Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Random is Sims 4 Really?

2...Next

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,125 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    or at least some dort of chaos mode.

@83bienchen Chaos mode! :o

(Is there a chaos mode?? like in a mod somewhere)

(I would definitely play chaos mode)

I second this. Bienchen, based on your knowledge of modding, would it be something that could be done? If so, do you take requests? :D
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    I haven't heard of a mod that adds a chaos mode. And I'm no longer taking requests since quite a while. In fact I haven't played the game for fun for weeks because of the problems with my spine. I'm lurking at the forums from my phone as I can hardly sit.

I have a smaller mod for personal use that gets rid of the notification prior to the death by satellite and one for autonomous pickpocketing (both waiting for me to remember to take a preview picture for months *sigh*) and there is a mod of mine that's publically available that allows for Sims dying from electroducion without prior warning when they repair stuff.
    My moredeathsurprise mod tweaks death by old age to be more random.

There are tons of good mods out there that add to chaos and randomness:
    - LittleMsSam hast two mods that allow for miscarriage, death in childbed and infertility:
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175408670453/pregnancy-overhaul-this-mod-changes-a-few-parts
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175409258158/miscarriage-chance-abortion-miscarriage-with

- weerbesu's more deadly/intended fires ist certainly one for more chaos
    https://modthesims.info/d/569221/more-deadly-intense-fire.html

- Have some personality please by Polarbearsims (similar to, but more chaos mode than my conversationtweak)
    https://modthesims.info/d/594573/have-some-personality-please.html

A chaos mode mode with a toggle would have to be a script mod, so I couldn't even do one if my health were better.
    But I think we might very well use this thread to collect mods that are suitable for chaos mode for those who are interested.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    My only fear is that a chaos mode would become like the movie 2012. Just total Armageddon.

I visualize a scenario where your sim wakes up in the morning to soft music, smiles and yawns, and happily gets a cup of coffee. The sim then, still holding the coffee cup, goes outside to get the newspaper.

Good feelings gone as the sim stands frozen in the doorway and smoke, fire, lava, flooding, tornadoes, hurricanes, zombies, meteors and who knows what else happening all around. Oh and other sims running around screaming "what is happening????"

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited June 2023
    The amount of deaths in this game that are super avoidable has always annoyed me. The game gives you plenty of warning. *yawn*

I'd like TS2 (even TS1 to some extent) level of chaos but a lot of players prefer saftey gloves in S4.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    The amount of deaths in this game that are super avoidable has always annoyed me. The game gives you plenty of warning. *yawn*

I'd like TS2 (even TS1 to some extent) level of chaos but a lot of players prefer saftey gloves in S4.

Well TS4 is a story making game for many, so unpredictability would probably cause problems for those who script out their stories for streaming. So we have to keep that in mind too.

But there has to be a happy medium. I personally would rather upload a story that I couldn't control than one that I scripted out because those tend to be more hilarious in my opinion.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member

Well TS4 is a story making game for many, so unpredictability would probably cause problems for those who script out their stories for streaming. So we have to keep that in mind too.

But there has to be a happy medium. I personally would rather upload a story that I couldn't control than one that I scripted out because those tend to be more hilarious in my opinion.

The Sims has always been a story making game.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member

The Sims has always been a story making game.

It has. You can still quit without saving if something totally undesired happens or mod it out, but imho the game should come with more than just set dressing and happy ever after gameplay.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    Ah since I n play on console and online really was never an easy thing for console (we've always been second-class citizens in the gaming world), I've never really considered sims as a story making game until now that it's at least semi-feasible.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,125 Member
    @83bienchen, I'm so sorry to hear about your spinal issues. I hope you get better soon. Also, thanks for the mod recommendations. I used to use the Have some Personality please but I removed it because of an update and just forgot to add it back.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,826 Member
    Thank you for the suggestions @83bienchen !
    I hope you feel better soon.
  • SolomuttSolomutt Posts: 49 Member
    My 2 cents:

Bring back the burglar. I miss that.

I'm not into torturing and killing sims, but make it easier for them die. I have a sim that must have set himself on fire a dozen times. He might as well be The Human Torch since it only made him need a shower.

With seasons, have random events like power outages, tornados (that may damage your home/stuff but not totally destroy) etc. (if that exists I have not seen it)

This is just stuff off the top my head.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Well, as usual I seem to be the weird one. The Sims already has all the chaos I can handle!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Well, as usual I seem to be the weird one. The Sims already has all the chaos I can handle!

