Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did they remove alien abduction pregnancy?

Comments

• GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    edited June 2023
    @PenguinFoop Sorry for the late reply. Not sure if it helps, but here's the answers to your questions.

I don't have Growing Together. I do have Get Together. (You asked about Get Together, but I think you meant Growing Together..?)

The recent pregnancy happened (I think) between patches PC: 1.95.207.1030 / Mac: 1.95.207.1230 (Jan 31) and PC: 1.96.365.1030 / Mac: 1.96.365.1230 (infants patch Mar 10). But I'm not 100% sure. It might have been after the infants patch. My screenshots of it date to March 20. But I don't patch right away, because I wait for the mods I use to get updated. So I'm not sure if I had patched to the infants patch by then or not. I did have a lot of mods in the game when it happened, but none of them deal with pregnancy or alien abductions in any way. The save I was in when it happened was a brand new save, with a brand new character. The alien abduction was triggered by a cheat, but I was not intending to get him pregnant. He got pregnant with just one abduction.

The other pregnancy (in the other save) happened quite a while a go. The screenshots of him pregnant date to Aug 2, 2020. So almost three years ago. It's a long running save. He was in the scientist career and got randomly abducted a lot (around 9 or 10 times, but I'm not certain exactly) but only has gotten pregnant once so far (I play with aging turned off, so he's still a young adult).

EDIT correction
    I take it back. The save in which the sim recently got pregnant was created in Jan of 2023. So the save itself predates the infant patch. I'm not sure if the sim who got pregnant had that happen before or after the patch though.
    Post edited by GlacierSnow on
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Try selecting the can get pregnant in CAS & to see if that helps your Scientist to get pregnant through Alien Abduction.👽🧑🏻‍🍼
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    edited June 2023
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I've never had an alien abduction pregnancy in my game, ever, since I started playing in 2019. I have all the EPs and am fully patched. After trying for a long time, doing the things Sims are supposed to do, I just gave up and saved some aliens to my library to... use... when I wanted an alien baby.

Ever? That doesn't make sense. It sounds like maybe a file got corrupted during install? It used to be very easy to get abducted and pregnant.

Not ever. I bought GTW when it came out in 2015 and my female Sim got abducted super easy, but of course they don't get pregnant. Then I ignored the game until 2019 in favor of 2&3, so I don't know how easy pregnancies were during that time. I've read that at some point they tuned it because people were saying it was too easy. I've only had abductions when I was really making an effort and I've never had one result in pregnancy. I don't generally use mods, but I've thought about getting a mod to make it more likely (I assume there's one out there).
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I'm not sure what a Watcher is....

We're all watchers. We keep watch over our pixel people. :)
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    @PenguinFoop Sorry for the late reply. Not sure if it helps, but here's the answers to your questions.

I don't have Growing Together. I do have Get Together. (You asked about Get Together, but I think you meant Growing Together..?)

The recent pregnancy happened (I think) between patches PC: 1.95.207.1030 / Mac: 1.95.207.1230 (Jan 31) and PC: 1.96.365.1030 / Mac: 1.96.365.1230 (infants patch Mar 10). But I'm not 100% sure. It might have been after the infants patch. My screenshots of it date to March 20. But I don't patch right away, because I wait for the mods I use to get updated. So I'm not sure if I had patched to the infants patch by then or not. I did have a lot of mods in the game when it happened, but none of them deal with pregnancy or alien abductions in any way. The save I was in when it happened was a brand new save, with a brand new character. The alien abduction was triggered by a cheat, but I was not intending to get him pregnant. He got pregnant with just one abduction.

The other pregnancy (in the other save) happened quite a while a go. The screenshots of him pregnant date to Aug 2, 2020. So almost three years ago. It's a long running save. He was in the scientist career and got randomly abducted a lot (around 9 or 10 times, but I'm not certain exactly) but only has gotten pregnant once so far (I play with aging turned off, so he's still a young adult).

EDIT correction
    I take it back. The save in which the sim recently got pregnant was created in Jan of 2023. So the save itself predates the infant patch. I'm not sure if the sim who got pregnant had that happen before or after the patch though.

Ah so you haven't had a PFA since infants?
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Try selecting the can get pregnant in CAS & to see if that helps your Scientist to get pregnant through Alien Abduction.👽🧑🏻‍🍼

That's not a solution. It's supposed to be random, unexpected and out of the ordinary, not a lifestyle choice.
    I've never had an alien abduction pregnancy in my game, ever, since I started playing in 2019. I have all the EPs and am fully patched. After trying for a long time, doing the things Sims are supposed to do, I just gave up and saved some aliens to my library to... use... when I wanted an alien baby.

