Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

San Sequoia

2...Next

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited May 2023
    crocobaura wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    MichelleW wrote: »
    Ziafar wrote: »
    What did you do with the strange lot between two streets (18 celebration street) near the recreation centre. I do not see a house there.

I put a "marketplace" there. I took the coffee shop marmalade(YouTube builder) created for that lot and edited it to be a community space/marketplace lot, added a playground and a pizza cart. Now it doubles as a pizza and coffee shop.

@MichelleW Does a barista for the coffee shop cafe automatically show up when you play it as a marketplace?

No you have to hire someone. If you do the food stall version someone will automatically show up. I prefer the "coffee bar" so I just hire someone, they stay the entire time I'm on the lot.

Thank you, I was hoping they would show up as the second person, as I read that 2 sims will show up at food stands at a community market place.

You can use the coffee stand instead of the barista bar and the NPC will show up for that. The NPC for the bobba tea shop and the cafeteria workers will also show up automatically also on the community market place lots.
    Thank you so much! I plan on making more market places in my game and using some of these things! @crocobaura is that the cafeteria from High school years or University?
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,000 Member
    LMS has a mod that makes a barrista show up (or dj/vendor/busker/bartender...). I use that mod on most of my communal spaces, especially parks.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    What did you do with the strange lot between two streets (18 celebration street) near the recreation centre. I do not see a house there.

I put a "marketplace" there. I took the coffee shop marmalade(YouTube builder) created for that lot and edited it to be a community space/marketplace lot, added a playground and a pizza cart. Now it doubles as a pizza and coffee shop.

@MichelleW Does a barista for the coffee shop cafe automatically show up when you play it as a marketplace?

No you have to hire someone. If you do the food stall version someone will automatically show up. I prefer the "coffee bar" so I just hire someone, they stay the entire time I'm on the lot.

Thank you, I was hoping they would show up as the second person, as I read that 2 sims will show up at food stands at a community market place.

You can use the coffee stand instead of the barista bar and the NPC will show up for that. The NPC for the bobba tea shop and the cafeteria workers will also show up automatically also on the community market place lots.
    Thank you so much! I plan on making more market places in my game and using some of these things! @crocobaura is that the cafeteria from High school years or University?

Both cafeteria workers show up, but I think the NPC for the university cafeteria works same hours as for university so spends less time on the lot. I like the one from university as you can change the menu, but in my experience the cafeteria worker from highschool is more often present on the lot. When I sent my sim to uni the cafeteria worker was never there, so don't know maybe it's bugged or something in my game.
  • Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 693 Member

When I sent my sim to uni the cafeteria worker was never there, so don't know maybe it's bugged or something in my game.

The Uni cafeteria worker does not spawn until a Sim stands in front of the counter. It took me awhile to realize that all sorts of spawning takes time. The longer that I am present on a lot and the more that I interact, the more people and things that spawn. I missed so much by loading into a lot and leaving immediately, thinking not much was there. Now if I an entering an unfamiliar lot, I take a book to read or go fishing or jogging to give the lot some time to spawn.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    @crocobaura @Katofhyrule12 the uni cafeteria workers only spawn at certain times. If you hover your cursor over the counter when they're not there it should tell you what time the next meal will be served.
    I am not sure of the close times, but the open times are 7, 12, and 5. The uni cafeterias serve grand meals.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I am not sure of the close times, but the open times are 7, 12, and 5. The uni cafeterias serve grand meals.

They must be there for a very short time because I very rarely see them and I usually spend plenty of time on lots for other reasons, not just the food.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 695 Member
    When I go to the lot where is the cafeteria whatever the hour there is never a cafeteria worker. But very soon after I arrive there is always one that spawn.
  • KeijraKeijra Posts: 9 New Member
    I turned mine into a restaurant called The Green Leaf. Can't decide if it is experimental food or a vegetarian restaurant. If I can figure out how to share a picture on here, I'll show it.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited June 2023
    I am probably going to make that lot a cafe as restaurants don’t seem to be working right for me right now. It’s not letting me pick the table I want for one thing in restaurants so cafe’s just work better for me., and I don’t use mods. I can add a play area for toddlers and children as well, and an arcade for children and teens with it. Maybe an internet cafe. I will look on the gallery first and see what kind of places they have on that lot. I often change the insides of other lots. The large lot on the warf I want to make a Eco Living market place and also a rocket launch pad. That one is going to take a bit of thought. I wish they would fix dineout.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I’m taking a break from Sam Sequoia & just focusing in my Copperdale, Sulani & Tartosa worlds right now. I think it’s because it’s summertime now & to me these 3 worlds.🏊🏻🏄🏻‍♀️🍉🎡🏝️

They must be there for a very short time because I very rarely see them and I usually spend plenty of time on lots for other reasons, not just the food.

I have to stand in front of the counter and stay there for a minute. It takes them awhile to spawn and then walk over and then wave their hands before I can order the food. I have to stand RIGHT in front of the counter.