Maybe a chaos slider one that goes from rainbows and butterflies all the way up to Simageddon.
    Solomutt wrote: »
    My 2 cents:

Bring back the burglar. I miss that.

I'm not into torturing and killing sims, but make it easier for them die. I have a sim that must have set himself on fire a dozen times. He might as well be The Human Torch since it only made him need a shower.

With seasons, have random events like power outages, tornados (that may damage your home/stuff but not totally destroy) etc. (if that exists I have not seen it)

This is just stuff off the top my head.

Those are some cool ideas. I did have one sim, I think Bjorn, freeze to death after jogging in shorts to a community lot. So seasons does add new deaths but power outages, tornadoes??? That's a great idea!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Solomutt wrote: »
    I created two sim families and put them in the homes next to my sim player family. The idea was for the kids to around to make friends with the player kid. I haven't seen any of them, anywhere. (and autonomy is on) I actually forgot I did it because I never saw them and now the player sim kid is an adult.

Not at all like TS2 where kids bring home friends from school and the adults friends from work. Lots of interesting gameplay possibilities there.
  • fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    I dunno, I often let my sims play out their own lives and just watch, and often random things happen between sims. I love how they interact with each other. I may nudge towards a certain interaction sometimes (like if they are insisting on playing video games and not going to talk to someone at the door), but then let them take it from there. I do use cheats because I don't like how jealousy depletes the relationship bars without me even realizing that something is going on if I leave the game running, so I have disabled jealousy, and I hate for my sims to die so I disabled emotional deaths and I avoid putting anything hazardous in their homes, and I don't want my sims to age so in settings I have disabled aging (unless I age them up or down manually). So I guess in that way I do have a fear of certain random events, but that's like real life too because I have OCD and often paranoia. So having some sort of control over the game is good for my anxiety hehe. Especially because I do not have that control irl...
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,826 Member
    @Oldeseadogge It's fun when kids bring home friends from school in TS4 too :)
    I don't remember ever having an adult bring over a friend from work automatically like the kids do from school, but if you select "socialize with coworkers" while they're at work, they will meet people there and then they'll be in their relationship panel so you can invite them over or go somewhere with them at a time of your choice.
    I think the idea that I was originally explaining is getting lost. I know that some random events within our own sims families. But I was thinking more like stuff happening outside of our households. Such as seeing too people getting into a fight on the street, remember Sims 3 when you would be at a park and suddenly some woman would go in labor?

So randomization throughout the whole game. Things that may not really affect your sims personally but would be entertaining to see your sims respond to. On Neighborhood Brawl Day even, there are no brawls that break out except the ones you instigate.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    I don't see the game as very random. Most is based on our actions, and those that are not will quickly fade. So, perhaps the game tosses a few random hints at us, but we would need to grab and develop them for them to have any lasting impact. I'm not using neighborhood stories, so perhaps my game is less random that way.

I don't really miss more randomness, but I'd like to see more minor individual uniqueness. The trait effects are often few and quite bold. Quirks do help a little, but I wish things (behavior) would without a clear link to so and so trait/quirk but rather a vague result of many elements.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 133 Member
    edited June 2023
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I haven't heard of a mod that adds a chaos mode. And I'm no longer taking requests since quite a while. In fact I haven't played the game for fun for weeks because of the problems with my spine. I'm lurking at the forums from my phone as I can hardly sit.

I have a smaller mod for personal use that gets rid of the notification prior to the death by satellite and one for autonomous pickpocketing (both waiting for me to remember to take a preview picture for months *sigh*) and there is a mod of mine that's publically available that allows for Sims dying from electroducion without prior warning when they repair stuff.
    My moredeathsurprise mod tweaks death by old age to be more random.

There are tons of good mods out there that add to chaos and randomness:
    - LittleMsSam hast two mods that allow for miscarriage, death in childbed and infertility:
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175408670453/pregnancy-overhaul-this-mod-changes-a-few-parts
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175409258158/miscarriage-chance-abortion-miscarriage-with

- weerbesu's more deadly/intended fires ist certainly one for more chaos
    https://modthesims.info/d/569221/more-deadly-intense-fire.html

- Have some personality please by Polarbearsims (similar to, but more chaos mode than my conversationtweak)
    https://modthesims.info/d/594573/have-some-personality-please.html

A chaos mode mode with a toggle would have to be a script mod, so I couldn't even do one if my health were better.
    But I think we might very well use this thread to collect mods that are suitable for chaos mode for those who are interested.

God! Could you share the satellite one? I've been looking that for ages, THAT's what a Sims game need, suprises.