Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim becoming angry for "flirty wife"?

Ok, I don't understand this. My two newly married sims, Edmond and Jade were maxed in affection and liking each other. They woohoo'd last night and Jade woke up with morning sickness. Ed woke up "Very Angry" because of a "Flirty wife". But she hasn't flirted with anyone, and now their affection is in the toilet.

...and when I was prompted to give Ed a "jealous" trait, I declined. So where is this coming from?

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,125 Member
    I have no clue what could cause that except she flirted with someone. I wonder if giving her the loyal trait would fix it?

If it were me, I'd want to see where that story goes though.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • SolomuttSolomutt Posts: 49 Member
    I have no clue what could cause that except she flirted with someone. I wonder if giving her the loyal trait would fix it?

If it were me, I'd want to see where that story goes though.

I've gone back to a save just before it happens to try to figure it out. there are no other sims around except Ed's parents. I have even specifically kept them away from both of them to see if that fixed it. Then I tried to rebuild their relationship but all that happens is angry responses, no they're in the red in affection. It would make sense if she flirted with anyone, but they eloped. She hasn't BEEN AROUND anyone else.

I'd see where it going, too, if it made sense. But it doesn't and it's kinda ticking me off.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    edited June 2023
    Solomutt wrote: »
    Ok, I don't understand this. My two newly married sims, Edmond and Jade were maxed in affection and liking each other. They woohoo'd last night and Jade woke up with morning sickness. Ed woke up "Very Angry" because of a "Flirty wife". But she hasn't flirted with anyone, and now their affection is in the toilet.

...and when I was prompted to give Ed a "jealous" trait, I declined. So where is this coming from?

Check to see if she has a pink bar with anyone else. If not, it might be a bug, or maybe they gave him that jealous trait anyway even though you declined it. You could check that too.

Oh, also is he hot headed? They often get angry out of the blue.. if you have growing together,,what kind of relationship do they have? I make sure my couples like each others traits and have a lot of talking points together (growing together ). And if they have bad sentiments together, there is probably a cheat to get rid of that.

Good luck!
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,172 Member
    Loyal trait hlps to stop them flirting but doesnt completely stop it , And it is annoying that with the loyal trait you get the option for your sim to confess to cheating when they clearly havent and sometimes their mood crashes beacuse they want to admit to being unfaithful when they haven't been
  • KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    That's... very bizarre. Talk about paranoid!
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • SolomuttSolomutt Posts: 49 Member
    I went back to the save that was made the day before Edmond woke up "Very Angry". Which incidentally was the day they eloped. This time I had them "try for a baby" right away instead of waiting until they went to bed for the night. So far, so good, Ed woke up and wasn't angry, and they acted like normal newlyweds.

I don't know why this happened. It could be something I totally missed. But I had to fix it this way because trying to play it through made it worse. Ed's parents (that he and Jade live with) developed the same issue out of the blue! It was a hot mess.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,461 Member
    edited June 2023
    I had that happen during the wedding reception. Kayleigh was devastated as apparently Erik had flirted with someone. Mind you, I never once saw him misbehave, so I was at a loss. But I snapped a picture of Kayleigh, her face said it all. :open_mouth: I do blame the Crush sentiment for a lot of this. After we got GrT, I noticed that once the Teens who had a crush on each other aged to YA, their crush doesn't transform into love as it should. When Sims are in Crush with each other, they behave like Teens and fly off of the handle readily. I mean, how dare her Crush wave at another. Like everything else EA does, it's over the top.

ETA: Picture

2Fe7PqQ.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    I did an interaction once not long ago, impress with video game prowess or something like that with a neighbor, thinking it was a bragging interaction, not a flirting interaction. His wife got ticked, jealous, etc. and their romance bar dropped to half. Took awhile to fully fix the relationship too. Might have been something that happened which was fairly innocent but is flagged as "flirting".
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    I think it's built in to the game to cause drama and it really irks me. Often you get it when they want your sim to add a jealous trait. Also if you just go out and talk to some other sims it can crop up. I refuse the jealous trait, delete it if already in existence and use cheats to get rid of the results.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    It sounds like a bug, but one you could play with. Sounds a bit like the husband had a dream of his new bride cheating on him and woke up angry about it.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    This is one of the more annoying aspects of the game to me, and except in obvious buggy circumstances I think it is something that is built into the game, but the game is just stupid about it. Things like this are one of the reasons I eventually found it necessary to play with mods. I prefer my Sims couples to be in monogamous, stable and committed relationships. I will only go with a jealousy storyline if it makes sense for a particular couple, but the thing is it never has. If my sims couple goes to a nightclub, both get the DJ induced flirty mode, and both just happen to be dancing in the same area as other sims, then there is no reason for either of them to suddenly get angry because their partner is 'flirting', same with attending any sort of festival if another sim happens to come up and say hello, not grounds for sudden anger and loss of a romance bar. Unless its been a specific bug, I have never seen a situation where one sim has legitimately flirted with one another and the 'angry with flirty spouse' emotion has been warranted.

My usual response for this is to send both sims home (if they're not already there), use MCCC to fix their relationship bar, and then keep the angry sim away from their spouse by distracting both of them with endless tasks until the angry emotion wears off. Either that or just have them do repeated romance actions until the angry response goes away.

Sometimes I wish we could toggle the game between something like 'drama mode' and 'smooth sailing mode', where if you want lots of added drama the game can give you that, but if you just want to play happy families then the game will ease off on some things.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    I logged into a save once to happen upon the husband SUPER angry at his wife for flirting with someone else, but the thing is...the game had not even been running at all! I was so confused. And their relationship bars were entirely tanked, too. I used the modifyrelationship cheat because I was so disappointed in losing all of that work in their relationship, I couldn't bear to start all over, then...I can't remember exactly what I did next. I think I used a shower or beguiling or something and then had them woohoo in the hot tub lol, everything was fine after that. But I eventually got mccc and disabled jealousy specifically because of that experience. It really upset me to see that happen lol. I just want everyone to be happy and relaxed and getting along with each other.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited June 2023
    I feel like occasional low-level jealousy (whether or not accompanied by actual occasional low-level flirting) is a completely normal part of even a long-term committed relationship. And the couple can grow stronger through it. Commitment doesn't mean much if it's just the default setting, rather than something the couple continues to choose over time.

The game's way of introducing it can be awkward for sure. (There's no ingame way for sim A to wonder why sim B texts sim C so often, or for sim A to wonder why sim C is staring so long at sim B, or other situations that might be more normal in real life). But I feel like it's an interesting random event when it happens in my game.

edit: what happened to you though @fujicakes1 sounds like either a bug or a result of the Jealous trait. I only ever use the Jealous trait if I want that amount of drama as it is very intrusive.
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Hmm, that's odd.