Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why would I like the Moschino SP?

I've been on the fence for a while, nearly getting the Moschino pack earlier, but then something else in the game got my attention. Now it's on 30% sale (not that it matters that much, but on a tight budget every single Simoleon counts... ) this pack is back on my list. But what will it add to my game that I don't already have - sort of?

I have most EPs and some GPs.
Including Get to Work/Studio+Cams and Get Famous that I think already adds some fashionable outfits.

I like taking misc photos, some for the wall and some just for my folder.

I understand there is no modelling career, but can someone explain the photographer challenges? I read about getting on the magz front page, or is that just a random gig?

Are the backdrops and poses good? I am used to poseplayer mod, so I have plenty options already, but in game stuff might be a tad better?

Try to convince me?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member
    I have the pack and can’t remember why I got it but I love the shoes, which is weird because I’m not a shoe person in IRL - much prefer to go barefoot. I hardly use anything in the pack except the female heels and the male boots. I might have used the windows once or twice, but those shoes end up on a LOT of my sims.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
    edited May 2023
    Here are the main features in the Moschino Stuff Pack

📷 New portable photography tripod, camera, studio lights, Sim ground markers, and backdrops
    📷 Tripod will produce better quality photos and open up advanced camera options, even with a cheap camera or low Photography skill
    📷 Digital picture frame and collage picture frame
    📷 Take photos with pets and toddlers
    📷 Take photos of multiple Sims together
    📷 Control where Sims stand for photos with new ground markers
    📷 New photography poses and more control over which poses Sims do while being photographed
    📷 New Career: Freelance Fashion Photographer
    📷 New Gameplay Object: Tripod

https://simscommunity.info/2023/05/17/sims-4-pack-guide/#never-agonize-over-which-pack-to-buy-again

Edited to add:

You can see all the Build/Buy and CAS here:

https://www.ea.com/en/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/store/addons/the-sims-4-moschino-stuff-pack
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,954 Member
    edited May 2023
    I don't know how it compares to mod photography as I play no mods no cc

mods obviously will always have more options though
    so eh idk if its that big of addition the poses do get old fast

the photography in this pack does give you more options
    and make it easier with tripod and subject mark tho
    so for vanilla player very useful

also i am not sure
    if you are able to rotate camera while taking picture without this pack /tripod that ones hecking useful

theres new boring collage photoframe
    that i quite literally have never used and couple small electric photoframes that change pictures which is nice
    but honestly I just hate how they look so bulky techy and are so small
    that you would have to size most pictures up
    making the frame look even more bulky
    so I don't use them often

theres also this cool back screen thing that has changing pictures
    I find its rather useful for get famous venues n such
    tbh one of the more fun items of the pack
    cause we don't really have much other things like that

and then you have some more options for the photo background thingy
    that look more fashion i guess I use the black most though cause I'm basic

furniture, rather good for modern builds
    the stereo and neon light are probably 2 things i use the most
    aside from windows which are great for all kinds of builds really

lights also good

cas has couple nice leather things n the shiny fabulous boots i love
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,667 Member
    Thanks a bunch all! I'm still tempted, but nit convinced. Guess the consequence of clogging up my harddrive with content not so often used scares me, while I use photography a lot in my game and have several pro photographers who could definitely make use of some of this.

The ground marker object, can it be placed on ground outside lots? I normally use the mod "teleport anywhere" but that can only be placed like a regular object, so I miss arranging a set up on common ground/off lot.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,954 Member
    edited May 2023
    Thanks a bunch all! I'm still tempted, but nit convinced. Guess the consequence of clogging up my harddrive with content not so often used scares me, while I use photography a lot in my game and have several pro photographers who could definitely make use of some of this.

The ground marker object, can it be placed on ground outside lots? I normally use the mod "teleport anywhere" but that can only be placed like a regular object, so I miss arranging a set up on common ground/off lot.

yeah its inventory item can be placed everywhere on lot or off lot
    same with the tripod

but sim will put the items down wherever they want ofcourse like other inventory items
    theres no just dragging it exactly where you want to put it when you are off lot so its tad annoying still
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,903 Member
    I use those windows everywhere. I loved them in TS2 Apartmentlife, and it was must have for me.
    Also the boots.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    I bought it for the clothes, I guess, but it also came with a new freelance Fashion Photographer career.

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    If you like taking photos in game, then I think you will like the pack.

You can choose your sims' poses while taking a photo. You can take photos of up to 3 sims at once, including pets and toddlers. When you use the camera and the tripod, you can take 10pics in one go, instead of just 5.

All the photography equipment is portable : the tripod, camera, markers and lighting fixtures. You are not limited to a lot.

