier to build with less lag, and at least for me, Lucky Palms has a lot less lag than the worlds with more trees.

In less than two weeks, I have come a LONG way in learning to play this game! It won't be long before I will find it easier to play in Sims 3 than in Sims 4. I prefer to play in Sims 3 already, but I still do not know how to play Sims 3 as well as I know how to play Sims 4.

Moonwood Mills was a great world to start playing Sims 4, but Moonlight Falls was not a good world to learn to play Sims 3. Lucky Palms has great lore, but not much that NEEDS to be learned to successfully play there. Sims 4 Base Game comes with a desert world. I wish EA would make Lucky Palms free. It is a great world for beginners to play in. I don't think they have any incentive to encourage beginners to play Sims 3, though.

• Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 374 Member
    @lizzielilyy @Katofhyrule12 @Sims4MagicalTales

Aw, thank you all so much! :blush:

I have to say that build is by far my best one. Than again there isn't a lot of builds to compare it too, lol.

If there's one thing I took away from this is that building is a lot harder than it looks. Not to mention time consuming. (Although I suppose the time it takes depends on the build)

I don't know how Sims builders do it, but you guys have my respect because there are some insane builds out there that no doubt took so much time and effort.
  • Options
    edited September 2023

If there's one thing I took away from this is that building is a lot harder than it looks.

I need to watch some building tutorials. I love the end results in Sims 3 builds, but I think it might be easier to build in Sims 4. Maybe partly because of what is NOT possible in Sims 4. LOL. The area of playing Sims 3 that I am still struggling the most is the building.

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,104 Member
    @emorrill your praaven pics make me want to play it again,
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,174 Member
    @emorill I think it's the last option, because I have never actually seen the Beauty and the Beast movie. :P

Also, here is the next post. Again, didn't necessarily go 100 % according to what I had wanted, but when does it ever? :P

For the next chapter, I switched households to the Motor-Notesen family because they have a toddler that's gonna age up not to long after New Years, and I wanted to make sure beforehand that he has the skills necessary to give him a good childhood. ;)

It's also convenient to do so, as it can give Lise Veronica an opportunity to solve the problem that has arisen between her and Kristina.. however, that didn't happen in this chapter, because Kristina was just to busy to talk... so hmm, it's gonna take a little while longer..

Chapter 17.6 – November 2023 - The hardest word?

Screenshot-92.jpg

Since Kristina is so busy and has no time for her, instead she invites over her best friend Margrethe to hang out and talk..

Screenshot-175.jpg

..maybe she has something clever to say? Or atleast be one to listen and understand?

zpESSSQ.png
    Also another artbreeder photo. This is Lise Veronica Motor-Notesen (13 years old). One day when she gets old enough to live on her own, she dreams of living in a house full of animals... but for now, she has to live by mom and dads rules. So far the most sneaky and rebellious of all the teenagers, perhaps only rivaled there by her cousin Kleopatra.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Quick question: Is swimming the only way to increase athleticism if you do not have a gym? (I'm playing a castaway game where the sims don't have access to any gym equipment at all. But there's water all around the island. So I was thinking about having them go swimming. ~evil smirk~ Plus it's hot as heck. It's 24C which is toasty warm (to us Canadians). 75F for you Americans. No, I wasn't going to make it 94 or 3 digits. You think I want my sims to spontaneously combust. 🤣

NRAAS Relativity is set at 2 - These are going to be LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG days.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    ~deleted~ to switch to second post.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited September 2023
    @Nikkei_Simmer They could swim or go running (around in circles?). Depends how big the island is.. (unless somehow they would need a path or a road to actually go running.. I'm assuming the island doesn't have such things.)

*edit:

@Sims4MagicalTales Thanks. ;) Lise Veronica is happy about your compliment. :P :P
  • Options
    Nope, no roads, no paths. Just an island, a lot of grass, a fishing spot and about three lots (no houses). They're pretty much "on their own" out here.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer yep it would need to be jogging or swimming, I think they need that first level to be able to jog but they don't need paths or anything you'd just need to keep sending them (hopefully the diameter of the island is far enough) I don't know the rules of this particular challenge but you could take the pull up bar from Showtime and CAStyle to make it look like wood from a tree or something?
    Gen-7-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Happy September! Chapter Eleven: Love in Bloom is up now!

Francesca keeps her lunch date with Anson and finds common ground. Meanwhile Joseph and Gigi move to a new level in their careers and relationship.

Screenshot-36.jpg
    Gen-7-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Lonely Island Survival
    Chapter 1

