Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Adventures or Snowy Escape

My sims need a vacation, so I've been considering getting the Island Adventures pack or Snowy escape? Which do you other players think is worth the bucks?

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    For me the more complete vacation experience is snowy escape with skiing snowboarding and sledding for the entire family besides infants. It also offers mountain exploration that can be done with groups it's even got hot springs the full vacation experience besides a hotel system. Downfall pretty much every vacation activity is locked to this world for obvious reasons.

Island living has trash clean up :# building sandcastles swings and sunbathing the water activities are swimming pretty sure swimming was improved with this pack there is also jet skiing and canoeing that cannot be done as a group no one can ride together on jet skis or the canoe. So if you're looking for group water activities this is not it every one of them is solo, who does stuff with friends or family anyway on vacation? The slight upside is the solo water activities can be done in worlds after this pack but none prior to it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I find my sims more often go skiing in Mt Komorebi than swimming in Sulani. I love both worlds though.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Would you rather take a beach vacation or a snowy vacation?

I enjoy both packs, I vacation in Sulani more but I love the beach. Both packs have a lot to offer. I don't think there is a wrong answer.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I think they're both good. Snowy feels like a bigger pack for some reason, but I play Island Living way more. As an Occult player, I love that we get Mer folk in Island Living and I really enjoy playing them. I also love the dangers of the deep waters, it adds some nice surprises and danger to the game. Also, the island culture gives it an authentic feel. But I love to make pirate Sims and Sirens and let them take over. ๐Ÿ˜
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I like them both, but for vacations I usually prefer the summer weather and sand. You can swim in Mt. Komorebi as well and it's nice to visit in all seasons, you can go on hikes, go sightseeing, and then go for some snow fun at the top. But for me summer weather and sand feels more like a vacation so I prefer Sulani. I have added a spa, a cafe, a beach nightclub, and plan to add a restaurant at some point and it feels much more like a resort now
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,972 Member
    I much prefer Island living. Many of the things like building sand castles, sun bathing, and things like the water floats, beach towels etc. can be used anywhere, not just in Sulani. And, what beats a nice beach holiday? Lol. Besides an active conservation career, you can also do little odd jobs for other sims, great for your beach bums. Itโ€™s a beautiful island with plenty of places to swim, jet ski, and use a one sim fishing/sail boat ( which you can also use in other worlds ). You can collect sea shells and dig for treasures.in Sulani, make friends with dolphins, and in some areas worry about sharks. It also comes with more fish and fishing spots and even a fish traps. I think you can dive for treasures too, but you canโ€™t actually see the diver diving, itโ€™s a rabbit hole. There are some special features I havenโ€™t used in the pack. A cave (?rabbit hole ), something to do with turtles, and a local Bar-B-Que. it has some pretty wooden furniture and some nice build stuff too. It also comes with beach lots, and some nice summer and swim clothes. And, though I havenโ€™t used them yet there are also mermaids, I find a lot of uses for this pack.

I rarely send my sims to Mt. Komrebi ( Snowy Escape ). Though there are a few sims I have sent ther on vacation, you can hike, ski, and snow board, and there are a few festivals, not as good of ones as city living I donโ€™t think though. There is some good winter CAS in the pack. Iโ€™m disappointed you canโ€™t ski, snowboard and rock climb outside of the world though. There is a also a little Simmie collection in a vending machine, along with a hot and a cold vending machine,
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I prefer Island Living ๐ŸŒŠ๐ŸŒž. It feels more of a relaxing holiday. The world is stunning and is perfect for a vacation. My Sims donโ€™t live there and the few residents I kept, now live in Tartosa. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! ๐Ÿ˜Šโ˜•๏ธ๐ŸŒž
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited June 2023
    I think I associate Island Living more with vacation but thats probably because I am from north and snow is like so last season to me :sweat_smile:

I do think both packs are fun to play though, b/b and cas both have useful things and they mix pretty nice together for the anime beach vacation episode :lol:

if choice must be made probably would think where my sims live normally and go opposite destination

say your sim lives in oasis springs mt.komorebi would probably feel more like vacation and if they live in say Forgotten Hollow then beach would certainly be something different
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 713 Member
    I use both packs so much.