The build buy is also nice, especially the windows but I also like the magazine clutter and the sofa.

The weakest point of the fashion branded stuff pack is... the fashion. There are fewer cas items than in other stuff packs and some have very limited color options.

I haven't tried the career yet but I have seen it in let's plays. It looks interesting enough to give it a go.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 547 Member
    I don't own Moschino. After doing my research, I decided I don't want it, but I know people who own it and absolutely love it. It all boils down to one thing: how much do you use base game photography? If you're like me and you barely touch the base game photography features, there is no point in getting Moschino. On the other hand, if you love decorating your sims home with photos of family and friends, if you love to develop your sims photography skills, especially if you want your sims to be professional photographer, you'll probably really enjoy this pack.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I have the pack and the options are nice for vanilla play. I don't do a lot of photography really, so I guess I could have gone without it... but when I take some photos I appreciate what it offers. If you use mods my guess is you wont need it, but no experience on that.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I'll copy over another post I made related to this on how I was using Moschino content for my Photographer and Stylist career sims along as making up game play for fashion models.
    CK213 wrote: »
    Yes!

I am playing out the scenario now and Style Influencers, Photographers, and Models make for great integrated game-play.
    Style Influencer/Photographer is already baked into the game when you play a photographer. A style influencer will actually come over to look at photos.

This Fashion Trinity could be an easy Slam-dunk for EA.

The weak link is models.
    I had my photographer go out and recruit his own.
    I just wish I could rotate over to my models and play them in their own career.
    11-28-21_1-08-41_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Game play has been fun from the Photographer's point of view.
    11-28-21_1-21-19_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

11-28-21_1-21-39_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I do have a work-around to make sure my models get paid.
    I simply gift them cash. I also gift them copies of the photos so they can hang them up in their homes.
    The more I use them in fashion shoots, the more they get paid.
    11-28-21_1-26-56_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Just writing this right now inspired me to rotate over to my Style Influencer's fashion boutique to see what a meeting between these three would be like. This is what happened.
    06-24-22_8-03-06_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    She has an office on the second level.
    06-24-22_8-06-27_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Hey! Who are you?
    Paparazzi?
    06-24-22_8-06-56_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I can run through all her style influencer socials and just role play this.
    06-24-22_8-07-12_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I had Olivia call up one of the models Orlando has used.
    More Paparazzi. Fine, I will work them in the scenario.
    06-24-22_8-09-09_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

This is Kara. She is actually an actress, but I have been using her as a fashion model too.
    I would rather have called up the blond sim in the first shot, but Olivia doesn't know her yet.
    06-24-22_8-11-02_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Why am I just now thinking of doing this?
    This is great!
    06-24-22_8-12-39_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

06-24-22_8-16-01_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Olivia has her model her current outfit, sizing up in her mind which of her designs she could possibly wear.
    06-24-22_8-19-26_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Let's get her outfitted.
    06-24-22_8-33-08_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The photographer decides to take a nap.
    Thank god the Murphy bed didn't kill him.
    06-24-22_8-33-28_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Ya know...
    Candid pictures of a sleeping mid-tier celebrity might get you even more simoleons.
    06-24-22_8-33-39_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

So in the future, I think I will have Olivia meet all of Orlando's models and invite them over to give them outfits that I know will fit the Photography job categories Orlando often takes.
    06-24-22_8-34-55_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    06-24-22_8-40-50_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

06-24-22_8-41-40_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I took control of Kara at this point, to think about what I can have the models do.
    06-24-22_8-42-18_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

They can select from outfits Olivia has already put together.
    06-24-22_8-44-55_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

They have to spend their own money, but I can have Orlando compensate them later.
    06-24-22_8-47-42_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Orlando has his studio at his home.
    He has done very well as a photographer.
    06-24-22_8-50-53_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Since Olivia is integrated into his game play, she is here often.
    06-24-22_8-53-08_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I enjoy filling his home with his work.
    It feels like he is involved in fashion and film. I actually had him play a paparazzo early in his career.
    06-24-22_8-53-31_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

06-24-22_8-54-02_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Let's not forget male models.
    06-24-22_8-54-43_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

What I need to do is have Orlando through a party.
    This way all the participants in this scenario can network.
    06-24-22_8-56-13_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Yep, I will be doing this in future game play.
    06-24-22_9-06-24_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

All I need is a modeling career to make this truly immersive.
    It would be cool if the end-game of modeling is a big event like Fashion Week or something.
    I would love to see a fashion show and have Olivia and Orlando there in VIP seats.