Ever? That doesn't make sense. It sounds like maybe a file got corrupted during install? It used to be very easy to get abducted and pregnant.

Not ever. I bought GTW when it came out in 2015 and my female Sim got abducted super easy, but of course they don't get pregnant. Then I ignored the game until 2019 in favor of 2&3, so I don't know how easy pregnancies were during that time. I've read that at some point they tuned it because people were saying it was too easy. I've only had abductions when I was really making an effort and I've never had one result in pregnancy. I don't generally use mods, but I've thought about getting a mod to make it more likely (I assume there's one out there).

Ah okay that makes more sense. And yes, abductions are easy and PFA happened quite regularly, I had a sim that got abducted I think 5 times and each resulted in pregnancy even when he quit using the satellite, they kept coming for him.
    I'm not sure what a Watcher is....

We're all watchers. We keep watch over our pixel people. :)

I'm not a Watcher, I'm a Manipulator and Abuser. I make the pixel people bow down to my commands and worship at the alter of the Almighty Controller (I'm on Xbox so yeah, controller)
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited June 2023
    I believe you have to have get to work to have aliens in your game as aliens came with get to work.

Also, I was wondering if that setting in CAS where you can say if you want male sims to be able to get pregnant has to be on yes.
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I believe you have to have get to work to have aliens in your game as aliens came with get to work.

Also, I was wondering if that setting in CAS where you can say if you want male sims to be able to get pregnant has to be on yes.

Yes, you have to have Get to Work but no, the male sim does not have to be able to get pregnant. In fact, one of my male sims was able to get pregnant in a different save and had never been pregnant from abduction (PFA), only pregnant by his husband. So I think that the option to be able to get pregnant negates PFA. which would explain why only male sims can get PFA in the first place, since female sims already can get pregnant.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I recently started trying to get a male sim abducted so he could have an alien baby. He's been snatched three or four times so far, but no pregnancy. After reading this thread I realized it might not happen for a while-if ever. So I created a female alien and dropped her and her two offspring into the household, which held 3 males. Now I have two infants and four adults. I'm not used to babies. I'm going insane. :#

I'm still using the satellite dish to call aliens, though, just in case!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member

I recently placed a satellite dish on the roof of my latest build, which I created not long after the infants patch. Delighted with myself, I tried to make alien contact - several times - but the buggers never arrived, let alone get my male protagonist pregnant. Not that he’s complaining but I am.
    The aliens either don’t like the world my sims live in, or they don’t like the concept of “infants”. Or both. Both is quite possible.

This was a vanilla test btw. I am aware that they’re quite rare and random - male pregnancies- and so to me it only happened once, as far as I can remember. This was a long, long time ago. I do love a bit of in- game chaos myself and when the noodles hit the fan, so be it. So be it, darnit. This is why I never really try to instigate alien abductions, except for the last time, when nothing alien related worked…making me rather suspicious. It didn’t happen, as mentioned above.

I’m curious now and will test it on my unsuspecting male dude. A while back I learned that one could save during a male abduction, while he’s being probed ‘n all, and keep going back to that save until the guy learns how to grow a decent belly. Now, unless you enjoy playing the Groundhog Day- kinda way, this sort of behavior would add absolutely 0 fun to the game.
    Isharell wrote: »
    I recently started trying to get a male sim abducted so he could have an alien baby. He's been snatched three or four times so far, but no pregnancy. After reading this thread I realized it might not happen for a while-if ever. So I created a female alien and dropped her and her two offspring into the household, which held 3 males. Now I have two infants and four adults. I'm not used to babies. I'm going insane. :#

I'm still using the satellite dish to call aliens, though, just in case!

Good luck with all them babies but it's not the same as when it's an extraterrestrial event that knocks the sim for a loop.
    I recently placed a satellite dish on the roof of my latest build, which I created not long after the infants patch. Delighted with myself, I tried to make alien contact - several times - but the buggers never arrived, let alone get my male protagonist pregnant. Not that he’s complaining but I am.
    The aliens either don’t like the world my sims live in, or they don’t like the concept of “infants”. Or both. Both is quite possible.

This was a vanilla test btw. I am aware that they’re quite rare and random - male pregnancies- and so to me it only happened once, as far as I can remember. This was a long, long time ago. I do love a bit of in- game chaos myself and when the noodles hit the fan, so be it. So be it, darnit. This is why I never really try to instigate alien abductions, except for the last time, when nothing alien related worked…making me rather suspicious. It didn’t happen, as mentioned above.

