Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next EP will have horses, unicorns, fairies and imaginary friends?

Comments

• OccultmasterOccultmaster Posts: 125 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Medieval has become quite unlikely with the recent medieval kit vote.

What a shame, Medieval would fit better in a game pack or an expansion over a kit, there's so much you could do with Medieval, Horse Riding, Jousting, Sword Fighting, a Knight Career, Fae and Dragons.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Isn't the kit a b/b castle building kit? That's the impression I got when I first saw it and it is something I want. I think a Medieval Pack, whether game pack or expansion, would still fit in, as there are so many other things that can go into it. I am thinking of all that is in Sims Medieval. I would like to see a new world in that time period, as well as clothing, furniture, and different lots for buildings that are like in Sims Medieval. I really want objects like the blacksmithing, the doctor's objects, the wizard's, bard's, etc. I love the way those objects work in the Sims Medieval and it could fit well in that theme in Sims 4. Horses would also fit in as well as swordfighting, and of course it wouldn't be medieval times without the pit monster! There are so many things that can be added to the theme that would make it an expansion pack, including pirates. I would buy any pack that offers this immediately! I love Sims Medieval! And a toggle that would allow us to keep other sims who are not from that time period out of the world as well. Oh, and dragons would be great too!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Medieval has become quite unlikely with the recent medieval kit vote.

The country kitchen kit came very close to cottage living. The fashion street kit was only a few months from my wedding stories with similar cultural inspired fashion. And the grunge kit feels close to the style of werewolves. The time between first fits kit and growing together is just over 6 months so there might even be a link there. There has been overlap between kits and bigger themes before. Let's hope that the kit vote is intended for concept art that didn't make it into a bigger pack.

To do a medieval theme justice, we need something bigger than a kit. Just look at the Moroccan build kit (I can't recall the exact name at the moment) it has good looking items but not enough to build and furnish an entire house in that style. For a proper medieval build we would need both furniture and build items, preferably combined with themed clothing for the inhabitants. And then we haven't even touched gameplay. Kits can only do so much. Or else they need to create a set of matching kits: a kit with medieval build items, a kit with medieval furniture and one with cas (all ages) . Players can opt for one, two or three, depending how elaborate they want to go.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Sooooooooo...... anyone going to mention the *speculated* horses leak or are we not allowed to talk about it?👀
    I got confused on the whole leaking situation.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Sooooooooo...... anyone going to mention the *speculated* horses leak or are we not allowed to talk about it?👀

First time I hear about it. Please share more if you can so know where to look. Who leaked, Reddit, Microsoft or Target? :lol:
    crocobaura wrote: »

First time I hear about it. Please share more if you can so know where to look. Who leaked, Reddit, Microsoft or Target? :lol:

👀
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

👀

Ah, thanks. I did find it myself pretty quickly as well. I see the culprit is CDKeys this time. :lol: I quite like the idea of a horse ranch pack. I am not a big horse fan myself but I look forward to more countryside stuff for our Sims.
  • Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited June 2023
    Here is the link to Sims Community they collected all 'evidence'.

I don't think it's real. Horse riding requires a ton of animations and given that there are only dust clouds instead of animations for a few activities (toddlers rummaging in counters or frienship bracelet making for example) my guess is that EA would not waste their animation team resources on a horse EP since they are busy with sims 5. I really hope i'm wrong because i liked horses in sims 3 so much.
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    I just want horses. Keeping them confined to a single (big) lot isn’t likely to ruffle me as much because that pretty much happens to me on a daily basis anyway (I keep saying “have trailer will travel, but planning an off-property ride requires so many logistics, I usually give up and just poddle around the ranch since we have some short trail loops already)

I’m torn about breeds. I mean, I’d be thrilled to death if they had them like they do for the dogs and cats, but if they did Haflingers MUST be one of those breeds (simself goals). But it might just be easier to go by size (mini, pony, cob, horse, etc) and let players customize colors, etc to get their preferred breed.

I HOPE a horse pack happens. And soon. I have had very little inclination to play Sims 4 right now (happy to build, and do CAS) but I am meh about gameplay. I didn’t buy any of the new kits since I’m not interested, so if they want my money, then a horse pack is the way to go.
    Horses have been on my list for YEARS. If this is true omaiga! 🥺🥺🥺🥺
    Perfect for my apocalyptic world where they can use horses for transportation. Plus horses will just be fun in general.
    One thing I'd be worried about is horses taking up another household slot because I can barely play with cats and dogs since I like big families 🥲

If it turns out to be an expansion focused only on horses that means plenty of horse content! Which I like. I would also hope two sims can ride one horse and kids can ride.
    I believe horses were always coming in the future either way that's why I think this could be real, in addition to all the horse hints.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    As the article on sims community mentions there have been similar leakes in the past with island living and cottage living and those turned out to be true. I think we might actually be getting a horse DLC.
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    Here is the link to Sims Community they collected all 'evidence'.

I don't think it's real. Horse riding requires a ton of animations and given that there are only dust clouds instead of animations for a few activities (toddlers rummaging in counters or frienship bracelet making for example) my guess is that EA would not waste their animation team resources on a horse EP since they are busy with sims 5. I really hope i'm wrong because i liked horses in sims 3 so much.

It would require a lot of animations and the sims 4 is known for cutting corners when it comes to animations. But I think it will still be possible. We don't know how long this pack has been in the works. I imagine it could be like cats and dogs which also needed a lot of animations and almost all development went into the main feature with little to no side features.
  • LeccaLecca Posts: 125 Member
    Not particularly interested in horses as I am afraid of them irl lol I could understand a game pack but a whole expansion dedicated solely to horses is disappointing imo. I would like to see it as part of a larger theme as an EP.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I am currently playing households with modded horses, so this would be a dream come true for me! The only thing I would want more would be bands/choirs/orchestras!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2023
    Feels like a waste of a pack to be centered around just horses. Feels like it could have been in Cottage Living with the rest of the farm animals with added gameplay around them. Only place they seem appropriate to free roam in is Henford on Bagley less they make another country styled world of sorts for them to roam around. CAS and BB is just going to be themed around stuff we already have.

