Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Official Countdown Thread (Released)

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,400 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    Do you guys think there will be some Native American townies/inspiration in the pack? I think the second main woman in the trailer was Native American.

That's confirmed in the community blog:

SACRED HEALING CIRCLE

“Indigenous people have always had a deep, spiritual relationship with horses,” says Stacey Parshall Jensen, The Sims’ friend and sensitivity reader who collaborated on The Sims 4 Horse Ranch. “They’re a symbol of power. They provide healing and represent freedom and bravery to our Indigenous culture.”

Together with The Sims team, Stacey worked to co-create food, home items, and clothing that are represented in Horse Ranch, reflecting elements of Native American culture. To celebrate the launch of this pack, The Sims team is making a donation to Sacred Healing Circle, a 100% Indigenous founded and led organization working to support Indigenous communities through preserving traditional methodologies and practices, including the Native American Horse Preservation and Research Program. This program helps to preserve the Native American Horse, as well as protects the traditional and historical knowledge surrounding the horse and Indigenous People in the Americas.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Do you guys think there will be some Native American townies/inspiration in the pack? I think the second main woman in the trailer was Native American.

SACRED HEALING CIRCLE

“Indigenous people have always had a deep, spiritual relationship with horses,” says Stacey Parshall Jensen, The Sims’ friend and sensitivity reader who collaborated on The Sims 4 Horse Ranch. “They’re a symbol of power. They provide healing and represent freedom and bravery to our Indigenous culture.”

Together with The Sims team, Stacey worked to co-create food, home items, and clothing that are represented in Horse Ranch, reflecting elements of Native American culture. To celebrate the launch of this pack, The Sims team is making a donation to Sacred Healing Circle, a 100% Indigenous founded and led organization working to support Indigenous communities through preserving traditional methodologies and practices, including the Native American Horse Preservation and Research Program. This program helps to preserve the Native American Horse, as well as protects the traditional and historical knowledge surrounding the horse and Indigenous People in the Americas.

Yes! I’m glad about this 😊
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member

SACRED HEALING CIRCLE

Wonderful!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    edited June 2023
    I loved the western town scenes. I hope the town looks the way it did in the trailer. The interactions with the toddlers and smaller animals was cute too. It looked like there was a pretty big cook out BBQ cooker too. I can’t wait for the barn makers to start making barns!
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,176 Member
    @alanmichael1 Thanks for that link/info. Even with all my knowledge of horses I never knew that there were for sure native horses here b4 the Spanish brought horses over to the Americas I had only heard whispers. How wonderful to be my age and still learn something.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Wait... I think we're getting a new hobby, basket weaving!

I spotted a partially finished woven basket sitting on a table in that house where the woman was stomping grapes, it was right behind her next to the new awesome country kitchen (I always love me some new kitchen stuff!).

There's no mention of it in the blog post, but surely we wouldn't get a partially finished woven basket as a decor item, would we? Surely it's a partially finished work in progress, yes? :smiley:
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Wait... I think we're getting a new hobby, basket weaving!

I spotted a partially finished woven basket sitting on a table in that house where the woman was stomping grapes, it was right behind her next to the new awesome country kitchen (I always love me some new kitchen stuff!).

There's no mention of it in the blog post, but surely we wouldn't get a partially finished woven basket as a decor item, would we? Surely it's a partially finished work in progress, yes? :smiley:

The trailer did say some images aren’t in game, but I’m really hoping you’re right!!!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,932 Member
    edited June 2023
    I love the new log cabin wall I hope we have the log ends too though for wall detail i didn't see any of that

also still no sight of saloon door and all the saloon style buildings look to be shells

so does that massive building yikes

there seems to be way to resurrect sim via nectar making

and I spotted a new gnome

also it does seem we can have sims riding without helmet thank watcher

lived for that goat attack moment
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member

SACRED HEALING CIRCLE

I’m so glad to see this!
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,336 Member
    I enjoyed this trailer a lot (normally I hate most of the trailers). It wasn't over the top in any way, shape or form, not forcibly funny, just all around cosy and really endeared the two main characters to me. The journey of the woman with the red scarf from tourist dressing up as cowboy to rancher (and soon wife of the rider?) was shown really well! Been a while since I adopted premades into my cast, but she made the cut.
    I also might have already found lot for Kine Society :sunglasses:
    edited June 2023
    I love that there's a national park with riding/hiking trails and camp spots to park our horses and pitch a tent for the night. I hope there's some fishing and swimming spots right by that beautiful waterfall.

And I spotted a new fireplace style (it was in the bar)... a wood burning stove. I have a thing for fireplaces, almost every simmie home I build has a fireplace in it... so long as there's room, I will find a spot to plunk one down.

A new fireplace, new kitchen cabs, sink, etc, and an antique woody radio... and possibly basket weaving? Happy dance!

Edit to add: Oooo and a new stone fireplace too. Yay!

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    Yes! We can milk the goats! So we should be able to make goat cheese too!
    an antique woody radio

Where was that I want to see but I can't find it
    I wonder if the shutters on window are wall decal and can be placed to whichever window you like
    I sure hope so and it does look like theres many windows with shutters
    Simmingal wrote: »
    an antique woody radio

It's in one of the leaked screenshots (not in the trailer video), the one that shows the inside of the bar. If you look up at the second floor, you can spot the antique radio. It's a wooden cathedral style tabletop radio (I have one just like it in my home and it still works):
    CxtTdTD.jpg

This is a similar style built by Philco in 1931 (my husband is a collector of antique/retro stereos, radios, etc):
    Wc1cUkp.jpg

I'm assuming the radio is functional and not just a decor item? :)

• ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    SO excited! The pack of my dream is so close yet so far (wish it was end of this month). Can't wait to make Epona from Legend of Zelda, wonder if there will be unicorns :love:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,176 Member
    Player piano in the bar. Wonder if it will work as one which would be cool.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Player piano in the bar. Wonder if it will work as one which would be cool.

That would be cool! Click on the piano and choose "play some ragtime". :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6WecNkVJE0
  • MeTime85MeTime85 Posts: 142 Member
    This is giving Oregon Trail!
    For-forum.jpg
    Simmingal wrote: »
    an antique woody radio

It's in one of the leaked screenshots (not in the trailer video), the one that shows the inside of the bar. If you look up at the second floor, you can spot the antique radio. It's a wooden cathedral style tabletop radio (I have one just like it in my home and it still works):
    CxtTdTD.jpg

This is a similar style built by Philco in 1931 (my husband is a collector of antique/retro stereos, radios, etc):
    Wc1cUkp.jpg

I'm assuming the radio is functional and not just a decor item? :)

oh wow thats some intense spotting :lol:
    I hadn't even thought of looking in there
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,384 Member

I hope so.
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    Am I the only one who believes they had this EP made a while ago and for some reason decided to wait until now to release it? Because the less than one month away release date makes me think they had this pack made already, probably way back when they made the Cottage Living EP, and decided to hold out on us, testing the waters on how many of us really wanted horses (and the threat of Paralives and Life by You) probably made them say 'well heck, let's give them what they want.'
    Am I the only one who believes they had this EP made a while ago and for some reason decided to wait until now to release it? Because the less than one month away release date makes me think they had this pack made already, probably way back when they made the Cottage Living EP, and decided to hold out on us, testing the waters on how many of us really wanted horses (and the threat of Paralives and Life by You) probably made them say 'well heck, let's give them what they want.'

I seem to remember the packs take at least 3 years to make so :sweat_smile: its not like they started yesterday they most definitely are making packs we know nothing of as we speak

also I really doubt paralife by you has anything to do with what they release and when