Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims are making me hate them

Don't take this too seriously, it's just me venting in a joking way.

Edmond and Jade wanted another child, but they had twins. I had to move them from the Daisy Hovel. Even though I had built the house up to accommodate their growing family there simply wasn't enough room. If they had ONE child (other than their first kid Chloe) I thought I could make it work. After all, Edmond's father, Jericho, had passed and I got the message that that Edmond's mom, Zoe, was not long for the mortal coil.

So yeah, I figured when Zoe bites it I can use her bedroom for the new kid, even as an infant. Twins changed things. I needed more room for two cribs. So I move them to a bigger house. The thought was Zoe is going to pass son, and she'll do it before the twins are toddlers. Then I can use her room for them. With the larger house I had to put cribs in the living room and have the parents take turns sleeping on the couch to care for them on the fly.

But it's a nightmare! Even with a nanny!
  • The nanny they have now is the same guy that was a nanny for their first kid, Chloe. He's become a family friend. But he sucks as a nanny. He spends too much time yakking or reading or swimming in the pool when the twins are screech-crying. He even stops the family from doing things they need to do. Got a few moments infants being asleep and need to work on that skill for a promotion? NAH! Nanny guy will start blabbing so it slows everything down. Gotta cook a serving of a meal? Ya gotta race nanny guy to the kitchen. He'll get there first and make a less quality meal.
  • My sims suck as parents. They were good with Chloe, but with the twins. They really suck. They'll stand there and do nothing while one or both twins are destroying my ears with their crying. Even when directed to FEED THE CHILD they stand there for a ridiculous amount of time. The nanny may or may not act, but this knucklehead carried one outside by the pool, got a "scared" emoji and ran inside. If this was vanilla it wouldn't have bothered me, but SEASONS is installed. It could rain, etc. Dude, you're a nanny and you left an infant OUTSIDE by a pool!
  • ZOE WON'T DIE! Ugh...she was the mother of my "make ten generations" self-challenge...and I dreaded her looming demise . At first. Now I'm like "Will you die already?". I need the room. and it was like a week ago, simwise, when I got the notice that you were not long to be here. That may be fault. Zoe was into fitness and she maxed that out. But dang, girl...it's time to go.

These things wouldn't bother me except that sometimes the parents walk right past the screeching baby like it's not there just to go do something like exercise. Dude, isn't YOUR child more important? Do I need to direct you ALL OF THE TIME? It's a grudge match now. I'm determined to get these kids on track even if my sim family wants to play stupid. I am going to make these children succeed.
But Zoe, sorry, girl...will you just croak already?

Comments

• Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    If Zoe has/had the Athletic aspiration and completed it, she will have the Long-Lived trait. It takes forever for a sim to die with that trait. In one of my legacies, I gave my sims' husband, Paolo Rocca (premade from Windenburg) that aspiration. He was still alive and kicking when his three daughters were elders. I finally cheated his death because he wouldn't die and I didn't want him to outlive his grandchildren. Now, I never let my sims complete that aspiration.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    @SweetieWright_84 I hate that aspiration, too. I made the mistake of having the founder of my Zombie Apocalypse challenge complete that, not realizing the consequences. I had to lock her out in the cold to make space for her new grandchild. Even if you haven't completed the Bodybuilder aspiration, though, you still get extra time as an elder if you max the fitness skill.

That whole thing bugs me though. In real life being fit can help you live longer, but it also helps you live healthier. Why do these fit elders get dangerously exhausted from going roller skating?
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    SolomuttSolomutt Posts: 49 Member
    If Zoe has/had the Athletic aspiration and completed it, she will have the Long-Lived trait. It takes forever for a sim to die with that trait. In one of my legacies, I gave my sims' husband, Paolo Rocca (premade from Windenburg) that aspiration. He was still alive and kicking when his three daughters were elders. I finally cheated his death because he wouldn't die and I didn't want him to outlive his grandchildren. Now, I never let my sims complete that aspiration.

That must be it. Because she's on track to see her son turn into an elder. If I had known that aspiration would work like this I wouldn't have let her complete it.
  • Options
    Eleri wrote: »
    @SweetieWright_84 I hate that aspiration, too. I made the mistake of having the founder of my Zombie Apocalypse challenge complete that, not realizing the consequences. I had to lock her out in the cold to make space for her new grandchild. Even if you haven't completed the Bodybuilder aspiration, though, you still get extra time as an elder if you max the fitness skill.