One difference that stands out to me is the Island has more collectables and fishing spots than Snowy Escape, so is more often used for a starter home. An exception to this is the Globetrotter Challenge which starts in Snowy Escape https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCoOp4B0pjI

Another difference is that the festivals in Snowy Escape are better. Sundays are the Festival of youth and add some much needed gameplay for children.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N44YFMBL__I
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    If I didn't already own both, I'd probably buy Snowy Escape now and Island Living in the winter. So when you need an escape from the real world weather you can send your sims to the opposite.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    If I didn't already own both, I'd probably buy Snowy Escape now and Island Living in the winter. So when you need an escape from the real world weather you can send your sims to the opposite.

Haha I do that too :p

But for me, IL, with all it's "faults", or missing opportunities is the one to go from these 2 packs, I use the world and stuff from it all the time.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 507 Member
    I think it really depends on what you prefer, or what your Sims will prefer. I love both packs, but I have some Sims who are really into the skiing, hiking, rock-climbing, snowboarding adventurous kinds of activities, so Mt Komorebi is how I imagine their dream vacation to be. Other Sims I play are more into the sunbathing, swimming, relaxing, jet-skiing, enjoying sunsets kinds of vacations - so Sulani is where I send them. Or it might depend on the current season in my game. If I'm playing winter and I feel I could do with seeing more sunshine (in the game), I take them to Sulani. I think both packs are great - they are both beautiful worlds I enjoy visiting and the outdoor activities are good fun.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member
    I'm Island Living all the way myself. For one, I prefer beach over snow myself, and while others say there is much to do in Mt Komorebi, neither hiking or climbing or skiing are things I particularly enjoy watching them do. The festivals has also left me distinctly underwhelmed. I tried playing someone who lives there, but end up not going anywhere or doing anything for real.

Island Living on the other hand, I have greatly enjoyed. For one I love to take my families on vacation there, and just have fun on the beach, but I also greatly enjoyed living there. I love the career, and if you work from home it's like an active career, and the communal events feel natural and inclusive, like having a bbq together, the family fun day at the beach and the pot luck night where everyone brings food. I also love that people come over in a new way, bringing left overs after dinner when they do. I also found myself using the lots almost nothing at all, but the natural beaches and communal areas a lot which meant no loading screens unless you leave the neighborhood which suited me well. I could have one sim snorkeling, another one in the house doing something and a third building sand castles on the beach with the toddler.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    SolomuttSolomutt Posts: 49 Member
    Thanks for the replies. I'm leaning toward island leaning because personally I don't like cold weather IRL. I went skiing once in my entire life and I didn't enjoy it.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2023

Thatโ€™s a great idea ๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! ๐Ÿ˜Šโ˜•๏ธ๐ŸŒž
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    I actually prefer snow over sunshine in real life, but I think Island Living is a much better pack. To me Snowy Escape is a vacation game pack. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy taking my sims on vacation to Yukimatsu, but that's all the pack really has going for it in terms of game play. The job that comes with it is boring. The festivals don't hold a candle to City Living.

Now consider Island living. You can set up a vacation lot there. The neighborhood amenities are amazing, which makes it a great place to live. You can also hang out at one of the beaches after school or on the weekend for a few hours and have fun in the sand or the water. The winter sports amenities in Snowy Escape involve quite a bit of getting in line, so it's not really worth visiting if you only want to spend a few sim hours. As for careers, the marine biologist career basically involves going scuba diving for a living (really cool if you go into first person mode-I got side swiped by a dolphin). Also you take jobs on a gig app. A good choice for a non-committal sim, or if you like a flexible schedule. If your sim gets a high enough rating on the app, they can be offered really lucrative gigs.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    i like both but my girl fishes alot on the beach