I’m curious now and will test it on my unsuspecting male dude. A while back I learned that one could save during a male abduction, while he’s being probed ‘n all, and keep going back to that save until the guy learns how to grow a decent belly. Now, unless you enjoy playing the Groundhog Day- kinda way, this sort of behavior would add absolutely 0 fun to the game.

Try contacting aliens between 8pm and 10pm. For some reason, if I try before 8pm, usually nothing happens at all and if it does, it's an annoying phone call.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited June 2023

Good luck with all them babies but it's not the same as when it's an extraterrestrial event that knocks the sim for a loop.

Thanks, @PenguinFoop. I know it isn't the same, but I was getting so impatient. I've been gearing myself up to trying out the new babies, I didn't realize you can't make a baby in CAS, all you can start with is infants (or maybe I'm wrong, I'm still trying to get used to the new life stage, not having played Sim offspring in years). But I decided to go for it anyway. Also, this way I can start playing an alien, which I haven't done before.

Isharell wrote: »

Thanks, @PenguinFoop. I know it isn't the same, but I was getting so impatient. I've been gearing myself up to trying out the new babies, I didn't realize you can't make a baby in CAS, all you can start with is infants (or maybe I'm wrong, I'm still trying to get used to the new life stage, not having played Sim offspring in years). But I decided to go for it anyway. Also, this way I can start playing an alien, which I haven't done before.

Yeah, you decided to jump off the deep end, my friend. Lol It will be hectic until you get your footing but you'll do fine.

As for the male pregnant from abduction, I really hope they get it sorted soon!
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    edited June 2023
    I remember a few (years?) ago they nerfed alien abductions and the alien pregnancy. So they're quite rare now. In the event that I DO get an abduction in game, I save the game while they're off talking about consent for being this alien vessel, and just check out for baby related thought bubbles or the little glow at the stomach while the alien buff still shows, if neither of these happened when the aliens 👽 buff is over (usually I get the focused one for being happy to meet aliens or the angry one) then I just reload, and wait for the reroll of the pregnancy. Upon reloading the sim will go through the abduction animation again but the passed time will still be more/less the same before they return.

To easily get an alien abduction in ts4 the following helps:

*Have space rocks on your lot (can be obtained though exploring space in the rocket, or debug)
    *Have your sim in the scientist career (usually high level, like 7 and up works)
    *using the satelite to contact aliens (obtained through invention during science career, or debug)
    *have your sim be in contact with aliens frequently, like when its alien night at the bar, make alien friends. Or have an alien room mate, or travel to sixam via rocket or portal and interact with them.
    *pure dumb luck

Thing is, when you have an alien baby your sim will get abducted again and again because they're basically always in contact with their alien charge, so to prevent this (if you want) by preventing abduction via the satelite. But I dunno why anyone would want to do that.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited June 2023
    Yep, after the first alien baby in a save abductions keep on rolling wild. At least they did before I decided to mod them out because there were too many for me and the alien face melting bug basically killed that save for me.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member

Try contacting aliens between 8pm and 10pm. For some reason, if I try before 8pm, usually nothing happens at all and if it does, it's an annoying phone call.

Thanks, I'll try this next time I'm in that particular save. I'm curious to see what happens.
    edited June 2023
    I remember a few (years?) ago they nerfed alien abductions and the alien pregnancy. So they're quite rare now. In the event that I DO get an abduction in game, I save the game while they're off talking about consent for being this alien vessel, and just check out for baby related thought bubbles or the little glow at the stomach while the alien buff still shows, if neither of these happened when the aliens 👽 buff is over (usually I get the focused one for being happy to meet aliens or the angry one) then I just reload, and wait for the reroll of the pregnancy. Upon reloading the sim will go through the abduction animation again but the passed time will still be more/less the same before they return.

*Have space rocks on your lot (can be obtained though exploring space in the rocket, or debug)
    *Have your sim in the scientist career (usually high level, like 7 and up works)
    *using the satelite to contact aliens (obtained through invention during science career, or debug)
    *have your sim be in contact with aliens frequently, like when its alien night at the bar, make alien friends. Or have an alien room mate, or travel to sixam via rocket or portal and interact with them.
    *pure dumb luck

Thing is, when you have an alien baby your sim will get abducted again and again because they're basically always in contact with their alien charge, so to prevent this (if you want) by preventing abduction via the satelite. But I dunno why anyone would want to do that.