That whole thing bugs me though. In real life being fit can help you live longer, but it also helps you live healthier. Why do these fit elders get dangerously exhausted from going roller skating?

@Eleri if I had known she'd hold on so long I wouldn't have allowed her to finish it. I need her to die because of the space. I had always planned on moving the family to a better house, but I also did not expect Jade and Edmond to have twins. I need Zoe to go so I can use her room for those kids who will be toddlers real soon.

...and I never wanted twins. What a nightmare. Now even though the house is better than the built-up daisy hovel I had them in, I might have to add an extra room because grandma won't pass away. Either that or I could purposely kill her.

Zoe like to exercise. It fills her fun bar. But she does get "dangerously exhausted" and I have to make her stop. What happens if I let her keep going?

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    @Solomutt Your problem, regarding the parent Sims's lack of care sounds very much like the problem I was having yesterday. I took the advice of one of those who posted on my thread. I exited my game. When I went in later on, my Sim parents weren't perfect, but they did start seeing to the little guy's needs. Phew. I did cheat the Infant up, first, because he was in pretty bad shape. These parents are veteran-parents. Peter is baby number five, so it's not like they don't have any experience. Yes, Peter is a gassy little baby with an almost constant fog of green haze over his middle, but that's simply no excuse for his lack of care. LOL (I can hardly wait to see who and what he turns out to be upon aging up.)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @Solomutt Your problem, regarding the parent Sims's lack of care sounds very much like the problem I was having yesterday. I took the advice of one of those who posted on my thread. I exited my game. When I went in later on, my Sim parents weren't perfect, but they did start seeing to the little guy's needs. Phew. I did cheat the Infant up, first, because he was in pretty bad shape. These parents are veteran-parents. Peter is baby number five, so it's not like they don't have any experience. Yes, Peter is a gassy little baby with an almost constant fog of green haze over his middle, but that's simply no excuse for his lack of care. LOL (I can hardly wait to see who and what he turns out to be upon aging up.)

The nanny isn't much better. Since I got the same nanny that helped out with Chloe, he's become a "family friend". (He would come over to visit before the twins were born). So II don't want to "fire" him.

But this knucklehead left one of twins outside by the pool at night! I know the game won't let an infant die, but geez.

Awhile ago he walked into Chloe's room just as she was about to go to sleep and sat on the bed. Now she can't get in it until he moves. And poor Chloe was exhausted, it was midnight and she has school in eight hours. This jerk sat there for TWO HOURS. I had to make Chloe go downstairs and sleep on the couch.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Solomutt wrote: »

That must be it. Because she's on track to see her son turn into an elder. If I had known that aspiration would work like this I wouldn't have let her complete it.

I found out the same way. I may give my sims that aspiration but I don't have them complete it. Now, I use a lifetime aspirations mod and I rarely complete any sims' aspirations. Which feels realistic to me.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    The nanny isn't much better.

The children are supposed to ask the Nanny to take care of them. My nannies work out pretty well, but only because my kids are constantly bossing them around.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Eleri wrote: »

Mountain climbing would make more sense than roller skating, I agree. My uncle is a senior citizen who loves biking, has run marathons and mountain climbing for years, until he retired from mountain climbing. My aunt is a senior citizen who took tap dancing classes. Both of them are around 20 years older than me, but more fit than I am because I am used to a sedentary lifestyle. If I didn't have trouble with my knees, ice skating and roller skating would still not be an issue for me though. But mountain climbing? I could do that in my teens and 20s, back when I could run for 20 minutes straight or climb 20 flights of stairs in one go....but it would totally exhaust me now, I would not even try. Mountain climbing is much harder than woohoo (except car woohoo).
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member

I had my gen 4 heir do that aspiration without knowing how long they actually end up living too. I ended up just drowning my sim. :D
    I had made him a "swim team" club when he was a teenager, so I thought you know what, now that you're old, it makes sense you'd swim in your free time... And you could get dangerously tired in the pool... So I directed him to work out a bit and go for a nice little dip...