Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    @HavenRose, you cannot plead with Grimmie for a Sim who dies from Old Age. Resurrected Sims don't live very long, it's true, depending on the circumstances of their dearth. Whatever caused the first death, doesn't preclude the Sim from dying of something else, such as old age. Sounds more like bad luck.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SolomuttSolomutt Posts: 49 Member
    > @GalacticGal said:
    > @HavenRose, you cannot plead with Grimmie for a Sim who dies from Old Age. Resurrected Sims don't live very long, it's true, depending on the circumstances of their dearth. Whatever caused the first death, doesn't preclude the Sim from dying of something else, such as old age. Sounds more like bad luck.

Yeah, I know it was bad luck, I just expected his reprieve to last until college was over. I went back to an earlier save and didn't send the kid to uni just to see what happened. The old guy just keeled over one day and died on his way to the bathroom. Grimmie was not deterred.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,070 Member
    Invisible laundry strikes again:
    eMV5itz.png
  • KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    Is it just me... or does this baby look awfully pale compared to her mom? I know babies don't generally get the exact same skin tone as their parents, but dang that's an extreme difference! The father is blue because one of his fathers is an alien, so it's not because of him.

TxfZPZI.png
    OdOvkZK.png
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
    @KestrelDC I'm going to take wild guess and suggest it could be lighting. Sometimes my Sims' babies look too light and my Sims are white. If it doesn't adjust to your liking upon aging to Infant, you can take the Infant into cas.fulleditmode and fix what's broken, or at least not working for you.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    As much as I love CC and mods, lately I’ve just been wanting to play without both.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    As much as I love CC and mods, lately I’ve just been wanting to play without both.

Go for it! There are many simmers who play without mods and enjoy the game. I played without mods/CC for many years. There are two ways you can do both:

1. Just disable mods in the settings. I wouldn't recommend playing a save you used mods/cc in, unless you want naked and/or bald sims.
    2. Generate another Sims 4 folder in your documents folder. I use this method for updating my save so mods never touch my vanilla game. If you want a more in-depth tutorial(?) on how to do this, let me know and I'll link the video from XUrbanSimsX. I think OshinSims also has one too.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,070 Member
    RE: Graduation issue.

I sent Harry to the Auditorium an hour before graduation starts and the lot automatically decorates it's self with the graduation set, teens turn up and age up but disappear from the lot but no actual ceremony takes place:

5r5qDJS.png
    @KestrelDC I'm going to take wild guess and suggest it could be lighting. Sometimes my Sims' babies look too light and my Sims are white. If it doesn't adjust to your liking upon aging to Infant, you can take the Infant into cas.fulleditmode and fix what's broken, or at least not working for you.

Nope, not just lighting. I think my Sims had an albino baby!

nCxZVbM.jpg
    HHPy1Yt.jpg
    60wXTGy.jpg
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • S_E_Morgan505S_E_Morgan505 Posts: 1 New Member
    OK so as far as I understand it, polygamy is not possible in the game because if one person’s married already, you don’t have the ability to ask them to marry you. BUT, I just had a married npc ask to marry my sim and they were able to elope but now it’s only saying that he is married to the first sim not my sim. Is this a glitch or was this apart of some update I missed?
    @KestrelDC wrote: »

I checked in my game and one of my households, where both parents with darker skintones have a baby with a light skintone too. I'm wondering if it's the opposite of the bug we had a while back or a mod we both have?
    @KestrelDC wrote: »

I checked in my game and one of my households, where both parents with darker skintones have a baby with a light skintone too. I'm wondering if it's the opposite of the bug we had a while back or a mod we both have?

My mods are turned off from the patch recently, so it's not that. It's either some weird glitch or some very strange genetics with alien skintones.

That or they added achromia to the game :lol:
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
    KestrelDC wrote: »
    My mods are turned off from the patch recently, so it's not that. It's either some weird glitch or some very strange genetics with alien skintones.

That or they added achromia to the game :lol:

The sims I noticed it with are all human. So I'm thinking it's likely a bug.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    edited June 2023

nCxZVbM.jpg
    HHPy1Yt.jpg
    60wXTGy.jpg

The genetics for blue and green Sims have been messed up since the release of TS4 and never been fixed. I had a simar problem years ago. A blue husband, a wife with light skintone and the two daughters were both of very dark skin colour. I still loved that Family to pieces.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    83bienchen wrote: »

nCxZVbM.jpg
    HHPy1Yt.jpg
    60wXTGy.jpg

The genetics for blue and green Sims have been messed up since the release of TS4 and never been fixed. I had a simar problem years ago. A blue husband, a wife with light skintone and the two daughters were both of very dark skin colour. I still loved that Family to pieces.

I guess, come to think of it, we shouldn't be surprised when human-alien interbreeding has some..... weird results :lol:
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Does anyone know why the News section that notifies of lots being downloaded and number of downloads/followers no longer appear on the online exchange site? Mine disappeared after recent update and I miss it.
    edited June 2023
    Does anyone know why the News section that notifies of lots being downloaded and number of downloads/followers no longer appear on the online exchange site? Mine disappeared after recent update and I miss it.

I wish I could answer that, but to be truthful, I haven't visited the Gallery since before they shut it down for mantenance.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,804 Member

I think it’s because they’re still doing maintenance on the gallery. Don’t quote me but that’s why it went down. I don’t think they’re done yet.
    I gave Kyle a makeover. I like his new look.
    O2Hu7k4.png
    wSOnQYS.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    I like it. Much better.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,804 Member
    @SweetieWright_84 He looks so much better! You did a fantastic job.🙂
    edited June 2023
    @DaniRose2143 I agree, and thank you.

Edit: Typo I just noticed
    Post edited by SweetieWright_84 on
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @SweetieWright_84 and @GalacticGal Thank you for your answer. I didn't realize they might still be doing maintenance but it makes sense. I will just have to be patient and wait and see if it comes back. :)
    SweetieWright_84 and GalacticGal Thank you for your answer. I didn't realize they might still be doing maintenance but it makes sense. I will just have to be patient and wait and see if it comes back. :)

You're welcome but I think it was @DaniRose2143 who answered your question.
  • UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I miss stuff packs ☹️

While I really like the kits and own/frequently use them all, I miss stuff packs. And weren’t we promised monthly kits or did I just make that up because I constantly want new content?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top