Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next EP will have horses, unicorns, fairies and imaginary friends?

Comments

• EsiaEsia Posts: 67 Member
    I'm afraid goats and sheep are going to be pretty much just a reskin od llamas and cows.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    I have googled a bit, but I'd rather ask someone who actually lives there. A few questions for people who live in Arizona:

Is it summer all year long?
    Are there other plants like trees? Do the leaves change color in autumn?
    Does the snow (if it snows in winter) sticks to the ground?

I'm asking because my little seasons loving heart needs to know. 😅 I'm SO in love with the idea of horses in Sims 4, and I hope the hints are true. And for sure the world for horses will have huge areas to horsebackride. But I just can't see myself living in a world where there are no visible season changes like my beloved colorful autumn (my favourite season of the year) or the snowy wintery landscape.

I know, we could probably have horses in other worlds too, but I bet the new world will be just perfect sizewise.
    So I hope there will be 3 different areas (like in Mt. Komorebi, where one Neighborhood was snowy all year long while the others had changing seasons): One giant desert neighborhood, one giant green neighborhood with seasons, and one town center neighborhood with a Saloon, some shops like a farrier and supermarket ect. 😍

I would absolutely love this! And this way there would be something for different kind of players.

I have been through Arizona many times. A large part of it is desert, but there is a part with pine tree’s where it snows heavily too. The Grand Canyon is also in Arizona.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Esia wrote: »
    According to SimMattically there will be other animals, not just horses.

How does SimMattically know this? Does he or she work for EA? Is this a rumor or a leak?

I find the idea of other animals in the pack interesting. I wonder if they can appear in other worlds as well.
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    According to SimMattically there will be other animals, not just horses.

How does SimMattically know this? Does he or she work for EA? Is this a rumor or a leak?

I find the idea of other animals in the pack interesting. I wonder if they can appear in other worlds as well.

No clue, but for all I know SimMattically previously leaked something about Cottage Living and he was right. He also leaks object lists for kits.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    I'm afraid goats and sheep are going to be pretty much just a reskin od llamas and cows.

That would be impossible due to sheep's and goats being small.

I meant more in a way that one of them gives milk and the other wool. I'm afraid the difference will be purely esthetic. I would love to be wrong about it though.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

I meant more in a way that one of them gives milk and the other wool. I'm afraid the difference will be purely esthetic. I would love to be wrong about it though.

These types of animals are not like cats and dogs though. They don't do much of anything and people don't do much of anything with them. I'm not sure what people want these animals to do?

One thing I would like is a bigger roaming area for them. I've been using the free roam mod by lot51.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Sheeps and goats would be lovely! I wish we could get pigs too ❤

These types of animals are not like cats and dogs though. They don't do much of anything and people don't do much of anything with them. I'm not sure what people want these animals to do?

One thing I would like is a bigger roaming area for them. I've been using the free roam mod by lot51.

We could get an option of keeping herd for example.
    I like that the world is ranch world.America is very huge country we different climate, regions, and cultures.Were not all like California or New York
    Seeing another climate is nice.

I like that the world is ranch world.America is very huge country we different climate, regions, and cultures.Were not all like California or New York

America is diverse and all, sure, but the rest of the world is way more diverse and way less represented in the Sims. I'm disappointed by them choosing yet another US place while all of freaking ASIA has just one world.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I have googled a bit, but I'd rather ask someone who actually lives there. A few questions for people who live in Arizona:

I'm asking because my little seasons loving heart needs to know. 😅 I'm SO in love with the idea of horses in Sims 4, and I hope the hints are true. And for sure the world for horses will have huge areas to horsebackride. But I just can't see myself living in a world where there are no visible season changes like my beloved colorful autumn (my favourite season of the year) or the snowy wintery landscape.