I remember doing this in The Sims 2.
    Ancient history.
    https://youtu.be/ZoMkiYr5XRM

Other Stuff.
    -Really nice, fashionable outfits, including males.
    -More fashion poses.
    -A fashion show, of course.
    -Save our own fashion styles
    -Pack integration with Photographer and Style Influencer careers.
    -Career branches, maybe to a fashion magazine path. You would see the sims at the top of this path as Fashion Week VIPs too.

Off the top of my head, my knowledge of the fashion world is limited.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    edited May 2023
    Thanks for the inspiration @CK213 ! Many great ideas there!

I am pretty good at imagining my sms' activities etc, so I think I'd be able to pretend a photo career based on the packs and tons of cc I already got. The only object I see from Moschino pack might be the curved backdrop. I might need the pack just for that. Smart including the style influencer board, I never thought of that. Looks like you used several copies on the same lot, I assume they can be found in the hidden objects catalog?

So far I only played Penny Pizzazz as a model, here she is at one shoot in Sulani, lol:

And, there is a catwalk in a top notch wedding dress salon/tailor in my Fashion District, which I intended to use more. Models and photographers could be active there, I guess.
    gossips-03-56.jpg
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    I bought the Moschino pack to enhance my experience with Get Famous - the two packs complement each other very well.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    I like the Moschino pack, I don’t use CC or mods, but I like taking pictures. I have a photographer that I started sometime after getting Get to Work. He has a photo studio and mostly took landscapes he could sell. I also have a painter that goes different places and does the same thing.

But, I love that Moschino stuff comes with the markers and tripod+camera. I have cameras and markers set up in various places. I have one outside the ship wreck night club in Sulani, with part of the ship wreck as back ground. I have another set up in a lounge/barn in Henford on Bagley with markers and tripod+camera set up in front of hay bales. In the Del Sol Valley Museum I have added extra activities, one thing added is a basement with a lot of different area’s set up for pictures, so there are some with the Moschino backdrops, some with other backdrops, like an indoor area set up as a garden, and different area’s with different wall patterns which can easily be changed, even an area with children’s walls, all with their own tripod+camera and markers, In one of my malls I have a room set up like a vampires living room with the tripod+camera with markers too. And I plan on adding a camera+tripod and markers to the graduation venue. I like that the camera+tripod and markers are so easy to use that you don’t have to have an experienced photographer there. You can have sims on vacation go to the tripod+camera and then take a picture with others ( they can head over to a marker too. ) It just makes picture taking so easy.

You can also add a photographer to your wedding couples household, and add tripod+camera to different wedding venue areas for the photographer to take pictures of your wedding guests, and set up a special one with a background that the couple can use themselves. I think I have set ups at one of my wedding venues for these purposes, I just haven’t had a wedding there yet.

I find the camera, tripod, and markers are just so versatile for use by all sims.

The clothing in the pack does not have much variety as far as swatches go for many of the pieces, but there are many nice pieces in the clothing set, I use the jackets quite a bit. There is a fancy outfit my musician uses for performances too. The boots are also cute.

And like all stuff packs there are new hairstyles with the pack too.

I also like the build buy, you can make a very nice waiting room with it, And, I love the window.

It comes with a photographer career too where you can call over and take pictures of models. I haven’t even used that yet. So far I have gotten much use out of this stuff pack.
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I like the Moschino pack, I don’t use CC or mods, but I like taking pictures. I have a photographer that I started sometime after getting Get to Work. He has a photo studio and mostly took landscapes he could sell. I also have a painter that goes different places and does the same thing.

But, I love that Moschino stuff comes with the markers and tripod+camera. I have cameras and markers set up in various places. I have one outside the ship wreck night club in Sulani, with part of the ship wreck as back ground. I have another set up in a lounge/barn in Henford on Bagley with markers and tripod+camera set up in front of hay bales. In the Del Sol Valley Museum I have added extra activities, one thing added is a basement with a lot of different area’s set up for pictures, so there are some with the Moschino backdrops, some with other backdrops, like an indoor area set up as a garden, and different area’s with different wall patterns which can easily be changed, even an area with children’s walls, all with their own tripod+camera and markers, In one of my malls I have a room set up like a vampires living room with the tripod+camera with markers too. And I plan on adding a camera+tripod and markers to the graduation venue. I like that the camera+tripod and markers are so easy to use that you don’t have to have an experienced photographer there. You can have sims on vacation go to the tripod+camera and then take a picture with others ( they can head over to a marker too. ) It just makes picture taking so easy.

You can also add a photographer to your wedding couples household, and add tripod+camera to different wedding venue areas for the photographer to take pictures of your wedding guests, and set up a special one with a background that the couple can use themselves. I think I have set ups at one of my wedding venues for these purposes, I just haven’t had a wedding there yet.