Well, all I know is that there is supposed to be a 25% chance at pregnancy from abduction. My save has a family with one alien son from abduction.

Infants dropped and suddenly another sim has been abducted more than 10 times with 0 pregnancies, that's a 0% chance.

Before infants, pregnancy from abduction was quite common, now it's non-existent.

To put it in perspective, 25% means 1 in 4 abductions should result in pregnancy.
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    edited June 2023

*pure dumb luck

Well, all I know is that there is supposed to be a 25% chance at pregnancy from abduction. My save has a family with one alien son from abduction.

Infants dropped and suddenly another sim has been abducted more than 10 times with 0 pregnancies, that's a 0% chance.

Before infants, pregnancy from abduction was quite common, now it's non-existent.

To put it in perspective, 25% means 1 in 4 abductions should result in pregnancy.

I don't mean to be rude, but no. That's not a 0% chance its just a 0% success rate in this instance.

25% is not a guarantee that every 4th time will be a success. Every time an abduction happens, the calculation runs and you have a 75% failure rate. Every. Single. Time.

You could have 100 consecutive failed attempts. It's all up to chance. Every abduction is a new calculation.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    edited June 2023
    There's definitely a new bug/issue with this following the patches this spring.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-Abducted-males-not-getting-pregnant/td-p/12439404

PS On page 2 of the attached thread are listed some cheat codes to trigger pregnancy from abduction that might help you. There's also apparently a 'pregnancy' thing that appears in LasrException files when the game tries but fails to create an abduction pregnancy due to this bug.
  • plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 133 Member
    edited June 2023
    I just made a mod for 100% chance (just have to change one number) for alien pregnancy and it gave a last exception every time. It's definitely broken, no pregnancies though
    edited June 2023

*pure dumb luck

I don't mean to be rude, but no. That's not a 0% chance its just a 0% success rate in this instance.

25% is not a guarantee that every 4th time will be a success. Every time an abduction happens, the calculation runs and you have a 75% failure rate. Every. Single. Time.

You could have 100 consecutive failed attempts. It's all up to chance. Every abduction is a new calculation.

Okay, so I just made a spreadsheet and in cells a1:a100 I had it pick a number between 1 and 4 at random using the formula "=randbetween(1,4)". Then, I had it count how many time it chose 4 (which will represent a pregnancy), which means that as you said, each roll has a 75% chance of choosing 1 to 3, only 25% of the time it would choose 4.

It chose pregnant (4) 27% of the time because there is only a 25% chance in each roll (abduction). 100 failures can not happen if there is a 25% chance on each abduction of pregnancy. It is mathematically impossible. That's what 25% chance means. It means that in 100, there will be roughly 25. So if my sim was abducted 100 times, he should have around 25 babies.

You are right though that it doesn't mean exactly 1 pregnancy in every 4 abductions. But by 10, there should be at least 1 probably 2.

In fact, in my spreadsheet, chose pregnant 3 times by abduction 11. It won't always be 3 in 10 but that's what I came up with.
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I have skimmed the replies here so apologies if this comment is redundant and/or useless. :D

I had an alien pregnancy happen after the Growing Together release but before patches. I have just recently gotten into playing again so I will let you know if I get anything else. To be fair I have had 2 male sims abducted in this save... and both got pregnant. (I do steer away from anything alien related most of the time.)
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
    I have skimmed the replies here so apologies if this comment is redundant and/or useless. :D

I had an alien pregnancy happen after the Growing Together release but before patches. I have just recently gotten into playing again so I will let you know if I get anything else. To be fair I have had 2 male sims abducted in this save... and both got pregnant. (I do steer away from anything alien related most of the time.)

You're absolutely sure that it was after you updated to GT? If not, that's fine but if you are, that narrows it down to a patch instead of GT.

Also, is GT the name of the EP or is it the name of the infants update? They both dropped simultaneously so I get confused about what is which.
    edited June 2023
    I think it was the patch just *before* Growing Together (the patch that added infants to basegame) that changed this. The first post is from April 2023 and mentions the patch with "newborns".
    I think it was the patch just *before* Growing Together (the patch that added infants to basegame) that changed this. The first post is from April 2023 and mentions the patch with "newborns".

Okay. Hopefully if the gurus read this thread they can pass on the info? The bug has been reported so let's hope they get all of the data and pinpoint the problem. 🤞
    @PenguinFoop If you have info to pass on, please add it to the bug report at AHQ as it is guaranteed to be read by the gurus there. They don't respond to everything but they periodically assure us that they read it all.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top