I know, we could probably have horses in other worlds too, but I bet the new world will be just perfect sizewise.
    So I hope there will be 3 different areas (like in Mt. Komorebi, where one Neighborhood was snowy all year long while the others had changing seasons): One giant desert neighborhood, one giant green neighborhood with seasons, and one town center neighborhood with a Saloon, some shops like a farrier and supermarket ect. 😍

I would absolutely love this! And this way there would be something for different kind of players.

I lived in Mesa, Arizona. In the part of Arizona where I lived there wasn't ever any snow. Maybe flurries once every ten years. (I looked it up. Last snowfall there was in 1998.) Winter temperatures may drop to the forties. Usually in the sixties during the day. People have irrigated their properties and there are now all sorts of plants and trees in residential areas. The leaves don't really change colors in the fall. They just turn brown and fall off. Mesa is largely in a desert area known for the large saguaro cactus which only grow in that region called the Sonoran Desert. It looks very like the picture Simattically posted on Twitter.

Northern Arizona is different with more seasonal weather changes and lots of pine forest. It's famous for the red rock scenery of Sedona. Also the Grand Canyon. Honestly, I would think horses might be more likely to be there. Who has horses in the desert?

Canyons are all over Arizona. They are popular for hiking and camping.

I should mention that southern Arizona can get snow in the higher elevations. My brother lived 100 miles south from Mesa in Tucson. We were swimming in his pool one Christmas, and felt homesick for snow. We drove 30 minutes up a mountain to the ski resort and had a snowball fight.
    edited June 2023

America is diverse and all, sure, but the rest of the world is way more diverse and way less represented in the Sims. I'm disappointed by them choosing yet another US place while all of freaking ASIA has just one world.

Listen I am all for representation for other countries.I just think its okay for them to do both.As long as the new worlds are different unique I have no issue them picking American worlds.

Also keep in mind representing a different country respectfully is harder than it looks.They have to be respectful to the culture.You also have picked a theme that fits.
    edited June 2023

Listen I am all for representation for other countries.I just think its okay for them to do both.As long as the new worlds are different unique I have no issue them picking American worlds.

Also keep in mind representing a different country respectfully is harder than it looks.They have to be respectful to the culture.

Is Arisona-based world that deserving of representation when there is Strangerville in the game already? If they want to do so many US worlds least they could do is make them really unique, which is possible. At the beggining we got three worlds based on Louisiana alone, it was so weird.

Also they make so much money on international players they really can afford hiring consultants from different parts of the world.
    edited June 2023
    The sad part is cats and dogs take up household space so I've been using cows, llamas and chickens as pets 😂
    Whatever other animal we get I'll add them to the list.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    The sad part is cats and dogs take up household space so I've been using cows, llamas and chickens as pets 😂
    Whatever other animal we get I'll add them to the list.

One of my sims used to keep a cowplant as a pet. But that was long before we got cats and dogs. :lol: I don't mind cats and dogs taking up a household slot because they are part of family even in real life, so why wouldn't they be in the sims too? Don't like that we have to dress those other animals in order to befriend them.

Also keep in mind representing a different country respectfully is harder than it looks.They have to be respectful to the culture.

Is Arisona-based world that deserving of representation when there is Strangerville in the game already? If they want to do so many US worlds least they could do is make them really unique, which is possible. At the beggining we got three worlds based on Louisiana alone, it was so weird.

Also they make so much money on international players they really can afford hiring consultants from different parts of the world.

Oh yes it is! Strangerville has the mother plot going to it.So it's making and living in it.Its not the ideal.I don't know where you are getting three worlds that are base on lousina? The only thing I can maybe see is wilow creek?

Us getting a western style pack is welcome.

Oh yes it is! Strangerville has the mother plot going to it.So it's making and living in it.Its not the ideal.I don't know where you are getting three worlds that are base on lousina? The only thing I can maybe see is wilow creek?

Willow Creek, Magnolia Promenade and Newcrest.

I don't know what region Newcrest or Magnolia Promenade are supposed to be.

New crest is empty world that scenery looks like a genric superb or town.
    Magnolia is just a world with a few stores in it!