I find the camera, tripod, and markers are just so versatile for use by all sims.

The clothing in the pack does not have much variety as far as swatches go for many of the pieces, but there are many nice pieces in the clothing set, I use the jackets quite a bit. There is a fancy outfit my musician uses for performances too. The boots are also cute.

I also like the build buy, you can make a very nice waiting room with it, And, I love the window.

It comes with a photographer career too where you can call over and take pictures of models. I haven’t even used that yet. So far I have gotten much use out of this stuff pack.

That's awesome! Thanks for bringing up the setup on community lots, it sounds perfect for my gaming style. Say if there is a set up cam in Selvadorada, can two visiting sims have their 2-sim photo taken without involving a 3rd sim as a photographer?
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited May 2023
    It’s one of my most used packs. All of my main sims learn photography and I use those poses it introduced on every single photo I take. I use the tripod as it has more poses and takes best quality pictures without photography skill. The digital photo frame that rotates through different pictures you put on it is a really nice item and I use that a bit too.

I’ve used those 3 things alone enough to warrant buying it at full price. All of my favourite in game photos bar one came from using Moschino stuff. As for the rest of the pack i have used some CAS and BB and there’s a few nice bits but mostly I don’t use it - it’s not the worst but not the best. I also didn’t have time to try the career or make a studio so I can’t judge those.

For a stuff pack I find it is versatile and has impact on day to day gameplay. I always feel like I own this pack, even if I don’t always use some of its things Im always using some features from Moschino stuff. I think it’s good value in comparison to other stuff packs, several gameplay items, a career and it improves photography.
    That's awesome! Thanks for bringing up the setup on community lots, it sounds perfect for my gaming style. Say if there is a set up cam in Selvadorada, can two visiting sims have their 2-sim photo taken without involving a 3rd sim as a photographer?
    There’s a timer on the tripod. In theory your sim sets the timer and goes back to pose, then you can take the photo. I find this always works with 2 sims, but was very temperamental with 3 and I needed a photographer for 3 sims most time.
    Post edited by JustinB113 on
    Thanks @JustinB113 :)
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

Well, I will say I have invited sims out of my household to granite falls to go on vacation with one of my sims, but it’s really really tricky if the sim is not part of your household. If they aren’t in your household you can’t control them as easily. But if the second person is in your household where you can control them yes, I think it would work the same as it did in Henford on Bagley for me. I had the tripod/camera set up, with 2 markers and my two sims a wife and husband were able to take pictures together without a third person (photographer). So I assume if both people are in your household that it should work the same as any other community lot, as long as you have the camera/tripod and markers set up. You shouldn’t need a photographer with the set up tripod/camera and markers. If the second person isn’t in your household I’m not sure if it will work because it’s tricky when you invite people not in your household on vacations, But, it’s easy enough to move people in and out of your household.
  • FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 505 Member
    I've been following this thread with interest. I'd never really considered getting this pack as it didn't seem to anything much for me, but the comments here made me see new possibilities ... so I made the most of the current sale price and now have it!
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I've been following this thread with interest. I'd never really considered getting this pack as it didn't seem to anything much for me, but the comments here made me see new possibilities ... so I made the most of the current sale price and now have it!

Ah awesome, let us know what you think of it 😁

• FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 505 Member
    @JustinB113 I haven’t had much of a chance to explore it yet, but I did give one of my Sims the tripod and am very impressed by the quality of the first photo she took. I’ve previously been quite disappointed by the photos my Sims have taken, and I’ve found it awkward to get good shots, so I’m already pleased to see how much better it is with this pack!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Why would you? I have it only because the app dumped it into my game. That happened because it was a greyed-out not purchased icon. The clothing is hideous and have no interest in whatever else it offers. Save your pesos unless it has something in it you'll really like and use. I'd rather have the much hated by everyone Battuu.
    Why would you? I have it only because the app dumped it into my game. That happened because it was a greyed-out not purchased icon. The clothing is hideous and have no interest in whatever else it offers. Save your pesos unless it has something in it you'll really like and use. I'd rather have the much hated by everyone Battuu.

Notes taken :)

I must admit I like what I see from Battuu pictures. I am definitely not into star wars, and my game universe is already packed with story lines and stuff I did not yet try out, so I would not need Battuu for enjoying my game, but it looks so unique and I like how some simmers use it as a "family park" thing. I could easily merge it with the Astronaut or Military career story wise.

Re Moschino, I'm still out of town so I guess I missed that sale for now, besides the Book nook kit got my attention. I'll reconsider when I return back home.