Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why can't you search for "kits"?

I purchased two of the recent kits in the game but then I am not sure the server downloaded them into my game. I can't use the filter to search for kits (only expansion or stuff packs). EA should update the search functions and add that to the game. Otherwise how can I tell if I have the kits I purchased? I tried looking for some of the stuff shown but can't find any of it. I'd assume stuff from kits would be under decorations and non-functional?

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,547 Member
    There is a kit filter, but only for ALL kits together alas.

Which kits are you looking for? Probably some of us can tell you where to find some of the items.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Are you in build/buy mode looking for them? There's definitely an option to filter for kits just not WHICH kit you can filter by.

If you don't even see that you might want to make sure they're actually properly downloaded into your game. Kits are the very bottom of the filter (above the Holiday Stuff pack if you have it installed).
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    there are 23 kits already. it's a nightmare if you look for something specific.
    the objects and cas items are thrown all over all categories.
    each pack has 20-30 items, if you click on 'show all' you'll have to scroll through hundrets of items to find the one specific you are looking for...
    or if you want to decorate with a specific kit. it's almost impossible to do. only if you open the 'see what's inside' on the kit's web site.
    but if you are looking for the big book stack , for example. they don't tell you which category it is. and then you search through 'show all' again!
    (it's in -> surfaces -> misc!
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I don't own any kits except from Desert Luxe because I got it when it was free. But if you aren't opposed to mods (and aren't on console), Better Build/Buy by TwistedMexi has a kit filter. It allows you to filter by kit similar to how we can filter by other packs. There are also some other really good features in that mod as well.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    @SweetieWright_84 oh thank you! It always amazes me what modders can achieve (and the sims team not -.-) even the easiest things.
    It would have taken only another added category per kit and a click for each object to make our lives easier but they couldn't even do this.
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Elmo1809Elmo1809 Posts: 16 Member
    I am so glad, I am not the only one that finds this annoying. Takes me ages to find something specific from a kit. Wish they would catergorise them too.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Filter and search both need overhauls. The filters need to allow you to separate kits. Items also need to be categorized correctly. I often filter by color, and there are definitely items not showing that should be in some color categories.

Search is almost worthless. They need to make the search look by keyword and add keywords to everything. Searching something like "vase" should make every vase in the game come up. But with names like For Gourds Sake and El Gran Jarron, they don't.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,954 Member
    yeah every kit should have separate filter like packs not just one kit filter its mess if you have lot of them

but also another thing they should do is let us create custom categories of our own

theres so many items I constantly have trouble finding cause its weird category or in the middle of unrelated items

also,why the heck are platforms not where the foundations are I keep clicking that dang foundations tab even while knowing its not there *hissing*

I guess I need snickers
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    @Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    SweetieWright_84 oh thank you! It always amazes me what modders can achieve (and the sims team not -.-) even the easiest things.
    It would have taken only another added category per kit and a click for each object to make our lives easier but they couldn't even do this.

You're welcome. It doesn't make sense that kits don't have a filter. I'm wondering if they just didn't think they would make that many and didn't see a need for one or if it was an oversight. I think it was just an oversight.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Search is almost worthless. They need to make the search look by keyword and add keywords to everything. Searching something like "vase" should make every vase in the game come up. But with names like For Gourds Sake and El Gran Jarron, they don't.

It would already be a huge help if the search function picked up strings within an object's name. Like "baseball" or "bat" when searching for the baseball bat that is officially labeled "Sculpture of a Retro-Baseballbat" in my language version.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,381 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »

It would already be a huge help if the search function picked up strings within an object's name. Like "baseball" or "bat" when searching for the baseball bat that is officially labeled "Sculpture of a Retro-Baseballbat" in my language version.

Most times the names don't describe the object like what it actually is, i.e. a baseball bat. They have funny, unrelated names, and it also doesn't help that categorization is all over the place, like the decorative cabinets that are found under statues. Also, most sections are already bloated with so much stuff they they would definitely benefit from further dividing stuff into sub-sections.
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    OK, it has been a while now and I realize that Book Nook kit never did download on my game. How do I get EA to resend me the file I paid for? It of course says I own the kit but I don't actually see any of the items in my game.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I guess programming a new filter for each kit would mean extra effort EA don't want to make for a kit they sell for 5 bucks.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    OK, it has been a while now and I realize that Book Nook kit never did download on my game. How do I get EA to resend me the file I paid for? It of course says I own the kit but I don't actually see any of the items in my game.

Have you used the report option in the EA app? There's a thread about this issue in AHQ:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Current-Issue-Book-Nook-Grunge-Revival-Show-Unowned-After/m-p/12619949#M252970