"Generic" is different for every part of the world. If I were to describe a generic suburb it would look plenty different than those places.
    It really is fine by me to show different sceneries from the US, but I think international players like me have a right to be annoyed by seeing so many American worlds in a row while we don't have much for the rest of the world. They have money and resources to show different parts of the world, but they choose the easier way.
    edited June 2023

Also keep in mind representing a different country respectfully is harder than it looks.They have to be respectful to the culture.You also have picked a theme that fits.

agree 100%. It's not as simple as just go make a foreign world because everybody is looking for something to pick apart no matter how much research they put into it.
    the anti American world thing that's all the rage on social media is weird. There is nothing wrong with American devs making American worlds in an American game. It's kind of insulting actually to shame them for it. The U.S is their home and culture and there are many beautiful locations in the U.S. Although I'm sure their are devs from non American places as well. (Like the wonderful simgurusalo😌)
    It just doesn't seem right.
    That's like being mad at Japanese game makers for making Japanese games with Japanese settings and characters.

I understand the desire people have for more exotic locations that you usually only find in places outside the U.S because I also like to see a wide variety of places but people are just too culturally sensitive. And every little thing is seen as disrespectful or offensive. I love a pack that has a good balance of positive, and negative mischief things to do.
    We could not do a single mischief thing in snowy escape (taking selfies at graves was removed)
    for evil sims because no one could tolerate it.
    In Sulani cleaning trash is considered fun game play. But hey, no one could get offended by that right? 😌 I'd sacrifice an exotic world for more risky adventurous game play. It's a GAME afterall.

I do believe we will still get worlds based on non U.S countries because the sims 4 content is not finished yet. But I also think people take the sims worlds too literal. They want so bad to tie them in with real life places when it's all fictional and very loosely based on real places because the devs need a reference to create from.
    I don't believe it was ever meant to be taken as 100% literally a specific location.

I'm still hoping to get a totally outside of this earth fantasy world at some point.

"Generic" is different for every part of the world. If I were to describe a generic suburb it would look plenty different than those places.
    It really is fine by me to show different sceneries from the US, but I think international players like me have a right to be annoyed by seeing so many American worlds in a row while we don't have much for the rest of the world. They have money and resources to show different parts of the world, but they choose the easier way.

I know how it feels you want to be represented.I think the main problem is we do not have create a world.I think thing all players are stuck with Ea give us.The thing is there also a lot places in the USA that do not get represented either.Sure not as severe as international.Keep in mind it would take time to represent and a world have theme fits.

telemwill wrote: »

I lived in Mesa, Arizona. In the part of Arizona where I lived there wasn't ever any snow. Maybe flurries once every ten years. (I looked it up. Last snowfall there was in 1998.) Winter temperatures may drop to the forties. Usually in the sixties during the day. People have irrigated their properties and there are now all sorts of plants and trees in residential areas. The leaves don't really change colors in the fall. They just turn brown and fall off. Mesa is largely in a desert area known for the large saguaro cactus which only grow in that region called the Sonoran Desert. It looks very like the picture Simattically posted on Twitter.

Northern Arizona is different with more seasonal weather changes and lots of pine forest. It's famous for the red rock scenery of Sedona. Also the Grand Canyon. Honestly, I would think horses might be more likely to be there. Who has horses in the desert?

Canyons are all over Arizona. They are popular for hiking and camping.

I should mention that southern Arizona can get snow in the higher elevations. My brother lived 100 miles south from Mesa in Tucson. We were swimming in his pool one Christmas, and felt homesick for snow. We drove 30 minutes up a mountain to the ski resort and had a snowball fight.

This sounds like a pretty amazing place.
    And I hate cold or cloudy weather. Give me 24/7 sun in real life or in game. I'd probably love it in Arizona. And the way you were able to go 30 minutes away for a snowball fight is pretty fascinating and cute!
  • pameler417pameler417 Posts: 51 Member
    So what I'm gathering is this leak about the next EP might be true?