Day 1

"What a miserable existence"...Stuck on an island with not even the slightest bit of essentials. This wasn't going to be easy, but having been dropped off on an island to somehow make their existence. There was nary a soul in sight. River McIrish-Chikamori and Haruo Chikamori were completely and utterly broke; with nothing other than the high-school diplomas they had in their pockets; like that would actually do anything for them in this situation. There was nothing else that they could barter with.
    lvb9sKd.jpg
    And the sun beat down on them with a callous disregard for their comfort. What can we do? River thought as she pondered the sleeping bag in front of her. Do we sit here and bemoan our fate and potentially starve or figure out what we can do to survive on this island? Because I sure as heck am not going to starve.
    c6tLlwK.jpg
    "You know...we could go fishing..." her husband's comment out of the blue startled her.
    7HgMIgY.jpg
    "That sounds like a very good idea. At least we won't starve. And frankly, we can also go swimming too. That's going to increase our athleticism which will mean that we won't get winded if we have to do stuff like cutting down trees for shelter and all that."
    VXHJqPA.jpg
    Haruo grinned at her, "So...swimming it is...then...and once we feel like we've got a handle on it, then we go fishing so that at least we can eat tonight."
    IetdRor.jpg
    So it was off to drench themselves in the surf...
    D2VoEBs.jpg
    Taking ginger steps into the water to make sure that they didn't step on anything that could potentially hurt them like a hook...or maybe a stonefish (which would end their situation pretty darned quickly) - they set out to go swim
    G6r1xJP.jpg
    "The water is so nice and warm...c'mon..." River coaxed her husband into the water.
    A60B2kf.jpg
    "I'm comin'..." Her husband shot back. "I'm just enjoying the view..."
    cYF2sbo.jpg
    ...he commented as River dunked her head underwater...to get her hair nice n' drenched.
    l33Y5C2.jpg
    "Oh...that's so much nicer. My head can now feel the breeze." River sighed in absolute bliss. She challenged her husband to swim to a little bay on the other side of the island. Luckily tides weren't too strong and as they were neophyte swimmers, they were lucky to not get hooked by any riptides. They decided to fish since it didn't feel as if the swimming did anything for them and they were getting hungry.
    8lLR4Go.jpg
    wR813GQ.jpg
    After about two and a half hours, River was starting to get a bit annoyed that Haruo in that interval of time had managed to catch 2 anchovies and a sea sludge while all she'd managed to hook had been a one measly sewer trilobite. If it was a sewere trilobite, what the heck was it doing in the ocean? Well...I guess there were no sewer pipes to hang out in. River thought to herself.
    vDUEkUs.jpg
    KlkGCa2.jpg
    ...and one jelly fish...neither of which were edible.
    50GMWlg.jpg
    She rolled her eyes in disgust. At this rate she was going to have to sponge off her husband to get anything to eat.
    U0EVSxk.jpg
    "Hey, hon..." her husband interrupted her squalid reverie, "I thought I saw a fishing spot while we were swimming...a pond from where I could see as we rounded the point. How about you go fish at that place and I'll go explore the island and see what I can find. Whattaya say?"
    iizaGoL.jpg
    "I guess it's better than not being able to eat tonight..." sighed River. She'd really wanted to stay together on this island; who knew what was roaming around here, but somehow they had to figure out how to get something decent to eat. And of course, she knew for a fact that her husband wouldn't hesitate to give her his sole fish, if he'd only caught one. He loved her and he'd go hungry just to make certain that she was fed. So after some inward fighting with her own self-doubt, she agreed.
    IbvkHHn.jpg
    "I guess that's what we're going to have to do..."
    paMYkfl.jpg
    RMd0pWB.jpg
    Oh...so that's the pond he meant...it looks as though there's fish in it...
    5PuGxRl.jpg
    River took a moment to assess the pond's inhabitants before throwing her hook in.
    ZzJb7x5.jpg
    2v1qttE.jpg
    AK56Mz4.jpg
    Haruo, on the other hand, had come across what looked to be a building.
    WhU2qio.jpg
    MIuP7zp.jpg
    The building appeared to have two dumpsters in front of it and an easel. That was going to make things really interesting. He could dumpster-dive and sell whatever he found. And River could create art and that could potentially make things easier for them. But that also meant that he and River would have to go back and get their sleeping bags.
    dpjMdRq.jpg
    There also appeared to be a ready fire-pit waiting for things to be roasted on it.
    HOR8sGB.jpg
    ...and there was a ready shower, toilet and sink to be used in a shrubbed off area for privacy. But there didn't appear to be much else. But that would be enough in any case.
    OlxjSuC.jpg
    Wvu9gJa.jpg
    He was going to dumpster dive in order to see if he could find something. Perhaps there would be something that he could find and sell.
    RDIORtJ.jpg
    After all, the rustic cabin looked as though it was a trading post. So...he walked over to the dumpster and started rummaging through them to see if there was something that he could find valuable.
    sXU3s8R.jpg
    Oh what wonderful new smells, I've discovered. Haruo was just grateful he didn't end up upchucking. Whoever threw out the two week old calzone should be tortured. They could have composted it.

Trailing a nasty cloud of smell, he walked into the trading post and found that there was a consignment person he could sell the finds to and sold the barbecue that he had found. It was a nice one and perhaps if he found another one, maybe when he had enough money, he could keep it rather than consign it. Anyhow...the next pit-stop was a shower and he needed one badly unless he wanted to ruin poor River's olfactory nerves for good. He figured Mine are already shot, I can't smell a thing. If I didn't know any better, I'd think I smell like a bed of roses. So it was: into the shower and wash off, then head back to the pond where he'd told River about.
    8yfOW8M.jpg
    BLZEbwL.jpg
    And of course, he found her still there, her hair still damp and slicked back...and that was due to the voluminous amounts of water cascading from the waterfall kicking up a spray that if Haruo stood too close he would end up soaked. River looked much happier since she'd hooked an alley catfish and a rainbow trout, three luminous salamanders and a toad. That was quite the haul. Maybe she would end up selling the luminous salamanders, the sewer trilobite and the toad. He suggested it.

They headed back to the clearing which Haruo had found and the "trading post".
    4zQua77.png
    0L8ob13.png
    At the end of the day (5PM) once the trades closed and they were paid out - less the shop's take, they were §1,568.00 richer than they were when they started out - which was §0.00 at the beginning of the day.

The rest of the day would be theirs or if they wanted to, they could make a head start on tomorrow's amount.
    eazT6oW.jpg
    ...and the sky turned golden as the sun went down on the day. The rest of the evening would be shrouded in darkness as they made their way back to their home-lot.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    It's zero-dark-thirty (12:30) and I'm on TSR looking for wedding dresses, tiaras and bridesmaid dresses...for two chapters ahead. TSR is a dangerous site. You can be on there for hours.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,247 Member
    Great updates!