Hope fairies wouldn't be in the same pack with them as they might be a afterthought going the way of aliens in GTW with no skill tree same with mermaids.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited June 2023
    Actually, a few months ago when they showed concept art pictures of new worlds and build/buy, there were these two rooms, a kitchen and a bedroom, with ranch style furniture. We know the world was San Sequoia, but we still don’t know what the other pictures were.
    If the next EP is about horses, it explains those pictures.

Also I personally want horses, so I’m glad if we get them. I wasn’t expecting a whole EP though.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    If this leak ends up being true an entire expansion about horses how much game play could this add riding around with a horse this should have been a game pack horse ranch does not deserve an expansion the theme is so basic. I doubt they would create competitions like horse racing or horse jumping we would most likely get the most basic riding animation where the Sim sits lifeless on the horse no emotion movement or connection with the horse.

How often is CD Keys right and wrong about packs they leak I do remember them being right in the past.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    If they do horses it could well be just a riding school on a large lot you go to and ride them

Hoping to see fairies seeing they have done just about every other occult , Although as its Sims 4 there probably wont be much depth to them
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Someone I follow on YouTube just posted that the horse ranch pack was also leaked on Instant Gaming...

I must say I'd love horses but cannot see how they'd be implemented well without an open world.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    I think it depends how deep the gameplay.It says Horse ranch? So maybe a western thems.e

Maybe we get ponise as well.
    Univorns are possibility as well.
    We could have live rodros or compete in horse competitions.

• SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited June 2023
    I have some custom content/mods (you can find them on curseforge) that make dogs look like ponies. There are other farm animal object mods too.

That said, I love hearing about other people's game dreams. The Sims series are not the only games I play. Sometimes I dream about exiting a room in the Sims to find myself say, in Shining Nikki's nail studio, Love Nikki's travels or Nikki's walk-in closet (both games have better accessories and hairs but only full face or fewer makeup options than the Sims) or the merge makeover tv studio set, or in Austin's Gardenscapes backyard talking to Austin, the butler. They blur together sometimes in my dreams, kind of like the Emoji movie and Wreck it Ralph. I also play Path of Exile MMORPG, and other RPGs, including State of Survival - sometimes those blur together instead. Yep, zombies plus swords, clubs, medieval armor, sorcery....

However, sometimes I will find myself seeing and hearing relatives in my dreams who are no longer in the land of the living. Years ago about 3 months after my grandma passed, I dreamed she showed me how to use a laptop as a remote control for the TV. (This pre-dated smartphones.) Then she walked into the Thomas Kinkade calendar on her wall, becoming smaller as she approached and disappeared as she walked around the corner of the path.
    About a month or two after my husband's passing, I was on the other side of a glass wall, watching him talking with my dad. I couldn't hear anything they said, but they looked like they were having a good time chatting and joking.
    Another time when my ex-boyfriend was cheating (before I knew consciously that was the case and later left him), I dreamed that he was sitting at a table with his date who was someone I knew, and neither of them wanted to talk to me.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,833 Member
    edited June 2023
    These items would be perfect for a horse ranch themed pack.

QE5jViJ.png

ETA: These images were shared during the Behind The Sims Summit presentation in October of last year.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited June 2023
    Horses have been on my list for YEARS. If this is true omaiga! 🥺🥺🥺🥺
    Perfect for my apocalyptic world where they can use horses for transportation. Plus horses will just be fun in general.
    One thing I'd be worried about is horses taking up another household slot because I can barely play with cats and dogs since I like big families 🥲

If it turns out to be an expansion focused only on horses that means plenty of horse content! Which I like. I would also hope two sims can ride one horse and kids can ride.
    I believe horses were always coming in the future either way that's why I think this could be real, in addition to all the horse hints.

I love the idea of a horse pack, especially a full expansion pack. Complete with barn doors, and maybe even riding tractors. IRL I am very allergic to horses, so the closest I can get is sculptures and games. I tried attending a rodeo once as an older child, but still had an allergic respiratory reaction from the top row of the stadium. I have only ridden a real horse once, if you could call it riding - the horse was more interested in grazing. Just as well since I was only 5 or 6, no saddle or stirrups on the horse. If I remember right, when I said "giddyup" the horse briefly raised its head, lashed the tail a couple times then went back to eating grass.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    These items would be perfect for a horse ranch themed pack.

QE5jViJ.png

ETA: These images were shared during the Behind The Sims Summit presentation in October of last year.
    You're probably right that is most likely what we would get in a ranch expansion. Where's the cowboy boots, deer horn lamps, bull skull with horns, cowhide rugs, horseshoes nothing really stands out those room designs are so basic and boring. A ranch theme expansion would be an amazing pack to patch update ceilings allowing you to paint them and add in wood beams.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,446 Member
    Pixelaide posted a video a few hours ago that Instagaming & CD Keys both have listings for a Sims 4 Horses EP coming this year. It's simply called Horse Ranch & the pic and bio are placeholders but there just might be horses in the near future.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    Horses pls horses. And I hope we can paint them, so we can make zebras. With cats and dogs acting as other animals, I could make a really sketchy zoo.

Also, I want to actively train horses for races, and earn money from them. Like in Sims 3. We need more sports, and it'd be a great way to bond with your horses.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017